The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2022, 07:51 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,399
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Who else is a big fan of this show? It stars Larry David, who's also its creator. He's also the co-creator of Seinfeld.

This show is hilarious. I find Larry David so relatable. People are so full of **** and yet they think Larry is the one who's a bad person and needs some help

Some of my favourite scenes:







I had always heard George Costanza was based in Larry David and it really shows.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:59 AM   #2
superstaff
Mad Scientist
 
superstaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,014
My favorite scene from Curb, probably: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l42Or3q9TE

(I still can't figure out how to embed videos into comments on here. )
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #3
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
My favorite scene from Curb, probably: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l42Or3q9TE

(I still can't figure out how to embed videos into comments on here. )
Press the share button under the youtube video and copy the link:

https://youtu.be/B2oLFKYNInQ


Remove the http://youtu.be/ part and paste the remaining part of the link in between the YouTube tags
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:27 PM   #4
superstaff
Mad Scientist
 
superstaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Press the share button under the youtube video and copy the link:

https://youtu.be/B2oLFKYNInQ


Remove the http://youtu.be/ part and paste the remaining part of the link in between the YouTube tags
Cool, thanks.

Here's another Curb scene I like:

superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:53 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 38,883
I watched the whole series for the first time last year. I can't believe the first special debuted in the year 2000 and this show has been around for literally 22+ years, even if it took long breaks between the last few seasons.

The shows early seasons has Larry wheeling in a huge container of VHS tapes of Seinfeld for Shaq in the hospital to watch. If that episode aired in the mid-2000's he would just hand Shaq a DVD boxset of the series. If it aired in the 2010's he would just give Shaq a sub to whatever online streaming site has Seinfeld currently.

I honestly laughed when you see this huge carton of VHS tapes for "old" Seinfeld episodes from the first season of Curb. Times have changed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:09 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I watched the whole series for the first time last year. I can't believe the first special debuted in the year 2000 and this show has been around for literally 22+ years, even if it took long breaks between the last few seasons.

The shows early seasons has Larry wheeling in a huge container of VHS tapes of Seinfeld for Shaq in the hospital to watch. If that episode aired in the mid-2000's he would just hand Shaq a DVD boxset of the series. If it aired in the 2010's he would just give Shaq a sub to whatever online streaming site has Seinfeld currently.

I honestly laughed when you see this huge carton of VHS tapes for "old" Seinfeld episodes from the first season of Curb. Times have changed.
Yes. It's funny. The show debuted over 20 years ago and it only has what, 11 seasons? Must have taken a couple of long breaks.

Hard to say which seasons are the best ones really. Larry does seem to be more on the jokes in the more modern episodes however. But that doesn't mean they're bad at all.

Seinfeld was another highly consistent series. Not surprised Curb is very consistent as well.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:59 PM   #7
superstaff
Mad Scientist
 
superstaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,014
I haven't watched some of the newer seasons, mostly because I tend to just binge the show when I'm in the mood. I still think the older seasons were sharper and more clever.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 01:51 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,399
I must say, Curb feels more like a show about nothing than Seinfeld does.

No show is truly about nothing, after all something needs to happen. But Curb just gives me more of a nothing vibe overall. I find it very hard to describe Curb to someone. Telling them what the show is about is a rather difficult thing to do.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 02:01 PM   #9
superstaff
Mad Scientist
 
superstaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,014
Seinfeld had pronounced story arcs.

I mean, Curb had some arcs as well (The Producers Broadway Show, Larry opening the new restaurant, the Seinfeld reunion special, etc), it's just that the show doesn't really focus on that stuff, and it's honestly just excuses to put Larry into situations where he'd need to do his thing. When Seinfeld did the arcs, there'd be more focus on them like when the pilot Jerry and George were making for NBC, and there was more continuity between episodes than in Curb.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 02:51 PM   #10
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Seinfeld had pronounced story arcs.

I mean, Curb had some arcs as well (The Producers Broadway Show, Larry opening the new restaurant, the Seinfeld reunion special, etc), it's just that the show doesn't really focus on that stuff, and it's honestly just excuses to put Larry into situations where he'd need to do his thing. When Seinfeld did the arcs, there'd be more focus on them like when the pilot Jerry and George were making for NBC, and there was more continuity between episodes than in Curb.
Yes. That's pretty much it.

Curb has less of a plot in general. Mostly focuses on the interactions between Larry and other characters.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.