The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #10581
Leo656
The Franchise

My copy of Mortal Kombat Trilogy (N64) showed up in the mail today.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:46 PM   #10582
Prowler
Emperor

The water temple always ends up taking more time than other temples because there's always that one key I overlook.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:46 AM   #10583
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I beat the original Zelda as a kid. Funny story about that - apparently the magic sword allowed you to attack "flames" and wipe them out. I didn't know that at the time and only found out decades later from a YouTube video.

So after you beat Ganon (Ganon, right?) you are faced with a room where Zelda is in the center surrounded by a wall around her and two flame icons in the front. I guess you were supposed to hit them with your sword.
LMAO, instead I just walked up to them, took the hit and pushed "through" them in those nanoseconds of invincibility that you are given after a hit. It took me two or three pushes, but the game let me do it.

In hindsight, how funny would it have been to get all the way through that last fight, win and then die walking through fire because I had no idea that the magic sword could extinguish the flames? HAHAHAHHA but it worked, saving me from a horrific childhood experience of frustration and self-contempt. LMAO!
I don't know how I figured to use the sword on the flames to get to Zelda. I've never tried getting rid of flames with the sword anywhere else. I did once try walking through the flames to get to Zelda, and I was surprised that it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

As for the Zelda 2 discussion - oh man. I was not a fan of that game. And then I went through this very strange and sudden phase were after owning it for like a year and never playing it, I got all absorbed by it and I either beat it or played pretty far into it, I don't even remember.

What I do remember is that the game was a drag until you unlocked Links upward and downward thrusts which really made the fight mechanics much more enjoyable. Actually now that I type this, I think I remember the game being night and day more enjoyable once you managed to get the super high jump boots or something. That sticks out in my head for some reason.
Zelda II was the first Zelda game I've ever played, and owned. I don't know why I got that first. I had gotten an NES in late 1989, and that's when the Super Mario Bros. Super Show started, and I mostly saw the Zelda cartoon that they aired on Fridays. My cousin was the one who played through the most of it though. He beat the first five dungeons. I tried to find the sixth one on my own, but that took a while. I took the game to his house one day, and he was looking through a magazine that said to play the flute at Three-Eye Rock. We were pretty close to it, and I just grabbed the controller and played the flute there, and the palace appeared. What we didn't know about though, is finding the Magic Key in New Kasuto. So we just got through doors by using the fairy spell. I finished the sixth dungeon on my own, as well as the Great Palace at the end. Defeating the Thunderbird there was a pain in the neck, but then later I realized that my attack level should have been at its zenith. I was just one level below it.

You didn't get super high jump boots in Zelda II. What you got is a spell that made you jump higher. The boots you'd get would enable you to walk on water on the overhead map.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:07 AM   #10584
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
You didn't get super high jump boots in Zelda II. What you got is a spell that made you jump higher. The boots you'd get would enable you to walk on water on the overhead map.
OMG that's right man.... lmao the boots and you could walk over the lakes and get the heart containers in the middle and whatnot. LMAO!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:13 PM   #10585
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I got that Resident Evil. It's really fun and it looks so good with the ray tracing on. I just kinda wish they moved on from the Ethan Winters stuff. I wanna play as the OG's, man.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:44 PM   #10586
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I haven’t gamed in several years but watching videos of the FFVII Remake drew back in so I’ve been playing the OG Version and having a blast. I’m on Disc 2....once I’m done with this one I’m moving on to FFVIII
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #10587
IMJ
Emperor

Speaking of FF, I'm finding now more than ever I'm wishing for a Parasite Eve remastered compilation of all three games.

First, the first two are selling very well on the aftermarket right now, but I don't want to get rid of my copies.

Second, I've never played the 3rd Birthday

Third, the environment is perfect for remasters.

These are amazing games and although I don't do much gaming anymore, if the PE trilogy got a remaster, I'd be all-in for those.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:08 PM   #10588
Leo656
The Franchise

Rocky (Game Boy Advance) and Star Wars Episode I: The Battle For Naboo (N64) came in the mail today.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:35 PM   #10589
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I started playing Resident evil vilalge on Friday which is its release date. From whati have played so far , i like it more than resident evil 7 because it has more action. See here me killing all the monsters!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_hmupUnr1Y
Old 05-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #10590
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I started playing Resident evil vilalge on Friday which is its release date. From whati have played so far , i like it more than resident evil 7 because it has more action. See here me killing all the monsters!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_hmupUnr1Y
I know it's a running gag to make fun of your PC around here, but seriously, you're getting like 15 FPS in that video. It even shows in the settings when you're trying to show them off that you're way over your memory budget. Give it up, man.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:06 PM   #10591
Leo656
The Franchise

Gauntlet: Legends (N64) came in the mail today.

Old 05-16-2021, 04:07 AM   #10592
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I finished Resident evil village yesterday. Yes it was better than expected. Took me one week and one day. It had more action than 7 but not as much as 6 and 5. It was just a good game.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:09 AM   #10593
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I know it's a running gag to make fun of your PC around here, but seriously, you're getting like 15 FPS in that video. It even shows in the settings when you're trying to show them off that you're way over your memory budget. Give it up, man.
It is because i havent found a RTX 3080 yet due to low supply. Most recent upgrade i did was in July when i got the MP 600 2TB SSD(WRITE 4950MB/S READ 4250MB/S) . Since October i try to find a RTX 3000 graphics card but havent found one yet due to low supply. I hope i can find a RTX 3080 or a RTX 3080TI that releases in a few weeks soon.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:37 AM   #10594
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Can't you lower the level of detail through a settings menu in that game? Maybe you can gain some FPS while you wait for the latest video card.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #10595
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

? just finished Lara Croft and The Temple Of Osiris. It is old game as it was released in 2011 but must say that i liked it more than Shadow of Tomb Raider that released in 2018 becuase Lara Croft And The Temple of Osiris has much more action.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:10 AM   #10596
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I just started playing Days Gone that relased today for pc! A great action games and i kill all zombies very brutally!!!
Old 05-18-2021, 12:01 PM   #10597
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Wow, looks like i've been out of the loop, when did Resident Evil become a FPS? How was it accepted so well that I never read any drama about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It is because i havent found a RTX 3080 yet due to low supply. Most recent upgrade i did was in July when i got the MP 600 2TB SSD(WRITE 4950MB/S READ 4250MB/S) . Since October i try to find a RTX 3000 graphics card but havent found one yet due to low supply. I hope i can find a RTX 3080 or a RTX 3080TI that releases in a few weeks soon.
you won't because all the GPUs are being used to mine cryptocurrencies
GPUs actually have a real value now
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:28 PM   #10598
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Wow, looks like i've been out of the loop, when did Resident Evil become a FPS? How was it accepted so well that I never read any drama about it
Plenty of fans don't like it, myself included. Especially after Resident Evil 2 REmake basically perfected the Resident Evil formula in an over the shoulder perspective. Resident Evil is such a goddamn mess, but when Capcom keeps chasing trends to target casuals and newcomers, it's kind of hard to hear any sort of criticism considering how popular the IP is in general.
Old 05-25-2021, 01:00 PM   #10599
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Resident evil village was better than 7 but not as good as5 and 6. I now started playing a very instresting game ! It is called Maneater and in this protagonist is a shark who eats humans and other fishes. And you know what? We eat TURTLES too which makes it the perfect game for me THE SHREDDER!!! it will give me great pleasure to eat all the turtles and remove them from the world!!! HAAMUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2021, 06:35 PM   #10600
Leo656
The Franchise

The repro cart for Secret of Mana (SNES) I bought from China came today.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games