The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-21-2023, 12:54 PM   #9641
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Disgusting.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:33 PM   #9642
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My part of our road and the adjoining road in my neighborhood must be the red headed stepchild or something...

Some weeks ago a road crew showed up and started tearing up the gutters down at the other end. We thought we are going to get new put in after all these years. Family member talked to a guy and they were not going to go past the intersection. All of us beyond an angled dip that crosses the road (for rain water), this remaining short stretch of road... nope, no new gutters for us.

By the time they were done that and left... turns out they didn't redo it all for most of the road, they just replaced scattered sections of it, and filled in the road where they had torn it up in the process. (Like that wouldn't crumble eventually? And many spots are at the end of driveways.) Thought they were going to redo the road, but didn't. Looks terrible so then figured maybe it's better we didn't get that on our end.

Fast forward to this morning and there's a guy with a stop/slow sign out in front of our property. Toward the other end... must have been 5 dump trucks and the "long necked" thing (I've dubbed it the giraffe) that tears up blacktops and pitches it into a dump truck. Uh oh.

Came home... and the blacktop has all been ripped up. So we ARE getting new pavement after all.

Our end? Ahahaha... still no. According to one of the crew guys, supposedly it's whatever money the state puts into doing whatever work these guys are contracted to do. So, wtf state?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:43 PM   #9643
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

THIS:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...Cznfi1lcQtAAAA

Look, who cares if they’re “deadnaming” the shooter? The lunatic killed children.

“Buh Buh society is to blame-“

SHUT. UP.

These cultists make me sick.

Pray for the victims’ families.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 03-27-2023 at 11:53 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 05:12 PM   #9644
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The 75% of our road that was getting redone was finally paved today. Lucky for them my work time is flexible and my supervisor granted permission to hit the usual Tues. stops another day if need be... It's bad enough that our last bit of our road isn't also being done for some reason and we get to keep the worn out pavement on our end, but we were also blocked frequently throughout the day and because the fresh asphalt stops JUST to the right of our driveway, making it probably impossible to back out without ending up backing up into it, I wasn't able get out until after 4pm when they finally finished and left and knew it was probably safe.

Before then they'd even dumped a pile of the stuff right in front of our driveway so a little backhoe could put it back into a dump truck...and right there. Good timing for when my sister needed to leave to go get her kid from the school bus, which can't possibly drop a 1st grader off at his own street.

Had been suggested to me to park in the yard, but figured if I can't get out of the driveway the yard prob won't be any better. Yup... dump trucks, etc all on our end and some of the guys from the company just parked personal cars in front of our house anyhow and still would have blocked me.

They could at least have paved our part too, instead of now just leaving it filthy looking. Pretty sure everyone on this end also pays taxes for this stuff.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:58 AM   #9645
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
THIS:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...Cznfi1lcQtAAAA

Look, who cares if they’re “deadnaming” the shooter? The lunatic killed children.

“Buh Buh society is to blame-“

SHUT. UP.

These cultists make me sick.

Pray for the victims’ families.
Let’s call it what it is: A degenerate monster. This was a hate crime and the killer targeted it’s victims, specifically the pastor’s daughter.

It appears they’ve been planning a “transgender day of vengeance” on April 1st. Alot of celebrities such as Jane Fonda have also been advocating for transgenders to “take up arms”, “trans rights or else”. And now look what’s happened.

Mr. Andy Ngo has also been exposing the extremists promoting “trans terror” and it’s interesting how most of Antifa members look like transgenders or queers. We’re seeing more transgenders and activists storming capitols demanding “gender affirming care”.

It seems like LGB want nothing to do with TQ+ anymore. I don’t think it’s fair to lump LGB in with the mentally ill.

There’s been a rise in terror from this group:
- Colorado Springs shooter identified as “non-binary”
- Denver shooter identified as “trans”
- Aberdeen shooter identified as “trans”
- Nashville shooter identified as “trans”

And our current administration is placing these TQ+ individuals into high ranking government offices.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 01:17 PM   #9646
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
It seems like LGB want nothing to do with TQ+ anymore.
What's their problem with the Q? Beyond it being completely meaningless because it means nothing?
Old 03-30-2023, 01:27 PM   #9647
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What's their problem with the Q? Beyond it being completely meaningless because it means nothing?
Not sure, but I know “LGB without the T” has been trending on twitter for a while now. I’m guessing that means they don’t wanna be associated with anything T+.

What is “queer” anyway? I used to think it was a gay slur, but now it seems more like a “non-binary, gender fluid” identity? Idk. Alot of those Antifas with rainbow hair and piercings seem to fit the category. Pretty extreme compared to the traditional “LGB” so I could see why they wouldn’t wanna be associated with that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 01:32 PM   #9648
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
What is “queer” anyway? I used to think it was a gay slur, but now it seems more like a “non-binary, gender fluid” identity? Idk.
In the 80s and 90s, calling someone a "queer" would be the exact same thing as calling them gay. Nowadays, as best as I can figure, saying "I'm queer" just means you're straight but not really comfortable saying or associating with the word "straight" or the "straight community." So it's kind of like, "off-straight." It's a little bit like when someone calls themself a "CIS male" or "CIS female" instead of just "straight male" or "straight female."

It's all about that pesky "straight" word.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-30-2023 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:36 PM   #9649
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It doesn't still mean gay? Never really gave it any thought that the Q seems redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
when someone calls themself a "CIS male" or "CIS female" instead of "straight male" or "straight female."
Far as I understood it's supposed to be people who aren't trans, no matter if they're straight or gay, so not really interchangeable with straight?

Missing my last drivers license photo. Wasn't superb or anything, but was prob the best one I'd had. As of today... back to a new worse one again for another 8 years.

At least I passed the eye test part, albeit it straining with this too-weak prescription and my eye appointment not until July.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-30-2023 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:39 PM   #9650
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
It doesn't still mean gay?
Nope. Gay is gay, queer is now "I'm a LGBTQ ally and I want you to know it" and that's about it. It's mostly useful for straight white people in Hollywood who want to insulate themselves from the mob by joining it, but not really joining it.
Old 04-15-2023, 01:38 PM   #9651
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Car insurance costs and the hike in the bill most are probably seeing this year. And it's not like it's a temporary increase, they'd never actually lower that crap back down.

Irks me particularly because in Nov 2020 I did the online defensive driving thing for a discount. It kicked in the next renewal in Feb 2021. Supposed to last 3 years and only been a little over 2. Only a year after it the cost increase to $5 MORE than what I'd paid prior to the discount. This year now I'm like $20 more than the cost before the discount. WTF gives.

And the "reasons" are what, all these reasons related to other people and outside forces that decent drivers have nothing to do with yet are punished for. (Can ya tell that it's payment day... Bastard thing is even going up another buck next month.)

4/17 -- Ignorant religious nuts who try to preach at people in stores. Before he had his go at me I'd overheard him saying to someone else something to the effect of "Now when Pope Francis dies, that demon spirit...entity..." Looked at him and just kept moving like NOPE. lol What strange conversation to force on someone in a store.

I didn't get the demon spiel a bit later, just obsessively and aggressively informed how he tells people to something or another with Jesus, etc.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-17-2023 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:18 AM   #9652
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Men who turn out to be garbage …
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 06:16 PM   #9653
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Tailgaters just need to die. Never until today did I ever feel forced to run a red light for my own safety and that of my vehicle. (And the need to not interrupt my day and the work I need to get done!) Luckily it is only a very small fork in the road with a wide gap between lights, rather than a traditional intersection, and my direction does not actually cross traffic and can go on red if no one is coming, but the light was changing and I'd normally ALWAYS pause and check that no one is coming, but holy hell this person. Riding my ass, I went to slow down take a glance for any oncoming cars, but saw in my mirror that that this person was not slowing. Kept moving to avoid them hitting me and end up just gong through the red without pausing. (And luckily the gap between lights means traffic won't be on top of you that quickly.) Asshole didn't even pause to look either, just kept right on my ass through the red too, so I'm certain they'd have hit me. That person can just go screw off and die, I swear.

I've had four people bump me over the years, but none just on my bumper and like that, mostly just dumbasses that only lightly bumped me at a light or yield. This idiot ends up behind me again though, they won't be the first with a pockmark in the front of their car in the shape of my hitch. I've never even used that hitch for anything other than giving these few people a reminder to walk away with. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-15-2023 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:06 PM   #9654
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

^ Some years ago, I saw the ideal bumper sticker for that sort of nuisance behavior / bad habit. It read "I'm not in heat. Get off of my a**."

As for me, I've been dealing with strep throat and the cold that came with it (thankfully, it's dying off), and a few higher-ups at my retail job that don't seem like they are going to offer up some hours since I went back to working my summer job for the weekends. (That will change when we get to regular season.)

It's time to do more job hunting again, especially since my summer job is also a seasonal one.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 12:35 PM   #9655
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Old people driving, especially if they’re over 70.

Look, I’m sorry, but they shouldn’t be behind the wheel. I remember being behind this old blue buggy on the highway once. The driver was an old lady and she was going 30 miles per hour. She was bending over and had her neck stretched out like a tortoise.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 05-16-2023 at 12:43 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 05:05 PM   #9656
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Tell me about it. Last year our Walmart put in another stop sign prior to the one at the exit. I always park on the side that stop sign is there for so the people coming down the main central way don't go hitting anyone trying to come out, but am always cautious because I've seen people just ignore it. Once again today some damn old lady just blows right through it. Wasn't even slow like you'd think most her age would drive. Had I pulled out expecting her to stop she'd have nailed me good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
She was bending over and had her neck stretched out like a tortoise.
To be fair she could be hunched over with a back issues. I've seen some folks like that, can barely pick their heads up even, and I really hope to never be in that state at their age.

6/2 -- I really hate the name of "The Real Real" and cringe every time the ads come on. Discount luxury resale with a name that sounds like baby talk.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-02-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:42 PM   #9657
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

ffs...

Old 06-22-2023, 01:52 PM   #9658
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Closed-minded unhinged jerks like this guy:

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...CzrZijvKkuAAAA

So do the banned “religious/conservative” people involve the Muslims and Orthodox Jews? If so, then you, my good sir, are the racist one.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:32 AM   #9659
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Health problems, been dealing with those a lot recently,

mostly mental, but also physical, folliculitis is a pain to deal with
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 03:28 PM   #9660
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Exactly how hard is it to get a new fridge these days??

Ours died some weeks ago and after failed attempts at repairs we finally went and picked out a new one, thanks to good summer deals. Delivery was set for July 22nd. Unfortunately, something was wrong with the left side door, so we didn't get that one. Another was supposed to come the 29th. The day before... someone called to say they were rescheduling delivery to today, Aug. 7th. I'm so glad they didn't bother to consider if someone could just drop everything on a Monday and be home to wait around all day.

So... have the delivery guys come? Ahahaha.... as of 5:30pm, of course not. Why on Earth would that happen as scheduled. Calls were made, supposedly it was indeed set for today and someone was to be calling back. So far nothing.

You know how much I've been wanting to make mac & cheese (including that new TMNT box) but I can't because we have no fridge to store the rest of the milk after I use only 2 or 3 tablespoons? lol Gonna go cry about my first world problems...

edit: Woman on the phone made up excuses... Now we wait until the 16th.

Also... been trying to get used to new glasses since last Wed. afternoon. Will be glad when it feels normal and I no longer have a vague headache, etc from it. I guess that's what I get for using the last pair for 6 or 7 years, so now the change is bigger.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-08-2023 at 12:30 PM.