The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #21
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 97 Chi-ha View Post
And what has been so much in the news media lately? What sort of dog the Obamas were going to be getting! Sheesh.
Oh, let's see... US-Cuba relations, the UN racism conference, the rumored nationalization of banks, and maybe even the hunt for the Somalian pirates?

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #22
Mars-Chan
I'LL BE THE HERO!!!!

I signed the petition.

*clings to award* THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! *cries in joy*

RED DAAAAAAAAAAAAWWN!!!!
PROUD Member of the Risembool Rangers!
(icon made by bakergirl69 on glitter-graphics)
Mars-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #23
Storm Wolf
The Thread Killer

Actually...ferrets would/should be exempt from the list (god forbid it should pass) They ARE native to the U.S. While a domesticated ferret could NEVER survive outside in the "wild" there are an endangered species of wild ferret located in North America, The black footed ferret.

Now I could totally understand them banning things like wolves, big cats, and any "pet" that is undomesticated....with the exemption of zoos and wildlife rescues/reserves. Perhaps exempting, too, the monkeys that are service animals?

I just don't see them banning things like hamsters and such....I mean most everyone has or has had one or more of these pets. Hamsters wouldn't really change the economy...I'm pretty sure they wouldn't survive long enough to change anything.

I doubt anyone would let this pass...I mean sooo many people own these critters and love them. This is almost as bad as breed banning.

It's absolutely ridiculous that politicians are wasting their time and our money on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Voting: pick which lies you think sounds best.
Storm Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #24
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Pet ferrets aren't native to the USA and thought to be a domesticated form of European Polecat. The thing with ferrets, i think they're afraid they'll get out and breed with black footed and eliminate the pure species.

Is this a pair of pets? or wild polecat?

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1240327274
Old 04-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #25
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
Pet ferrets aren't native to the USA and thought to be a domesticated form of European Polecat. The thing with ferrets, i think they're afraid they'll get out and breed with black footed and eliminate the pure species.

Is this a pair of pets? or wild polecat?

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1240327274
The ban of ferrets in california is almost 100% financially funded and driven by the large poultry farms (such as Foster) who have undue paranoia that ferrets pose a threat to their industry.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #26
Buslady

i wasnt sure, i wouldn't be surprised. you know what's funny...A LOT of bird farms went belly up from the bird flu instead!

anyways...

HR669 DID NOT SURVIVE. It was shot down on the 23rd.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #27
Warhorse
Emperor

That's good to read, because it wouldn't have just stopped there. Next, it would be allowing citizens only a certain amount of domesticated pets, like one dog and one cat, per household. Then it would be required to have a license to own a dog or a cat. Then you're gonna have to have a degree in veterinary science. Then, it would be only people making a million dollars or more a year can have ownership of a pet.

Basically, you give the government a little power, they will exploit it to the fullest.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #28
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
A LOT of bird farms went belly up from the bird flu instead!

reminds me of somthing my father told me when the graze about the bird flu was sky high.
a bird breeder (like my father) suddenly got the police in the door saying they had to take his birds (the where healthy and just fine)
they used an hour shooting the birds at his home. lots of rare and expensive birds, costed him a lot of money
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #29
Buslady

cops dont come in your house to shoot birds. animal control would have come in with a warrant and confiscated them, then destroyed them at their facility.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #30
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'm glad this law wasn't passed. Our country has so many other problems that it's a waste of time worrying about animals. People are losing their jobs for Pete's sake while some (like me) can't even get a job. These are the things our country needs to worry about, not the banning of hamsters or whatever.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #31
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I can see some of the stuff MAYBE, but f*cking hamsters and budgies and stuff like that?
I had a budgie but it died....
Woahoh...
I like... piiiiiieeee....

Anyway, I'm against this law because it would ban my pet dynamite. It's potentially dangerous, and definitely non-native (imported it from Laos).
Old 01-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
this is already happened in Norway with reptiles and birds.
a year ago they tightened the laws about reptile keeping.
the old law said it was illegal to import(smuggle) reptiles, and sell them in stores, but it was legal to sell them private or if a zoo had too many and wanted to sell them.
now it illegal to own reptiles, and if the authority knows that you own a reptile, they can come with the police and take the reptiles away to be killed.
Just stumbled upon this thread but... wow, that's really horrible. Who would think this was a good idea?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote