The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #41
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's also not Batgirl
And Spider-Man never got married and had a kid.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #42
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
And it's such a foolish thing to do when you're just starting out. Announcing their entire ten-year plan on one day, one event, was the absolute stupidest way DC could have kicked off their cinematic universe. Announcing effing Cyborg when BvS hadn't come out yet.... what genius came up with that?
Yeah, they are going to have to take some hits for that when some more of their movies underperform. I'd be surprised if they release every single movie they've announced
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:20 PM   #43
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I don't even think Flash is happening. Comic book movies are THE big thing right now, and the fact that two directors ran away as far as they could from the film, in such a short period of time, indicates that there is something very toxic and evil about that film that no one wants to play ball with.

Shazam... no way is that happening. I feel like the only reason it exists is so that Marvel doesn't get The Rock too.
Cyborg... nah.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

They're probably just going to focus on all Batman related characters and drop all the other superhero projects, besides ones currently in production like Aquaman.

Depending if Wonder Woman does well they might greenlit a sequel for it, but we'll have to wait and see how it does first.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:37 PM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They're probably just going to focus on all Batman related characters and drop all the other superhero projects, besides ones currently in production like Aquaman.

Depending if Wonder Woman does well they might greenlit a sequel for it, but we'll have to wait and see how it does first.
I feel like Green Lantern Corps could still happen. That one's got a LOT of potential.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:43 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I feel like Green Lantern Corps could still happen. That one's got a LOT of potential.
Probably. And the "right" people want it to happen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:46 PM   #47
ToTheNines
[sic]

Really can't picture Whedon doing DCFU. But this could be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Not saying it's a great idea to do it this way, but they like to adapt the comic book storylines.
You mean "adapt".

Also agree with what you said about how they should ditch the continuity and just make movies. Everything they do seems to be anti-marvel anyways, right down to refusing to utilize post-credit scenes (until they caved with SS) why not shared universe too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Yay! Flashbacks to when Babs was sexually victimized as a kid!
Just what we needed!
Seens awfully regressive to suggest that bad things can't happen to females. Especially since she perseveres and continues to fight crime with a disability. And later even recovers.

You know bad stuff happens to females in real life, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
And Spider-Man never got married and had a kid.
YES HE DID AND HER NAMES MAYDAY!!!!

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #48
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
YES HE DID AND HER NAMES MAYDAY!!!!

And currently it's Annie-May

(Also, he had a son in Mayday's timeline too)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #49
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Seens awfully regressive to suggest that bad things can't happen to females. Especially since she perseveres and continues to fight crime with a disability. And later even recovers.

You know bad stuff happens to females in real life, right?
3/10.
Troll harder next time.
Possibly at someone who wasn't sexually assaulted as a teenager.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #50
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I do hope once Rebirth ends, it's revealed the only reason Babs recovered was because of Mahattan's alteration, and she snaps back into being a cripple and remembers she's actually married to Dick.

I don't say that to be a **** or anything, I just preferred her fighting crime while coping with her disability, not magically recovering from it and taking 20 year steps back in maturity.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:07 PM   #51
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
3/10.
Troll harder next time.
Possibly at someone who wasn't sexually assaulted as a teenager.
Not trolling. How was I supposed to know that happened to you. And how the hell do you know that I've never been molested?
Old 03-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #52
plastroncafe

Quote:
Not trolling. How was I supposed to know that happened to you. And how the hell do you know that I've never been molested?
I don't, but then I wasn't the one who made the glib, "you know bad things do happen to "women" in real life, right?" remark.

Next time maybe you'll be more careful when you're making purposely provocative remarks for the sole purpose of getting an emotional rise out of people you barely know.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #53
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I don't know much about the character, but I think they have a good opportunity to do something interesting with the story and tell a kind of story that hasn't been done before. It would be cool to see the ex-Batgirl Oracle pass the mantle down to a new Batgirl, with a cameo by the Batfleck
Old 03-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #54
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I don't, but then I wasn't the one who made the glib, "you know bad things do happen to "women" in real life, right?" remark.

Next time maybe you'll be more careful when you're making purposely provocative remarks for the sole purpose of getting an emotional rise out of people you barely know.
I'm really sorry. I didn't mean it that way and I apologize.

I posed the rhetorical question because it seemed to me that you were simply detracting KJ because "fridging". I think it's overrated and I personally would never write that kind of story, but I still find Batgirl to be an uplifting character. Even when awful sh*t happens, we still keep fighting. Although, Joker never got what was coming to him, which is unfortunate.

Did you ever read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books? I thought they were all brilliant.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #55
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

I posed the rhetorical question because it seemed to me that you were simply detracting KJ because "fridging". I think it's overrated and I personally would never write that kind of story, but I still find Batgirl to be an uplifting character. Even when awful sh*t happens, we still keep fighting. Although, Joker never got what was coming to him, which is unfortunate.

Did you ever read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books? I thought they were all brilliant.
The fourth one, written by some other guy, was weaker than the rest but still decent. I guess that was to be expected. Wish Larsson could have stuck around to finish the ten he originally envisioned. I read all four in a pretty short period of time and got super into the stories, Lisbeth is a major bad ass
Old 03-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #56
plastroncafe

Quote:

Thank you.

I don't object to this new Batgirl movie having traces of The Killing Joke in it because I'm overly sensitive to the subject matter, but rather because...it's done. It's been done. It's boring.

It's like...all anyone can think to do with Barbara Gordon, when they think about her at all, is make sure she's always a girl (ie: immature female human), and that she's always a vehicle for the men in her life to have feelings. Be that her dad, Bats, or Dick.

I find that boring.

I can see the train of thought:
We want a girl hero! Batman's the only property we're any good at cashing in on, OH how about Batgirl?! We can do The Killing Joke again. Then we've got the girl market, and the fanboy market! Everyone loves that story! And to make sure we keep that girl market, we'll get Whedon to direct! Girls love Whedon!

Only, the guy seems to be shedding his female fanbase like dresses drop after prom. I love the guy, love the bulk of his work, but that work only comes in a few different flavors. And once you've sampled them all, they're not new. I know more than a few people who are tired of what he's got to offer, and the way he chooses to present that.

Now if he was going to give us a Jessica Jones-style story about Barbara post Killing Joke? That...that I'd be interested in.

Quote:
I have not, I did see the Americanized movie version.
The original title of the book series is appropriate: Men Who Hate Women
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #57
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I have not, I did see the Americanized movie version.
The original title of the book series is appropriate: Men Who Hate Women
That film's alright, but Larsson's writing is superb. 10/10 would recommend
Old 03-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Although, Joker never got what was coming to him, which is unfortunate.
Pretty sure he's died a few times since then.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:32 PM   #59
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Pretty sure he's died a few times since then.
Wasn't there a thing where his kid ripped his face off and then stapled it to themself? Did he die during that?
Old 03-30-2017, 05:37 PM   #60
Chris
Mad Scientist

Start of last year I'd have been so excited for this. I still am, kinda, as I think Josh Whedon could make a great Batgirl movie. But at this point WB/DC have like 15 movies announced for the DCEU (not even counting this year's WW & JL) and only Aquaman has any significant progress. They've announced so many films it's like they're just throwing (mostly Bat shaped) stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks. It's hard to get excited for something when 3 films in the DCEU hasn't produced 1 movie that can genuinely be called a crowd pleaser & the rest is basically a bunch of announcements with no tangible progress (except for Aquaman).

Plus I'm getting Bat fatigue already! I get that Batman is WB's comfort blanket and they're retreating to him in the wake of the BvS disaster but Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad 2 (likely to be Harley heavy again), it's a lot of Batman. I love the Bat family, there's lots of great characters there that can & should be mined for great films but not at the expense of the rest of the DCEU. Let's get Flash & GL sorted out before we start pushing ahead with Nightwing & Batgirl. Confirming those Vaughn rumours for Man of Steel 2 would be great as well.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
papenbrook triggered