The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 05-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #161
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess having close contact with the toy company makes sense for being touchy about things... Now the edgelord name calling for comics vs cartoon, what. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Fun fact: this thread is not about Turtles and it is being used by certain members to explain how non-Turtles threads are useless. That's quite contradictory to me.
True... true...

I guess they aught to go make the TMNT sections so active that they outshine the rest so they look pointless in comparison and prove it to us. I'll wait.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #162
Leo656
The Franchise

I just pointed out that the Batman comics I read and fell in love with when I was 5 were a lot darker and more violent than the stuff the cartoons did later on, so I was already "spoiled", and so the cartoon - great as it was - would never be the "definitive Batman" to me the way some of those people said it was to them. I read "R-rated" Batman all the time as a little kid, PG Batman cartoons weren't going to be my "definitive version" of the character no matter what. None of that is my fault!

Some people were fine with it. One person said "The comics were stupid" and another guy called me an edgelord. So I just gave them a "You guys aren't as tolerant as you pretend to be, Be Better People" speech and haven't checked since then. I'll probably give it a few days, not in the mood to be called names right this minute.

I've said this about TMNT fans most often, but it applies equally everywhere: You can only expect so much "maturity" from 40-year olds who worship cartoon shows. I say that "with love", but... yeah.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:58 AM   #163
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Almost makes this bunch sound mature. lol We might disagree and debate and argue about various pieces of TMNT media, but the thought of someone being deemed an edgelord or similar for preferring one version over another -- be it widely considered good or bad, dark or kiddieish -- sounds so weird.

edit: Then again if that was via the He-Man forum then I'm forgetting they may just be casuals far as Batman goes (?) and more like debating casual TMNT nostalgic types that '87 is not the be all and end all of it. I'm sure most of us are edgelords for daring to (also) like the gritty stuff and long for series and movies aimed at older audiences someday.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:31 PM   #164
Leo656
The Franchise

They tend to prefer cartoons and movies over comic books as a general rule. They also tend to skew heavily Marvel over DC.

There's really only a handful of people there I deem "difficult", and the rest are f*cking TEN times better people than the jokers in this dive. But the handful - like anywhere - can very easily walk into a room, piss in the punchbowl and ruin the entire party. And that gets tiresome for me anywhere.

I'm over-selling it, maybe. It was just really disappointing because before That happened it was actually a nice little conversation. Go figure, someone is ALWAYS going to tell me, specifically, that I'm some kind of moron for having an opinion that's different from that of "the room".

I should be used to it by now, I'm just so, so very tired of it. I wish there was ONE place I could just express an opinion and have a conversation without someone calling me a name.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:00 PM   #165
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I actually get along pretty well with most of the Staff and am FB buddies with a few of them. It's more the site owner, also a nice guy, but he just wants to keep the place as PG-rated and conflict-free as possible. It doesn't help that he has a close relationship with Mattel and as such they have a habit of monitoring the site very closely. As such, he doesn't want ANY conflicts or hassles because it could have a bigger effect than just having to Temp Ban a few nitwits.

It is what it is, I just bite my tongue a lot more over there. As it is, I got called an "edgelord" over there today because I had the audacity to say I like the Batman comics a lot more than the 90s Animated Series. So it's probably time I take another week off. I almost quit a few times, but just like here, every time I do that I get a bunch of PMs begging me to stay.
Keep in mind, I'm willing to bet he-man might skew younger than turtles. and he could be getting alot of newer fans thanks to the CGI show. could be a conflict of generations.

But yeah. the site owner worked for mattel at a time doing comics, IIRC. so naturally, he's going to want everything to be positive. I dared to criticize the new she-ra and called noel stevenson a phony creator and boom. blew up the room heh.

still stand by that though .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #166
Leo656
The Franchise

Most of the more active posters there are somewhere between 45 and 55 years old, according to them. And there are a few around 40, like me.

There's a few newcomers/younger folks but by and large they have an older fanbase than TMNT. The general age here is 35-45.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:32 PM   #167
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Keep in mind, I'm willing to bet he-man might skew younger than turtles. and he could be getting alot of newer fans thanks to the CGI show. could be a conflict of generations.

But yeah. the site owner worked for mattel at a time doing comics, IIRC. so naturally, he's going to want everything to be positive. I dared to criticize the new she-ra and called noel stevenson a phony creator and boom. blew up the room heh.

still stand by that though .
That's what happens when a beloved series doesn't really have a lot of options after so long. It would be like someone was a big fan of Dinosaucers and someone brought it back as an absolutely terrible series that ruined everything you loved about the original and all the characters. Sadly since there isn't other option in terms of new material, there will always be some faithful fans that will just take it and blindly defend it, despite it being the worst piece of crap ever put to media.

Aside from the DC comics that no one really reads when it comes to normies, She-Ra hasn't has any type of resurgence since her original show. The remake was a woke mess, but it was the only thing, even when it stuck the middle finger at the original show and Noel acted as if she created She-Ra. The rabid fanbase took it as a 'it's this or nothing' and lash out if you bash the woke shitshow because they can't understand that yes, something nothing is better until someone actually decides to make it right.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 12:45 PM   #168
Leo656
The Franchise

You get a lot of the same arguments There as Here insofar as, "We NEED to support this New Thing because if we don't, the brand won't last FOREVER and that would be juuuust terrible!"

Preposterous. NONE of this junk is gonna "last forever", and won't even still be relevant in another 20-30 years. People who think stuff like He-Man and TMNT are still gonna be "big" when everyone who currently loves them are dead and buried are completely f*cking delusional. Even Superman and Batman have lost a ton of their relevance over the past decade, and they were once thought of as "evergreen", too. It'll take longer to see Batman fade out, but we've probably seen our last "real" Superman movie for... probably ever.

Like it or not, EVERYTHING goes away. People need to accept this.

So, no, people do not need that "Like the new thing or the brand dies!" mentality. It's only prolonging the inevitable. If the new version is bad, then let the thing in question die with grace rather than letting it slowly fester and rot. All bad reboot after bad reboot does is strip the original of whatever dignity it once had, in favor of nostalgia wank and trying to hook a "new audience" of young people who are NEVER going to give a sh*t.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #169
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Eh, idk. While I agree that nothing lasts forever, or well, we'll never know since we'll probably die before Batman and Superman do, but those two are probably gonna hit the 100 year mark before they fade away completely.

I mean even now we're at the beginning of another Batman movie franchise, for better or for worse. More games and whatnot are coming out featuring them, also for better or for worse.

Sadly it's the more niche franchises like the Turtles and He-Man that face the bigger risk of fading away forever during our lifetime.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-29-2022, 01:21 PM   #170
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, for sure, Superman and Batman and Spider-Man and so on will definitely be around for LONGER, but anyone who thinks even Batman will be around "forever" should ask his direct inspiration The Shadow how well that tends to work out.

Stuff like TMNT and He-Man is a pimple on the ass of pop culture insofar as relevance, comparatively. And I say that as a huge fan of He-Man and someone who once WAS a huge fan of TMNT.

Everything fades out. "We need to protect and preserve this brand for future generations!" is stupid. If they want it, they'll go find it and demand it come back, like they did with Speed Racer in the 90s. Otherwise it goes on the shelf. You can't MAKE it stick around just by supporting whatever New Crap the brand's owners fling at the wall. All that does is reward them financially for creating sh*tty things.

I mean TMNT really deserves to be shot in the back of the head, at this point. Maybe after a 20 year break someone will have an actual fresh take on the real material, the Mirage or 1990 movie type aesthetic, rather than just see the brand as something to keep 5-year olds entertained between eating their own boogers. As it is now, we're just promised nothing but Bad Take after Bad Take until Nick gets bored (and fed up with the ever-diminishing returns) and shelves it. And that's not helping anything.

I mean, sucks for us that WE'LL never get any good TMNT again in our lifetimes, but a very long break with no new content being rushed/forced out is what will ultimately prolong the brand's lifespan, if that's what's truly meant to be.

Old 05-29-2022, 05:15 PM   #171
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Stop ruining my post-death bucket list plans of getting in to see TMNT movies for free if I were to find out that ghosts are real when I croak. lol Hopefully no time soon, so I require them to outlast my old age.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:17 PM   #172
Leo656
The Franchise

If ghosts are real, then after I die the UCLA Women's Gymnastics Team's locker room is gonna get a LOT more interesting all of a sudden.

...I mean, I guess there's Your Thing too but I think mine'll be a lot more fun.

Old 05-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #173
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
If ghosts are real, then after I die the UCLA Women's Gymnastics Team's locker room is gonna get a LOT more interesting all of a sudden.

...I mean, I guess there's Your Thing too but I think mine'll be a lot more fun.
What would the ghostly form of Mrs. Roxx say to that?

Also, during lacking periods of quality content in our favorite franchise we need other things to keep the forums going and continue to bond. Before Thursday I had a mere 5 post in 5 weeks then Batman comics discussion started up and I could contribute beyond inquiring id I could enjoy The Armageddon Game and ignore the ongoing since Campbell is still attached to it.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:28 PM   #174
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What would the ghostly form of Mrs. Roxx say to that?
I imagine she'll be busy blowing the Ghost of Johnny Depp so she'll be too busy trying to stave off Ghost Herpes and Ghost Chlamydia to give much of a sh*t, most likely.

Besides, PROVE I was even ghost-there, playa. What, you got me on camera? I'M A GHOST, BITCH!

Old 05-29-2022, 05:31 PM   #175
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

...you meeting fellow women ghosts who died long before and used to hang out in your locker rooms...
Old 05-29-2022, 05:35 PM   #176
Leo656
The Franchise

Sure, we'll go with that.

I've also reserved a little "alone time" with The Ghost of Stevie Knicks. At least, that's what SHE said. I asked her if I ever had a shot at getting into her Knicks-ers and she literally said "Over my dead body."

Sounded like a solid invite to me. I'm the Master of the Long Game.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:59 PM   #177
CyberCubed
Overlord

Regarding superheroes they could very well be around "forever." Look at how public domain stuff like Dracula, Frankenstein, King Arthur, ancient Gods and Myths like Zeus and Olympus, Thor (the non-Marvel version), Zorro, etc. are all still around.

Even if DC/Marvel whatever implode one day or go public domain, many of these characters have already been around for decades and have gone from the 1930's-2020's. Just think of how someone reading Batman comics in 1939 would be dead compared to someone who just watched the new The Batman movie in theaters this year. I bet in 1939 nobody believed Batman would be around nearly 100 years later in 2022.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the year 2100 all these superheroes still exist in various forms.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:44 PM   #178
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The mythology is historical information of religion people once believed, not super heroes, so I'm not surprised that the information we are aware of will remain known, but no one is going to be adding to it.

Marvel's Thor won't be around forever either, unlike the history that inspired the character.

Dracula, Frankenstein, King Arthur... classic acclaimed works of literature. Will probably be forgotten eventually, but what they are preserves them long term. Zorro... not that old. Nor that big and will prob go out of memory eventually.

My wish is that someday when the Turtles have been dormant long enough to hit public domain, someone who likes pop culture history will resurrect them...and hopefully at least in some decent way and bring them to those future people for a time. If only we'd could see it and see how that would pan out.

Quote:
Sure, we'll go with that.

I've also reserved a little "alone time" with The Ghost of Stevie Knicks. At least, that's what SHE said. I asked her if I ever had a shot at getting into her Knicks-ers and she literally said "Over my dead body."

Sounded like a solid invite to me. I'm the Master of the Long Game.
*ghost sounds*

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-29-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:50 PM   #179
Coola Yagami
Overlord

If months after the Retro Rocker leaves is there are reports of female athletes saying they have felt random orgasms after being touched by some unseen force, I'm calling shenanigans.

Now if Jade Cargill comments some unseen figure gave her the best 8 seconds of her life, it's game, set, match.

Old 05-30-2022, 12:03 AM   #180
Leo656
The Franchise

I promise to do my best.

Tags
making complaints, upset