The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #81
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Since we only got a small amount of that in ATLA why not dive deep into it with Korra.

-ms
There were entire episodes of Aang in the spirit world and entire arch's of him dealing with spirits, he went into the avatar state at will at times, Korra has not even gone into the avatar state.... The spirit world played a huge role in ATLA, I am still waiting for Korra to go into the Avatar state
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #82
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
There were entire episodes of Aang in the spirit world and entire arch's of him dealing with spirits, he went into the avatar state at will at times, Korra has not even gone into the avatar state.... The spirit world played a huge role in ATLA, I am still waiting for Korra to go into the Avatar state
I'm just saying that to me the spirit world was not explored enough in ATLA. I think it could lead to some interesting story lines, especially if that is where the antagonist is. I'm still waiting for Korra to go into the Avatar state was well.

-ms
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #83
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
I am still upset how they undercut the original series......
The series wasn't "undercut". It was meant to be 3 seasons since the beginning.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #84
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
The series wasn't "undercut". It was meant to be 3 seasons since the beginning.
Maybe it wasn't, but to me everything felt rushed the finale season, maybe it maybe it wasn't. After the writer's strike the pace of the story and direction of the story changed.... I don't know how many season's there were meant to be, I always figured 4, but I dont know....
Old 06-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #85
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Well, now you do know. The writer's strike didn't affect it. Like I just told you, it was meant to be that way from the beginning. No need to be all doubtful and "but I don't know...." about it anymore.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #86
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't, but to me everything felt rushed the finale season, maybe it maybe it wasn't. After the writer's strike the pace of the story and direction of the story changed.... I don't know how many season's there were meant to be, I always figured 4, but I dont know....
I would say that it wasn't rushed either... Hell there were several what I consider "filler" episodes before the comet came... I thought it was paced very well...

-ms
Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #87
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Yeah.. well they could have done a season 4, it wouldn't have fit in with the plans they had for the series. He had to learn 3 elements, so each season was one of the elements. There is a story being told in the comics that continues after season 3 though. (But clearly not as a replacement for being "Undercut")

Just watched Korra

Spoiler:
But then everything changed when the Fire Nation came to help?
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #88
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Well, now you do know. The writer's strike didn't affect it. Like I just told you, it was meant to be that way from the beginning. No need to be all doubtful and "but I don't know...." about it anymore.
No I am just a natural skeptic of what others say is all.....

But anyway I saw this morning's ep and it was a pretty intense episode.
Spoiler:
I can't believe the new chief was captured and Lynn had her bending taken away....But to see General Iro is awesome. I am assuming he is Zuko's grandson, and I am assuming the same person who voiced Zuko voices the new Iro....They sounded exactly a like
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #89
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I trust the creators when they said at comic con a few years ago that the goal was three seasons.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #90
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
I trust the creators when they said at comic con a few years ago that the goal was three seasons.
Really Three seasons?????That would be awesome! Season 1 is about to end with a dozen or so eps.......
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #91
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

THREE SEASONS FOR LAST AIRBENDER. Holy balls.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #92
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Yeah, 3 of last Air Bender is all they intended. 2 of Korra, with a 3rd as a possibility if ratings allow.

Speaking of Korra, I was watching an episode of Avatar a bit ago and realized something, as it relates to Amon.

Spoiler:
The Light Chakaram is in the forehead, and controls illusions... He's not taking bending powers away... He's making them THINK he has.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #93
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Spoiler:
GK, I actually was thinking about that last night after watching the preview for the season finale. Amon only touches the forehead, he doesn't do both their and the chest area. Perhaps Korra will be able to help re-activate the bending abilities for those who lost it ((Like LIN, Poor woman... )).

My only question would be about why the doctors and 'experts' were unable to help the pro-benders that lost their abilities at the championship game. If it's just a trick of the mind, why couldn't they have done something? Could the power of suggestion not be overridden?

Part of me wonders if the benders of the city will come out and try to stop the equalists, or if they will just flee the city? Not all benders are evil, as Amon and his minions portray... Maybe they'll get fed up with the constant attacks and try to fight back?
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #94
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Quote:
Yeah, 3 of last Air Bender is all they intended. 2 of Korra, with a 3rd as a possibility if ratings allow.

Speaking of Korra, I was watching an episode of Avatar a bit ago and realized something, as it relates to Amon.

Spoiler:
The Light Chakaram is in the forehead, and controls illusions... He's not taking bending powers away... He's making them THINK he has.
What episode was this?
Drose18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #95
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Spoiler:
Just look at Any of the episodes where Amon has taken someone's bending: "And the Winner is...", or even this weekend's ep... then, compare it to how Aang does it in "Out of the Past". "Out of the past" actually has both of them doing it, so that would be the best thing to look at...

On a different note: Where this season (theoretically) is only about Korra and Amon, part of me wonders if Amon is only a minor villian, much like Zhao in the Last Airbender..

Bah, I have so many questions about this show...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #96
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
This is such a good series, but to end the battle with Amon in the first season seems so rushed... we had three season of Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord.
I just a got an idea!!! What if in the final battle Amon takes (Illilusions) Korra's bending but since se hasn't learned airbending yet it only takes away fire water and earth. So since tenzin left in episode 10 Korra needs a airbending teacher. This could lead into some spirit world stuff where Korra is taught to airbend by aang himself and they try to find a way to regain her otter bending.

Please correct me if I made a mistake on anything.
PS Amon is Jett.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #97
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Her name is Asami, and i've wondered that about her but I'm not sure. And Jett is dead.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #98
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Quote:
Her name is Asami, and i've wondered that about her but I'm not sure. And Jett is dead.
I know the Jett thing was a joke. Asami is acting evil, but when I saw her dad and amon talking about her I wasnt sure if she is faking or not. she will probably turn evil because she is upset Mako is being a womanizer.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #99
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Her being jealous would be a really weak reason to go back to her dad and join the Equalists. Plus, it would undo her development and what made her more than just "the other girl."
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #100
Peanut
Second Gear

I still feel like so much of the character development is being rushed in this show. I know they've only got so much time to get through this series, but I feel like one thing is popping off after another. Mako and Korra felt so forced, then Mako and Asami just kind of happened, and now they're trying to push that again already with Mako flipping a switch and being all about Korra. In comparison to TLA I think that stuff is way weaker this time around.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a day inside may, cybercubedthesexmaniac, mynamechef, plastron gets triggered