The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Avengers 4

There is no thread for the 4th Avengers movie, which is currently filming, so I thought I make an official one here, eventually we will learn the actual title of it, If you guys find any news regarding Avengers 4, set photos, videos from the filming, please post them here.

Since Disney is on the verge of acquiring 21st Century Fox, and owning the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Deadpool franchises, there's a rumor going around, that Hugh Jackman might play Wolverine for one last time in Avengers 4, my theory is, he will show up in a post credit scene, so take this with a grain of salt.
https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/hugh-...ine-avengers-4
Old 12-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
There is no thread for the 4th Avengers movie, which is currently filming, so I thought I make an official one here, eventually we will learn the actual title of it, If you guys find any news regarding Avengers 4, set photos, videos from the filming, please post them here.

Since Disney is on the verge of acquiring 21st Century Fox, and owning the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Deadpool franchises, there's a rumor going around, that Hugh Jackman might play Wolverine for one last time in Avengers 4, my theory is, he will show up in a post credit scene, so take this with a grain of salt.
https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/hugh-...ine-avengers-4
Zero chance of Jackman or any of the cast of the Fox movies showing up.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Zero chance of Jackman or any of the cast of the Fox movies showing up.
I can see the potential for Hugh Jackman to show up in a post credit scene, Avengers 4 is currently filming, so a lot can change, there is also a rumor that the Baxter Building from Fantastic Four, and the X-Mansion from X-Men will make an appearance in it also.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I can see the potential for Hugh Jackman to show up in a post credit scene, Avengers 4 is currently filming, so a lot can change, there is also a rumor that the Baxter Building from Fantastic Four, and the X-Mansion from X-Men will make an appearance in it also.
Calling bulls** on those FAKE rumors. 0 chance of Jackman or any of that. They want Fox-Men actors and that continuity like they had even the slightest inclination to use Andrew Garfield. In other words... they don't.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Seriously these rumors are complete BS and that article is the epitome of clickbait. Use some common sense.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Seriously these rumors are complete BS and that article is the epitome of clickbait. Use some common sense.
I don't know, cause the source came from Ain't It Cool News.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/79072
Old 12-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #7
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Calling bulls** on those FAKE rumors. 0 chance of Jackman or any of that. They want Fox-Men actors and that continuity like they had even the slightest inclination to use Andrew Garfield. In other words... they don't.
Sony chose not to bring Andrew Garfield back, not Marvel. Sony was already rebooting Spider-man when Marvel came along. Come on man get ur facts right joking of course
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #8
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
I don't know, cause the source came from Ain't It Cool News.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/79072
Haha. 1) A report on AICN means nothing these days. Is Harry still pretending to be his sister to write for the site after the sexual allegations against him?

2) That article doesn't even say that's the plan. Just that they could do that if they wanted to.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looks like Avengers 4 will end filming early 2019, that's plenty of time to incorporate anything Fantastic Four, and X-Men related into it.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...ebastian-stan/
Old 12-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Looks like Avengers 4 will end filming early 2019, that's plenty of time to incorporate anything Fantastic Four, and X-Men related into it.
Jesus, their principal photography for Avengers 4 is a year and a quarter?? It's been filming for months already.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:57 AM   #11
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I guess it depends on how many locations, how many characters, how many scenes, and how many filming units there are.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:53 AM   #12
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I guess it depends on how many locations, how many characters, how many scenes, and how many filming units there are.
It gives them plenty of time to update on the script, to add the X-Men and Fantastic Four into it.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #13
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Stop.

Quote:
Jesus, their principal photography for Avengers 4 is a year and a quarter?? It's been filming for months already
The clickbait article is wrong. It ends next month, Jan 2018, not in 2019.

Last edited by NinjaPug; 12-10-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:07 AM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Stop.
No I will not stop, I really believe it's going to happen, whether you like it or not.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #15
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
It gives them plenty of time to update on the script, to add the X-Men and Fantastic Four into it.
It really doesn't. Beyond throwing in a few subtle references to people or places, that's far too little time to do anything good with. The thing with Sony and Spider-Man was a one-time deal; they're not going to always be able to throw in newly acquired characters at the drop of a hat, and I wouldn't want them to. Rushing the job is not in their best interest.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #16
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

There is more of a chance that Disney cancels the release of the Dark Phoenix movie entirely (assuming the deal gets closed in time) than there is that the X-Men show up in Avengers 4.

Filming for A4 ends in a month. Plus they aren't going make big changes for what is the culmination of 20 movies.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
There is more of a chance that Disney cancels the release of the Dark Phoenix movie entirely (assuming the deal gets closed in time) than there is that the X-Men show up in Avengers 4.

Filming for A4 ends in a month. Plus they aren't going make big changes for what is the culmination of 20 movies.
I doubt that, those movies will still be released, but anything after Deadpool 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix and New Mutants will probably be under Disney, they are supposed to make a Gambit movie as well, but with Disney, maybe they can try to incorporate Gambit into the MCU?
Old 12-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
I doubt that, those movies will still be released, but anything after Deadpool 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix and New Mutants will probably be under Disney, they are supposed to make a Gambit movie as well, but with Disney, maybe they can try to incorporate Gambit into the MCU?
I only said Dark Phoenix and only if the deal closes in time. Why exactly do you doubt that?

There is an article in the Wall Street Journal this morning that said Disney is planning to scale back the Fox movie studio considerably (this is why I don't want the deal to go through at all). It also pointed out that there are two franchises Disney is excited about - Avatar and X-Men. If they have big plans for X-Men then they are going to wipe the slate clean asap. It's easier to reboot a franchise if the last movie people saw was in 2016 and not late 2018.

If you're buying Fox for $65-$70 billion getting a return of maybe $100 million (generous estimate) from releasing Dark Phoenix in theaters means nothing. I'm sure their analysts believe it would be more financially beneficial in the long run to cut their ties now and reboot. They may think rebooting immediately after Dark Phoenix could be detrimental to the future success of their incarnation of the X-Men.

Again, I'm only saying I think it's more likely that Dark Phoenix isn't released in theaters than it is that the X-Men pop up in Avengers 4.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #19
sdp
-

How far along is Dark Phoenix? I would think that movie would still come out as it's meant to, remember that deals are made with many companies years in advance when it comes to different distribution rights, you can't just come in and change everything.

Disney will definitely reboot X-Men, that continuity is too convoluted and not their vision not to mention the most important part, they don't own it. The fact that the continuity has been going on for so long and done pretty much most things you could ask of it people wouldn't even complain that these would be rebooted.

Them adding something at the last minute in reference to the X-Men franchise? Non-Wolverine Jackman cameo? I can totally see something like that. Mostly harmless fun.

This deal happening is horrible for movie fans, internet nerds really need to take an Economics 101 class to understand what's going to happen with less competition.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #20
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How far along is Dark Phoenix? I would think that movie would still come out as it's meant to, remember that deals are made with many companies years in advance when it comes to different distribution rights, you can't just come in and change everything.

Disney will definitely reboot X-Men, that continuity is too convoluted and not their vision not to mention the most important part, they don't own it. The fact that the continuity has been going on for so long and done pretty much most things you could ask of it people wouldn't even complain that these would be rebooted.

Them adding something at the last minute in reference to the X-Men franchise? Non-Wolverine Jackman cameo? I can totally see something like that. Mostly harmless fun.

This deal happening is horrible for movie fans, internet nerds really need to take an Economics 101 class to understand what's going to happen with less competition.
With Phase 4 of the MCU being Cosmic, they can do some of the Cosmic X-Men stuff, like the Starjammers, I could totally see the Guardians clashing with the Starjammers.

Tags
avengers cuckgame, captain marvel saves day