The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-03-2024, 12:59 PM   #9761
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

I can't stand it when my mom either comes over to my part of the property or she calls me up and complains and harangues me over anything, and usually something small or stupid. Take today for example, my stepdad came over to measure my washing machine that's in the closet (it's broken and needs replacing). After they came back after buying a replacement, my mom calls up and starts nagging and stuff about the condition of my house, saying that my stepfather didn't like the condition of it and went on and on.

It's all her nagging, complaining, haranguing over everything about me is why I liked living with my dad my whole life when he was alive. He didn't make a big deal out of minor things like my mom and stepdad does. He didn't care about perfection like they do. As long as things were nice and things worked around the house, he would leave me alone.

Boy, I miss my dad a lot, I still cry sometimes at night when he appears in my dreams.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 01:16 PM   #9762
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not enough sizes available in support stuff for a strain...

Stained the base and/or first half of my thumb on or just before Father's Day, and of course it's still hurting some a few weeks later. Never bad, but still get that twinge of pain sometimes.

Tried to look for a thumb/hand support wrap just to help lessen the use and hopefully let it heal, but only things I see are a medium... which are too big. And even the one at one store with adjustable velcro around the thumb was only at the end, so the rest of the length was too loose to do any good. Why can't they stock a few sizes? I guess women that need a smaller one and men with particularly big hands and couldn't do a medim either are out of luck, and def the sort of thing that's better off bought in person so you know what you're getting.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 01:30 PM   #9763
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

I can't stand it when people drive or drag race loud cars in the middle of the night, keeping me awake. I'm surprised they do that where I'm at, because around the corner is a police station.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 04:45 PM   #9764
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentEvil7 View Post
I can't stand it when people drive or drag race loud cars in the middle of the night, keeping me awake. I'm surprised they do that where I'm at, because around the corner is a police station.
I hate the cars that make the gun shot noises, scares the f*ck out of me every time.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 03:18 PM   #9765
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

People not understanding how ACs work. For example, I've got the AC going in the living room full blast... so let's open windows in the kitchen and open the front door?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 04:56 PM   #9766
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Naturally. If you cool the outdoors it will stop being so hot and then you won't need to use AC at all.

Longtime friend's mom probably starting hospice soon. Had really hoped she wouldn't be joining the league of us who have already lost a parent.
Old 07-09-2024, 09:28 PM   #9767
Iroh
Stone Warrior

Kittens grind my gears. It makes me mad how cute they are. When I'm trying to put on my game face and mean mug throughout my day, my heart melts and I become sad that I can't hug every cat.
Iroh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 12:06 PM   #9768
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I have to agree, cats, esp young ones and kittens, are some of the best creatures. Dogs might be funny because they're often just big goofs by nature... but cats?? A cat will randomly act like a complete weirdo entirely on purpose and it's freaking hilarious.

Family drama... If my sister and brother in law don't divorce it'll be a surprise. His BS has been put up with long enough. I care about his welfare and whatever this obvious mental health issue is, but you DON'T fail your effing child and "forget" to go get him after his summer program ends at noon. Tired of worrying for the safety of my sister and how this BS is affecting my nephew.
Old 07-10-2024, 12:31 PM   #9769
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I have to agree, cats, esp young ones and kittens, are some of the best creatures. Dogs might be funny because they're often just big goofs by nature... but cats?? A cat will randomly act like a complete weirdo entirely on purpose and it's freaking hilarious.
Did you see the video of the cat carrying a sign with the message "feed me you dumb b*tch" on it and tapping the box while looking at the owner?

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comme...hn8l6/feed_me/

tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 12:43 PM   #9770
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

LOL Maybe we shouldn't give them additional forms of communication.

Edit: Is it any wonder Walgreens isn't doing so great when a family size box of Cheez-its is close to $10? Those will go stale before selling.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-10-2024 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:14 PM   #9771
Iroh
Stone Warrior

Hahahaha! That is very cute. Reminds me of the dog on tiktok that presses certain voice buttons to get her point across.
Iroh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 10:11 PM   #9772
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
I hate the cars that make the gun shot noises, scares the f*ck out of me every time.
For me it’s the Jake/engine brakes. I bought a house a little over a year and a half ago and the location is great except that the street is also part of a highway that runs through town. I work swing shift and it sucks when I wake up to what sounds like a .50 caliber machine gun approaching my neighborhood at 6am. There is supposed to be an ordinance against it but it seems to be unenforced.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 10:27 PM   #9773
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
People not understanding how ACs work. For example, I've got the AC going in the living room full blast... so let's open windows in the kitchen and open the front door?
I’ve had this conversation with my father numerous times over the years when I ride with him in his pickup truck. He insist that he keeps his windows wide open until the AC catches up while not realizing that he’s just letting the conditioned air bleed out and affecting his fuel economy. You’d think being the stingy guy he is that he would know better.

But this is also the same guy who used to use gasoline to clean grease off his hands.

Farmer logic.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 12:26 PM   #9774
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
For me it’s the Jake/engine brakes. I bought a house a little over a year and a half ago and the location is great except that the street is also part of a highway that runs through town. I work swing shift and it sucks when I wake up to what sounds like a .50 caliber machine gun approaching my neighborhood at 6am. There is supposed to be an ordinance against it but it seems to be unenforced.
Have one of those that must live in a nearby neighborhood, sounding like it's constantly backfiring as it goes past mine. Luckily, we're 3rd house in so it's not too terribly loud for us, but still mentally roll my eyes every time. At least, I guess, it's been around enough years that I recognize the sound is THAT car and not someone being murdered.

Only one more annoying... the freaking SCREAMING pickup that lives a couple houses up on the adjoining road in my neighborhood. I swear this guy sometimes comes and goes multiple times some days just to listen to his obnoxious truck. I'm told that it might even belong to the freaking nearby COP, no less... Go figure.

Why does my Walmart who never got Ronin Leo now have both Donnie AND the newest Mikey both in stock on the shelf as if getting these figures is actually not that hard. I mean great for anyone else looking for those guys or trying to get all the Ronin figures, but why has Leo been impossible for me to come across. I have such awesome luck. Neither Walmart nor Target have ever had him, same for another place I tried that has collectables (had Casey but that was it).

Managed to order him on Amazon recently when he was finally available via them with free shipping (not the $45 plus shipping NECA listing) when ordering was available for like... a week or less... but won't even get him until next month. That order better go through.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-11-2024 at 12:35 PM.