The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #41
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Watches are SO last century. Why buy an expensive watch when you can take 3 seconds to pull you phone out of your pocket and tell the time?

I can't believe people out there spend $200-$500 for something that tells you the time. We're not in 1985 anymore.
It may take 3 seconds to pull out your phone to check the time, but it takes less time to glance at your wrist.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #42
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Cubed, get over it. Some people prefer to wear watches, and not all of them cost that much. There are lots of watches that are much cheaper than the prices you mentioned. Let people do what they want. I don't wear a watch and rarely have, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with people who do decide to wear them.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

I haven't worn a watch since 2000, since the battery died in my Episode I Obi-Wan Kenobi watch. Fun Fact: That's when I started wearing bandannas and/or wristbands; I got used to having something there and never bothered replacing the watch. I hate being a slave to time, anyway.

I rarely wear jewelry anymore, although I have and I own a fair bit. I have a pretty rad collection of cross necklaces, but most of my jobs have been ones where jewelry is frowned upon or at least cumbersome, so I fell out of it. I pretty much only wear any when it's a special occasion or holiday. Same with my earrings; both ears are pierced, two in the left and one in the right, but I only wear them occasionally. I have to take them out to go to work, anyways, so it's become more of a hassle than anything. I still wear them, though, just not every day like I used to. Most of my earrings are crosses and Indian feathers, stuff like that. Always dangly stuff, I kind of don't see the point in studs or small earrings, especially since my hair is so long. For some reason, the right hole has always tried to heal over really quickly and I've always had a problem getting the earring in that side. I've had to tear a new hole out the back of my lobe almost every time since I first got it done. That's another reason I don't wear them as much. I got my left ear pierced when I was 10 and it never gave me a problem. I got the second left one and the right one on the same day when I was 17, and the left one is fine but the right one always tried to close, I'unno.

I've never really wore rings or anything. Well, occasionally. If I had one of those nice, authentic-looking Green Lantern or Sinestro rings I might be more inclined, but that's about it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:38 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

Another reason I never got into jewelery is because I would always be afraid of losing something. If you spend $200 on a necklace wouldn't you be paranoid that you'll lose it one day and $200 will be down the drain?

Kind of a waste of money.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #45
Leo656
The Franchise

Seeing as how the most I've ever spent on anything was $20, I can't relate to that problem. Where you shoppin'? You lookin' for some diamond earrings there, buddy? Ya gonna get the matching bracelet?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #46
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I've never had that problem. Most of my jewelry is relatively inexpensive stuff- mostly silver, as I rarely wear anything gold anymore, and I have several pieces that are pewter- so I'm not too worried about losing it. The worst problem I ever have is occasionally having a chain break. I just get a new one and put whatever was on the broken chain on the new one. No biggie. my pieces have more sentimental and/or spiritual value than material value, anyway. That said, my most expensive and valuable piece is, of course, my wedding/engagement ring. It's the one piece of jewelry that I get concerned about losing, mostly because my (then future) hubby bought it, and we currently don't have the money to replace it if it were lost or stolen.

As mentioned, the two pieces I wear most often are my spider and turtle pendants, and a tiger's eye and hematite spire that I sometimes wear. I used to wear a pair of dragon-claw earrings, but one was lost, so I turned the other into a pendant, as well. But I love to wear earrings and bracelets on holidays or other special occasions. I even have a silver-tone bead bracelet that I made myself. They are all pieces that have meaning for me, but I don't stress over possibly losing them, since most are fairly easy to replace. If my spider gets lost, I can find a replacement at my local Wal-Mart for about 75$, which is where I got it to begin with. My turtle is even easier to replace, assuming I can go to Scarborough Faire the next time it's open. 15$, and I've got a new one of any type of stone I want. If anything happens to the tiger-eye turtle I have now, my next one will be jadite. (Cause it's GREEN, LOL!!)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:21 AM   #47
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
For some reason, the right hole has always tried to heal over really quickly and I've always had a problem getting the earring in that side. I've had to tear a new hole out the back of my lobe almost every time since I first got it done. That's another reason I don't wear them as much. I got my left ear pierced when I was 10 and it never gave me a problem. I got the second left one and the right one on the same day when I was 17, and the left one is fine but the right one always tried to close, I'unno.
Dude - ARGH.

Would you be able to get away with wearing clear jewelry at work?

Just a clear labret retainer or a silicone earskin could do the trick; that way it'd keep your piercing open while keeping the boss happy (theoretically) and you wouldn't have to tear up your ear every time you wanted to wear proper earrings again...

They only cost a couple of bucks; I'm not sure what size you are but you can check against this size chart - 16g or 14g are what standard lobe piercings are commonly done at.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:35 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Watch. Necklace. Bracelet. 1 earring. Since forever.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:42 PM   #49
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I pretty much gave up on earrings long ago. I can still get them in just fine (just went and tried after some years of wearing none and no problem), but the posts/back jabbing me in the head behind the ear at night as a side sleeper and the fact that I had a habit of taking them out in my sleep and losing them in my bed... it just became too much hassle.

At least I can still wear some on rare special occasions.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:06 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think I'm someone who can pull off an earring. When men wear jewelery you need a certain "look" to pull it off. If I got an earring I would probably look like a, "Gay Lord" for sure.
Old 04-06-2022, 12:52 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Does anyone use a smart watch?
Old 04-06-2022, 01:03 PM   #52
AquaParade
Banned

I have two hoop earrings. Sometimes I wear a bracelet, but often times it's not worth the hassle.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #53
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They look cool but no, I don't. I just check the time on my phone.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:05 PM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
They look cool but no, I don't. I just check the time on my phone.
Well, the reason I was asking was because of all of the other now-commonplace features in these new smart watches. They monitor your sleep, you can access Amazon Alexa, so on and so forth.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:14 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

I have zero interest in wearing anything. I don't even like putting my phone, keys and my job ID in my pocket. I hate carrying things on me. I can't imagine putting on a necklace, ring, or earing on every day, and remembering to take it off before going to bed or going in the shower.

Hell even just take my belt off my pants is about as far as I'm willing to go.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:26 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I have zero interest in wearing anything. I don't even like putting my phone, keys and my job ID in my pocket. I hate carrying things on me. I can't imagine putting on a necklace, ring, or earring on every day, and remembering to take it off before going to bed or going in the shower.

Hell even just take my belt off my pants is about as far as I'm willing to go.
You must be so much fun at parties.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 04-06-2022 at 08:15 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:17 PM   #57
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I used to wear a watch, but since the last one died I never replaced it. I also in high school wore a hand made bracelet made of the springs of clothes pins linked together like a band member from a band I saw at church camp wore but I lost it years ago.

Today the only piece of jewelry I wear is my wedding ring. I also shower with it on. Never really take it off.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:56 PM   #58
newfan
Mad Scientist

Sometimes, I just don't always think to wear it. I rarely wear earrings but once in a while I do. Rings are an occasional too, I tend to fiddle with them when I wear them.
Proabably wear a necklace most often, currently I have needed a watch where I am unnable to check my phone for the time too.

Last edited by newfan; 04-07-2022 at 01:05 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:31 AM   #59
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Odd that this thread popped up again, as I JUST lost my goddess rose that I've been wearing for over three years. I took it off at work to soak in a ketchup "bath" (it's copper and the ketchup will get rid of the oxidation) and I left it by accident when I got off. Called to see if someone would put it in the office when I realized it was still there, but came in today, and no dice. Evidently they didn't move it, so it's probably in the dumpster by now. I feel naked without it ....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #60
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, I actually get a lot of use out of my apple watch. Tracks my exercise, lets me see notifications when I'm at work and not on my phone, I can control Spotify with it. It's super useful

As far as jewelry I wear a lot. I have 5 ear piercings, I have a gold chain, and I usually wear a ring or two. Sometimes a bracelet
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote