The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 PM   #201
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
That's kinda cold. I can imagine poor Donnie saying 'I'M A BOY!!! AND I AM CLOSE TO HER AGE!!!'
I just thought about that now that was cold.

but I'm sure Ciro meant human boy

but....if Don and April aren't going anywhere..I want this crush thing to end this season....
so then when Casey comes there won't be unnecessary tension...
Old 07-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #202
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post

but....if Don and April aren't going anywhere..I want this crush thing to end this season....
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #203
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Back to the original topic, I totally forgot about this OT episode! In this scene all the turtles and even Splinter are crushing (or lusting..?) on her, lol!

or try here:

http://youtu.be/FThulrPqk5g

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #204
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
Back to the original topic, I totally forgot about this OT episode! In this scene all the turtles and even Splinter are crushing (or lusting..?) on her, lol!

or try here:

http://youtu.be/FThulrPqk5g
Good fine.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #205
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post

Part of me wishes it would go somewhere, and part of me doesn't. I just feel it's a real shame to waste so much focus on it in the first season, for it to just vanish in the second. Kinda hoping Casey DOESN'T fall for April and vice-versa, but seeing him rescue her in the trailer kinda indicates it might happen. I just see April as not into that kind of violent maniac... and Casey being too much into 'kicking ass' and thinking 'girls are lame' to be thinking about girls that way.

It would be kinda funny if there was some mutant girl that thought Don was cute and she was jealous. Like... I don't know. Some kind of thing where 'she'd never go out with him cause he's a mutant turtle, but she doesn't want some other mutant flirting with him' kinda thing. But I'm also confused on the issue of probably not wanting to see them as a couple since there's never been a past incarnation of Don and April as a couple. April was always older sister and I guess a crush for all four of them, but she never was actually going out with any of them. Perhaps it wouldn't be such an issue if April was already Don's official girlfriend in Mirage or the 80's cartoon or something. But since it's never been done before, doing it now would be kinda jarring. Like Leo and Karai actually making out or something. In the 4Kids show they just had some sort of mutual respect but it never went that far, and don't even mention Mirage, so seeing them get that far in the Nicktoon would also be weird.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #206
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Part of me wishes it would go somewhere, and part of me doesn't. I just feel it's a real shame to waste so much focus on it in the first season, for it to just vanish in the second. Kinda hoping Casey DOESN'T fall for April and vice-versa, but seeing him rescue her in the trailer kinda indicates it might happen. I just see April as not into that kind of violent maniac... and Casey being too much into 'kicking ass' and thinking 'girls are lame' to be thinking about girls that way.

It would be kinda funny if there was some mutant girl that thought Don was cute and she was jealous. Like... I don't know. Some kind of thing where 'she'd never go out with him cause he's a mutant turtle, but she doesn't want some other mutant flirting with him' kinda thing. But I'm also confused on the issue of probably not wanting to see them as a couple since there's never been a past incarnation of Don and April as a couple. April was always older sister and I guess a crush for all four of them, but she never was actually going out with any of them. Perhaps it wouldn't be such an issue if April was already Don's official girlfriend in Mirage or the 80's cartoon or something. But since it's never been done before, doing it now would be kinda jarring. Like Leo and Karai actually making out or something. In the 4Kids show they just had some sort of mutual respect but it never went that far, and don't even mention Mirage, so seeing them get that far in the Nicktoon would also be weird.
maybe thats part of my problem...I see April as a big sister for the turtles not a potential love interest.

I'm usually the type of person that doesn't mind new things in shows....but April and Donnie...just never sat well with me...
Old 08-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #207
Raphaeline
Foot Soldier

In the comics or the 2k3 series we could see April showing the turtles her new haircut or new Halloween costume, and they say she's beautiful, but that's all. (I mean, they didn't act like on that video of the 87 series )

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, nick