The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-09-2022, 12:38 AM   #2081
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've only seen him in clips of Sex Education and a few social media videos where he's being himself. He certainly has charisma and is a bit cheeky in his delivery of humour, and he can do vulnerability very well too.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:56 AM   #2082
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

lol... way to go woke AND make it bulletproof.* No one will dare say a bad word about this.

*: No, there's nothing wrong with a black Doctor Who. But there's about 120 white Doctor Whos, then suddenly a lady and then IMMEDIATELY afterward is a black dude? C'mon. What're the odds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
And he's queer in real life.
Which means absolutely nothing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:04 AM   #2083
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
lol... way to go woke AND make it bulletproof.* No one will dare say a bad word about this.

*: No, there's nothing wrong with a black Doctor Who. But there's about 120 white Doctor Whos, then suddenly a lady and then IMMEDIATELY afterward is a black dude? C'mon. What're the odds?
The Doctor became ~*enlightened*~

Quote:
Which means absolutely nothing.
To the SJW faction, it means everything. Dude could be the worst actor ever, and the most boring Doctor, and they'll love him on that basis alone.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:37 AM   #2084
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
To the SJW faction, it means everything. Dude could be the worst actor ever, and the most boring Doctor, and they'll love him on that basis alone.
* Color of his skin being something other than white: A bullet-proof vest.

* Announcing he's some part of the LGBTQ: A flak jacket.

Seriously. Watch. The same people who were complaining about the white, female Doctor Who won't say a word.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 01:54 PM   #2085
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Seriously. Watch. The same people who were complaining about the white, female Doctor Who won't say a word.
Already I've seen the usual YT crowd like Nerderotic, HeelvsBabyface etc, savage the choice just based on interviews he's made that mention their favourite swear word: "Representation"
Old 05-09-2022, 01:58 PM   #2086
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Already I've seen the usual YT crowd like Nerderotic, HeelvsBabyface etc, savage the choice just based on interviews he's made that mention their favourite swear word: "Representation"
Nerdrotic is such a tiny dick loser

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 05-09-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:42 AM   #2087
ZariusTwo
Overlord

RTD on Jodie's finale

Quote:
Asked about Jodie Whittaker's upcoming finale, currently known only as the centenary special, Davies confirmed that he has seen it and it's "beyond epic".

He said: "It's like a 10-year-old's fantasy version of Doctor Who but with muscle and punch and light and colour."
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...ns-newsupdate/
Old 05-15-2022, 12:47 PM   #2089
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
David Tennant and Catherine Tate are back

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/20...ne-tate-return
Nice they really wanna try and make it up to the hardcore fans who left cause of Chibnall
Old 05-15-2022, 04:11 PM   #2090
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
David Tennant and Catherine Tate are back

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/20...ne-tate-return
Oh, jeez.

Okay, I loved Tennant as the Doctor. I love Tennant in general.

But this is just pure fanservice and a regression from them relying on their own talents and storylines to push the narrative forward. I guess they don't have as much faith in their new Doctor as they claim. Though when studios and staff pull stunts like this, it's very rarely done well. So this should be considered a preview of the quality of the next Doctor's season.

I'd love to be wrong, but the entertainment industry's pulled this crap so many times. I wouldn't even be shocked if they end up killing Tennant's Doctor (and Tate's character, Donna) to make a 'Let the past die, kill it if you have to' statement.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:43 PM   #2091
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I wouldn't even be shocked if they end up killing Tennant's Doctor (and Tate's character, Donna) to make a 'Let the past die, kill it if you have to' statement.
People always think DW will kill off anyone important, but it's only ever done that a handful of times, mostly in classic and hardly ever in Nu Who (other than the Ponds and Clara, and both of them were handled far more optimistically and open-endedly than say, Katerina, Sara Kingdom, or Adric)
Old 05-16-2022, 04:51 AM   #2092
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
People always think DW will kill off anyone important, but it's only ever done that a handful of times, mostly in classic and hardly ever in Nu Who (other than the Ponds and Clara, and both of them were handled far more optimistically and open-endedly than say, Katerina, Sara Kingdom, or Adric)
I'm mostly being pessimistic and cynical here because this is the sort of stunt that I see them wanting to do something for shock value, and 'making a statement'. In their minds, if they killed Tennant's Doctor, they can place the new Doctor on a higher pedestal for social activism reasons. Yes, it would piss people off, but woke writers care more about 'the message' than pleasing fans. I dunno. Maybe he won't get killed, and they'll just make him look 'dumb' compared to the n00b Doctor. I wouldn't be surprised either way.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:05 AM   #2093
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I'm mostly being pessimistic and cynical here because this is the sort of stunt that I see them wanting to do something for shock value, and 'making a statement'. In their minds, if they killed Tennant's Doctor, they can place the new Doctor on a higher pedestal for social activism reasons. Yes, it would piss people off, but woke writers care more about 'the message' than pleasing fans. I dunno. Maybe he won't get killed, and they'll just make him look 'dumb' compared to the n00b Doctor. I wouldn't be surprised either way.
Russel T. Davies was always a woke leftist and has made bold statements in his writing and at awards shows, but he's from a generation of writers who knows how to reel it in and take you on a fun journey without preaching to you or making any character look inferior. If you've seen any of his previous era you'd see he managed to prop up strong female characters without diminishing the male lead. Also most of the diverse characters in his last run were either idiots or assholes, except for Martha.

And of course Tennant would die, because The Doctor has to regenerate in order for Ncuti to take the role, considering Tennant's last demise saw him go out without much dignity (all while saving the life of an elderly white man), I'm hoping this story sees him face the end with some valour and respect for change this time around.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-16-2022 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:09 AM   #2094
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Russel T. Davies was always a woke leftist and has made bold statements in his writing and at awards shows, but he's from a generation of writers who knows how to reel it in and take you on a fun journey without preaching to you or making any character look inferior. If you've seen any of his previous era you'd see he managed to prop up strong female characters without diminishing the male lead.
Like I said in a different comment, I've seen talented writers fall down, and create garbage after years of quality storytelling. I guess we'll have to see.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:17 AM   #2095
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Like I said in a different comment, I've seen talented writers fall down, and create garbage after years of quality storytelling. I guess we'll have to see.
Russel is still a great writer. I've been following all his dramas the past few years, and they're all excellent. He also wrote a few short Doctor Who stories during the lockdown period that were very enjoyable (he even finished off the Sarah Jane Adventures in one of them), I don't just say something about him out of 'hope' that he'll be as good on DW again, I know he'll be just as good as he used to be.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:48 AM   #2096
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It begins.

https://twitter.com/_PigginTeaBreak/...08016189636609

Tennant and Tate spotted with Jodie's era TARDIS, confirming the leaks that Jodie regenerates back into Tennant.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:05 PM   #2097
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yasmin Finney plays the new 'Rose' and makes history as the first trans actress to play a companion

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-fe...octor-who-cast
Old 05-16-2022, 01:26 PM   #2098
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Yasmin Finney plays the new 'Rose' and makes history as the first trans actress to play a companion

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-fe...octor-who-cast
I can already hear Nerdrotic/Doomcock going off on this
Old 05-16-2022, 09:13 PM   #2099
Sumac
Banned

Seems Western media going full on train with supporting transqueer psychopaths, due to pushback those freakshows get almost everywhere.

As if it would be of any help. For every "brave and stunning" queer-trans there would be barely passing rainbowhaired monstrosities, waiting to start another scandal for the most inane reason. Most people already what those people are, so I hope it won't make any change.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:23 AM   #2100
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I think there's trans folks out there who really do have problems with their bodies, and feel like the opposite sex trapped in their own bodies. I've met some of them, even dated a FTM trans man briefly. At least back in the day, they just wanted to do what they needed to do so they can feel at home in their own bodies, and that's okay, to me. I think people should have that freedom to choose what they wanna do or be. If you wanna be considered a green striped banana peel, go for it. As long as it doesn't harm anyone, cool.

I think the problem comes from two groups, in my opinion. One, a lot of push for "brave and stunning" LGBT+ comes from politically obsessed a-holes who aren't even a part of the 'alphabet group'. This ranges from white suburbanite yuppies (typically women too) who want to roleplay as Social Justice Warriors(c), and use the LGBT+ community as their plaything that they ally themselves with so they can rub everyone else's noses in how moral they are, and how immoral others are.

Two comes from trans-trenders. Not sure if people here are aware, but even within the trans community, there's a lot of disdain towards 'trans-trenders'. Trans-trenders, if the name doesn't make it obvious, are people who've co-opted the trans label to basically pretend to be in the group. They claim to have gender dysphoria, and the like, but also don't...really do anything except dye their hair a weird color, and yell at 'transphobes' online, including actual trans people. Trans-trenders have a name for older trans people and those who oppose their practice: truscum which is short for 'true transsexual scum'. There's been trans people who've been cancelled and harassed by trans-trenders, who tend to have more social power because they're the types who run these campaigns to get a trans actor on Doctor Who, and have cutesy vlogs with leftist memes all over it.

The LGBT community is such a mess right now, and I think there's a lot of division in it now. Those of us who just want to be left alone, and treated with some modicum of respect, are being told we deserve to die by other LGBT+ and 'allies' who want to basically start a war against those 'nasty heteros'. It sucks. People suck.

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity