The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #501
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Geez I hope not because that would be an issue. I know the first movie moved at a pace where there really wasn't time for character interaction aND it didn't seem to be much of a priority on the characters relationship's anyway. If there's way more screen time for the turtles in this and you still don't get a sense of a strong brotherly bond that's a problem. The family connection is supposed to be turtles greatest strength after all
Wait you haven't seen the movie yet?

Spoiler:
They did bonded at the end. When Mikey was caught by the Krang being squeezed to death, all of them charged for him. Raph and Leo attacked first and I love that Donnie delivered the final blow.

"Allow me to be the badass"

But yeah I still feel Bebop and Rocksteady has better relationship bond than the turtles. They both share dreams, discuss casually, there's not much or no conflict at all between the two. They understand each other totally.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:56 AM   #502
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Geez I hope not because that would be an issue. I know the first movie moved at a pace where there really wasn't time for character interaction aND it didn't seem to be much of a priority on the characters relationship's anyway. If there's way more screen time for the turtles in this and you still don't get a sense of a strong brotherly bond that's a problem. The family connection is supposed to be turtles greatest strength after all
It's more that they do have different personalities and they haven't developed that well oiled teamwork yet. They're still getting that part fixed.

It's more "brothers will fight, that's what brothers do" than not having a family bond.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #503
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Wait you haven't seen the movie yet?

Spoiler:
They did bonded at the end. When Mikey was caught by the Krang being squeezed to death, all of them charged for him. Raph and Leo attacked first and I love that Donnie delivered the final blow.

"Allow me to be the badass"

But yeah I still feel Bebop and Rocksteady has better relationship bond than the turtles. They both share dreams, discuss casually, there's not much or no conflict at all between the two. They understand each other totally.
Haha, well there's like 1 brain between the 2 of them lol
Old 06-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #504
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Stuckman's review

I agree here about the exposition and Armelle, oh and less emphasis on the "Ninja" part.

Still loved it.

He doesn't bring up Rocksteady and Bebop at all though, and they're the scene-stealers.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #505
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Haha, well there's like 1 brain between the 2 of them lol
Half a brain for each of them then haha I love these 2 lovable dorks.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #506
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Spoiler:
I like how Casey said Shredder was "one mean son of a b!tch."
Old 06-03-2016, 09:07 AM   #507
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post

It's more "brothers will fight, that's what brothers do" than not having a family bond.
Yeah, I mean Leo, Raph, Donnie and Mikey aren't perfect, and they shouldn't be. It's like Splinter's "strengths and weaknesses" speech from TMNT.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #508
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Well, I really haven't been out to "knock" anyone for liking the movie. I've just expressed my preferences and disappointment that the property's not living up to its potential. And yes, some frustration that having higher standards is so controversial with some folks. Ah well.

But y'know what? For you, I'll make an exception. Enjoy your farts and dick jokes! BayTurtles 3: Bebop Gets Diarrhea should be out in 22 months, so get that hype train rolling!! If anyone needs me, I'll be over here in my diaper, watching good movies.
There are few things in this world worse than someone who is snobby about what things people should laugh at. You must be the absolute worst person to hang out with. I'm sure you have friends, but they probably all talk behind your back at how snobby you are. There was ONE fart joke. ONE. And it made the kids in the theater laugh. It made ME laugh. It was a well placed fart joke. I mean you are acting like the fart joke was a rape joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Even I know that's not true. Were there not a couple of scenes where Bebop and Rocksteady look down their pants to ogle their own mutated members? They've been mentioned more than once.
No, there were not "a couple scenes" there was ONE 1 second scene where they checked down their pants after being mutated. Stop acting like this was Bebop and Rocksteady mocking the holocaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yeah but some close friends don't mind that at all. This is evident with some brodudes, they do that in the locker room. And Bebop and Rocksteady are definitely brodudes, they're tight together - even more so than the turtle brothers imo.

Huh, the enemy has stronger relationship bond, eventhough they are not blood related. Go figure.
I'm very close with my friends but talking about each other's junk has NEVER happened. BUT there are a lot of friends who do that...I'll never understand it, but it's definitely a thing. So even though it's strange to me, I know it's something that isn't strange to a lot of guys and their friends.

And regarding Bebop and Rocksteady being "closer" than the brothers...do any of you have siblings?! I CONSTANTLY tease and fight w/ my sister. A lot less now that we're both adults, but when I was 15 and she was 13 we were nearly at a hatred for each other. So to me, it hits home when I see them infighting and jealous of each other. I always thought I knew more than my sister so I would boss her around, and if she didn't do something my way I got angry with her. If there's ONE thing this movie nailed is the sibling dynamic. And then when it comes to friends. I am MUCH less combative with friends. For every 1 argument I've been in with a friend I've been in 50 more with my sister.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #509
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Leo did that a lot in the earlier seasons of the 2k12 series as well. See "Panic in the Sewers" and "Mousers Attack!".
Don't forget "Follow the Leader" from Season 2
Old 06-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #510
letscook89
Foot Soldier

[QUOTE=ZariusTwo;1586567]Stuckman's review

This guy should really brush his teeth instead of saying sh!t like that.
He doesn't even mention Bebop and Rocksteady at all.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #511
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
If anyone needs me, I'll be over here in my diaper, watching good movies.
That's fine with us little Brybaby, this is a good movie.

Funny how you say you're not out to "knock" anyone, and then give us a condescending comment doing exactly like that.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #512
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
There are few things in this world worse than someone who is snobby about what things people should laugh at. You must be the absolute worst person to hang out with. I'm sure you have friends, but they probably all talk behind your back at how snobby you are.
Holy God, amazing.

You're the one having a complete meltdown because someone on the Internet doesn't like a crummy movie, so let's keep those stones far away from your glass house, huh?

Then maybe go outside and get some air, kiddo.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #513
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
That's fine with us little Brybaby, this is a good movie.

Funny how you say you're not out to "knock" anyone, and then give us a condescending comment doing exactly like that.
I mean, it isn't. I'm glad you like it, though.

And I very clearly spelled out that I was meeting Puke at his level because he got aggressive. Since you're doing it too I'll add you to the list. Sorry your movie sucks.

Stay salty.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #514
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Wow guys...and on this the day of release. Busy at my 9 to 5 so it's locked until I or another mod have time to clean up.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Closed Thread

Tags
freakingcreepycutekraang, koolaidcult, movie, out of the shadows, review, tmnt, tmnt2