The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'd consider the IDW case as "questionable". He's important to the overall narrative as his actions have serious consequences and appears a lot in the first 20 issues. However after those first 20 he doesn't really show up that much. He has a meeting with Shredder to foreshadow the Technodrome arc, once that 4 issue arc is up he's thrown in prison. Then (aside from a flashback) it takes another 25 issues or so for him to appear and he pretty much only does so to... Well, see for yourself:

The only "appearence" so far after that is clearly an hallucination.
As a secondary "arch villain"...I don't know, the extra-dimensional/extra-terrestrial warlord with technology the likes beyond which the Earth has ever seen, with an empire spread across multiple galaxies probably is probably going to be a bigger priority over a gang leader with his head stuck in the 16th century, as Don kept saying.

Now, I could see him being Donatello's greatest enemy if they would interact a lot more. That would have been awesome in IDW, for all the time Don put in trying to stop more, I don't even think they've exchanged a word with each other. Just sorta stood in the same room twice, maybe. But for the turtles as a collective, not really.

He just hasn't been in enough material to break that ground. He didn't do enough in OT to make a big break in the turtles impression on him as a threat (so low impact, they called it "Shredder's Technodrome"), and was pushed out of the way pretty quickly in IDW (probably opening space for the bigger threat that is Ch'rell to be angry in)

(I had entire thing written down...and then I realized I misunderstood the statement...I thought it was questionable villainy...)

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-01-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:22 PM   #22
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
As a secondary "arch villain"...I don't know, the extra-dimensional/extra-terrestrial warlord with technology the likes beyond which the Earth has ever seen, with an empire spread across multiple galaxies probably is probably going to be a bigger priority over a gang leader with his head stuck in the 16th century, as Don kept saying.

Now, I could see him being Donatello's greatest enemy if they would interact a lot more. That would have been awesome in IDW, for all the time Don put in trying to stop more, I don't even think they've exchanged a word with each other. Just sorta stood in the same room twice, maybe. But for the turtles as a collective, not really.

He just hasn't been in enough material to break that ground.

(I had entire thing written down...and then I realized I misunderstood the statement...I thought it was questionable villainy...)
Yeah I agree maybe in later versions he would share a special rivalry with Donatello
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:06 PM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Overall? No. If he exist then yes! He is the co-#1 villain in vain of Spidey's trinity of darkness.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #24
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'd say that in FW, IDW, and Nick, at least, then yes. (I am counting Krang Sub-Prime here, since he technically WAS "Krang" and all the rest were hive-mind minions). That said, I think he had a bigger impact than we think, even elsewhere. He is the final boss in the original TMNT Arcade game, not to mention the one behind the threat in Manhattan Project. He was still Shredder's co-villain/partner in Archie, even if he had less impact there. PD, he was.... Well, we won't talk about those. Even in 2k3, he (or Ch'rell in his role) was still one of the biggest threats. (I love how they lampshaded Krang by including him among the Utroms as they left Earth via the trans-mat portal). So, yes, certainly. He didn't even exist yet in Mirage(and still doesn't), before the FW introduced him as a character, so I don't think that actually evencounts as a source.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:53 AM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

In the Original Cartoon, I felt that Krang was even bigger bad than Shredder, who was a bigger bad than Bebop and Rocksteady.

Krang was usually the one giving orders, law less of the action personally, was usually much more competent than Shredder, and had all that technology at his disposal.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #26
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
In the Original Cartoon, I felt that Krang was even bigger bad than Shredder, who was a bigger bad than Bebop and Rocksteady.
One thing that would be interesting is if Krang programmed his android robot with Shredder's ninjutsu and Japanese martial arts skills (by zapping Shredder with a ray, copying Shredder's mind and programme the copyfile into Krang's robot). Then the turtles would be in serious trouble...
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:18 PM   #27
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
But in the season 2 or 3 episode where Donatello is able to turn Splinter(it only lasts for like an afternoon) human again Splinter ends up giving up on the idea of becoming a human again because he found humans were assholes. SO he ends up happily living as a mutated rat for the rest of his life.
In Splinter No More they pretty much wrapped up that storyline. Not sure if it was a good idea to do it that soon but it worked out okay I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Krang was usually the one giving orders, law less of the action personally, was usually much more competent than Shredder, and had all that technology at his disposal.
Exactly! Not all the time but sometimes Krang showed he had the upper hand.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:38 PM   #28
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Well they aren't superheroes
The turtles aren't superhumans, as they have no superhuman abilities compared to humans on Earth.

But they are superturtles. How many other turtles on Earth can walk on two legs, talk, think, fight bad guys?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
krang, shredder, tmnt