The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-03-2023, 02:08 AM   #101
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So "Nocturne" (season 1?) is out on Netflix now. I skimmed the episodes and it looks like neither Dracula or Alucard show up at all in this. Just more female vampires like the last few seasons, that's it.

I don't think I'm going to bother with this. It isn't Castlevania.
Since its kinda sorta adaptation of Rondo, Alucard shouldn't show up.
As for the rest...as expected.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 02:11 AM   #102
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Since its kinda sorta adaptation of Rondo, Alucard shouldn't show up.
True. But they could've at least at the end, in like a lead-up to a Symphony of the Night semi-adaption which could be gold. Because where else are you going from a Richter Belmont series that is a Dracula X pseudo remake than Symphony? Which is like the biggest Castlevania hit of all time? But that is just a side thing. You have to have Dracula. Period.

Quote:
As for the rest...as expected.
I don't f***ing understand. I don't get it. Castlevania = at minimum, Dracula (and they tried to recreate him as a hermaphrodite in the last season). Period. Yes, we have Medusa heads, and skeletons, and mummies, and Grim Reaper if we're lucky, but at minimum Dracula. In every game. But here we are, just more randomly created from the ether female vampires. That's all we're doing here, again.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 10-03-2023 at 02:24 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:24 AM   #103
Sumac
Banned

Personally I always supported point of view, that not every Castlevania story should have Dracula in it.

Like in case of some IGA-era stories, like Portrait of Ruin or Harmony of Dissonance or Order of Ecclesia, Dracula felt shoehorned without much of a plot behind it, just, because "Castlevania story should have Dracula", which made stories look sloppy and stupid. He is like "space flea from nowhere" in those stories.

So absence of Dracula by itself is not a problem. Now, since its an adaptation of the story where Dracula was playing a prominent role, his absence is puzzling.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 03:22 PM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

Alucard literally shows up in the season finale at the very end, this is why you don't skim episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote