The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 03-02-2021, 01:16 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Six Dr. Seuss Books To Be Banned

The titles are:

"And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street"

"If I Ran the Zoo"

"McElligot's Pool"

"On Beyond Zebra!"

"Scrambled Eggs Super!"

"The Cat's Quizzer"

For offensive and racist content.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/02/u...&utm_term=link
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:19 PM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

From my understanding this was a decision from Dr. Seuss' own family, but a lot of people seem to be pinning this on the president.

I'm starting to get the feeling that like Trump, where 'everything was Trump's fault', the anti-woke crowd is gonna start to point the finger at Biden any time some new woke thing comes out.

People just can't see above black and white anymore. The president, whoever if may be, is not behind everything.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:32 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Wait, what?

I've never heard of any of these... except the Mulberry Street one, I think.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I've seen people point to specific instances in Mulberry Street and If I Ran The Zoo, but the other 4 I'm at a loss to find any reason why. Some people attribute them to being low selling Seuss books.
Quote:
The study also argues that since the majority of human characters in Dr. Seuss' books are White, his works -- inadvertently or not -- center Whiteness and thus perpetuate White supremacy.
Really? For the love of....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:59 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

This article had a lot of the pictures in question. Helpful to let people determine whether or not anything is portrayed offensively.

https://library.nashville.org/blog/2...ions-seussland
Old 03-02-2021, 03:53 PM   #6
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

*facepalm*..... Woke liberals are a damn disease to the nation. They want to erase everything that for the time was o.k, instead of using these moments they just want to cancel it and bitch at anyone who dares own anything of those time periods.

This is why half the country is over it. Slowly they are ruining everything so that they can have their safe space and bitch to others of what they expect out of them.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:03 PM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I always thought Mulberry Street sounded like a wild place to visit, maybe even cool enough to live there!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:21 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only ever heard of the first two. Not sure we ever had them... maybe the zoo one, but not sure. edit: Looked up images, pretty sure we do have the zoo one sitting around somewhere.

On the up side, I guess if anyone has mint copies of them, esp those lesser known titles, their selling price might go up.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:53 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Only ever heard of the first two. Not sure we ever had them... maybe the zoo one, but not sure. edit: Looked up images, pretty sure we do have the zoo one sitting around somewhere.

On the up side, I guess if anyone has mint copies of them, esp those lesser known titles, their selling price might go up.
So you're saying we could retire off the profits from selling racist collectors' items?

What a way to bankroll my condo in Miami...
Old 03-02-2021, 05:21 PM   #10
IMJ
Emperor

Keep it coming, keep it coming. Let's f'n burn it ALL down! That way the people who are pushing these cancellations and agendas will then continue to turn on themselves until they are hopefully all dead or locked away somewhere.

Anyone seen Cuomo lately? Where you you piece of dirt $#!( bag?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:43 PM   #11
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
The study also argues that since the majority of human characters in Dr. Seuss' books are White, his works -- inadvertently or not -- center Whiteness and thus perpetuate White supremacy.
By this logic any work that features characters of only one X race perpetuate X race supremacy.

So, you have movie with only Chinese characters? It perpetuates Chinese supremacy.
You have work with Indian characters only? It perpetuate Indian supremacy!
And so on.

Also, what retards who wrote this phrase expect? To ban every single work that contains only white characters? What to do with works outside of US, with works which were created before African slavery was a thing?

This retards are doing everything possible to summon real (not those shaman clowns) white-supremacist on their asses and they will achieve their goal sooner than later. And I can't say I will cry for them. When they perpetuate hate, they will get only hate in return.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:18 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So you're saying we could retire off the profits from selling racist collectors' items?

What a way to bankroll my condo in Miami...
I mean, I doubt anyone will be getting rich, but the going price on eBay is bound to increase eventually? Bound to be people who want them based on being banned/retired alone.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:19 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

They should ban The Grinch because he's offensive to green people.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:20 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The biggest outrage about this, to me, is that there isn't more outrage. People are just kind of slumping their shoulders going, "OK. Burn the books. Fine."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:30 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well I haven't heard of any burning, and children's books that are purely for entertainment aren't exactly a great loss to the world if they go out of print (which is basically what this "banning" comes down to since most copies still out there will continue to exist), and the majority are lesser known titles... so I guess that's why adults aren't all that outraged.

Now... if they were banning my One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, the first book I recall being able to read by myself... that might be a bit more personal. lol

Also, when I went to edit, why did I get hit with odd screen with a spinning... uh, vaguely pinwheel shape?... that was supposedly a captcha thing, but did nothing before finally reloading the page.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:35 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Some of those images are kinda 'yikes', though it did make me think. Did other countries ever draw American characters as weird gross stereotypes or whatever?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-02-2021, 08:41 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Some of those images are kinda 'yikes', though it did make me think. Did other countries ever draw American characters as weird gross stereotypes or whatever?
Just draw us all really fat
Old 03-02-2021, 08:42 PM   #18
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Did other countries ever draw American characters as weird gross stereotypes or whatever?
Not exactly considered children's entertainment by Western standards, but American soldiers are routinely portrayed as cold and heartless monsters by North Korean propaganda.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:57 PM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I mean .... sadly, we kinda are.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:00 PM   #20
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
*facepalm*..... Woke liberals are a damn disease to the nation. They want to erase everything that for the time was o.k, instead of using these moments they just want to cancel it and bitch at anyone who dares own anything of those time periods.

This is why half the country is over it. Slowly they are ruining everything so that they can have their safe space and bitch to others of what they expect out of them.
^^^this all day.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote