The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-22-2022, 07:57 PM   #81
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
No, I simply asked a question and the rest is you projecting and flying off the handle for no reason.

I simply pointed out how in this one instance, absolute fidelity seems to matter a lot to you, and otherwise you tell people it shouldn't matter at all. I wasn't playing games with you.

You could have probably found a way to explain the discrepancy without losing your sh*t.

I also haven't watched a single episode of this show in about two years, so no, I can promise you I really don't care that much. My emotional investment isn't as great as you think it is. I'm glad you like it more now than you used to, but it frankly doesn't affect me at all. All I did was point out how it's not a "Mirage Adaptation" and why I'm not sure why it even matters. That's It.
You didn’t simply ask a question, you sassed up a like suburban mom and brought “selective bias” into it, instead of just asking me to clarify my position. You’re upset because I’m calling this a neutered version of Mirage, I guess. Don’t let the things you like define you, man. It’s not a personal insult. Whereas, accusing someone of selective bias because they critique a cartoon sort of is.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:58 PM   #82
Leo656
The Franchise

Don't say things I never said, dipsh*t.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 08:08 PM   #83
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Don't say things I never said, dipsh*t.
Don’t worry, I don’t and won’t. Don’t **** a green brick over a tmnt cartoon or I’ll go in on that Pony stuff next.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:15 PM   #84
Leo656
The Franchise

If there was ever in history a TMNT show that was anywhere near as good as MLP:FiM you might have a case.

Nah dude, I just innocently caught you in a sitch you couldn't or didn't want to explain your way out of and you got all pissy about it. I wasn't even trying to start sh*t, I just wondered out loud "Why in THIS case is deviating from the source such a huge deal since you never care otherwise?" and you didn't like how I worded it. Boo-f*cking-hoo. I f*cking sass everybody, you took it as more than it was meant to be, get over it.

AND... it was barely even "sass" to begin with. Your (over)reaction was in no way merited by the Thing I Actually Said.

Old 03-22-2022, 08:21 PM   #85
AquaParade
Banned

In a way, this show is sort of painful to watch. It’s so close to being my ideal tmnt adaption.

It’s like the best tmnt show ever, just trapped in the wrong body. The animators are capable of great stuff, as is occasionally evidenced, but are obviously hampered by budget and time. Then of course, the censorship and “toyetic” nature of the show. The voice acting isn’t always the best.

Look, there’s a lot to nitpick, but that’s not the point. The point is, with just a little more TLC, this would be the ****. I love that it isn’t afraid to take risks with characters like Shredder, I love the visual style it goes for, and I love the serialized nature. I wish this could have had a slightly higher budget and slightly older demographic. It’s so close but so far.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:24 PM   #86
Leo656
The Franchise

You might wanna stop, Season 2 starts to fall apart. It's fine for what I wanted from a TMNT cartoon at the time but it definitely loses focus and by Season 3 it's "just" a toy commercial, albeit a more competent than average one.

I agree it had a ton of unrealized potential, though. Alas, the limitations of being beholden to selling plastic trinkets to nose-pickers. Nothing truly "great" can ever come of that. At best, just "Pretty Good".

Old 03-22-2022, 08:25 PM   #87
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
If there was ever in history a TMNT show that was anywhere near as good as MLP:FiM you might have a case.

Nah dude, I just innocently caught you in a sitch you couldn't or didn't want to explain your way out of and you got all pissy about it. I wasn't even trying to start sh*t, I just wondered out loud "Why in THIS case is deviating from the source such a huge deal since you never care otherwise?" and you didn't like how I worded it. Boo-f*cking-hoo. I f*cking sass everybody, you took it as more than it was meant to be, get over it.

AND... it was barely even "sass" to begin with. Your (over)reaction was in no way merited by the Thing I Actually Said.
You saying you innocently caught me in a “sitch I didn’t want to, or couldn’t, explain” is inaccurate, because I was happy to explain it, and did so in the post above, at your request.

I mean, that was your intention, but no.

But you didn’t have to bring “selective bias” into it when you asked. Just makes it seem like a meltdown.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:43 PM   #88
Leo656
The Franchise

It's the most-apt phrase that came to mind in the moment. I was making dinner, sorry I wasn't using my thesaurus to find a less-triggering descriptive phrase.

I also don't find the term to be all that loaded in the first place. Everyone has a selective bias. Literally every single person.

For example, I've pointed out how since I'm not a scholar of Scottish history, I enjoy the movie "Braveheart" simply as an entertaining movie; I'm well aware it's complete nonsense but I can take it for what it is because I don't care that much about the "source material".

Flip side, I have no inclination to watch the "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie because I'm a huge Queen fan and that movie flat-out lies and makes sh*t up, and that's gonna bother me a ton because Queen is very, very, very important to me.

That's a selective bias. I.e., I'm more wedded to "fidelity" when it comes to things I care A Lot about than things I care A Little or Not At All about. And if that's how you feel in This Instance, then it's literally all you had to say and I'd believe you and understand.

Words are Neutral, guy. If you find the term "selective bias" offsides then that's on you. We are all guilty of Selective Bias and therefore I don't think it's "starting sh*t" when I or anyone points out an example of someone doing it. It's JUST an observation, not an attack.

If I'd said "Hey, dumbass! How come Sometimes_________ and This Time ________" and you got all pissed off, then okay. But I didn't doooo thaaaaaat.

Old 03-22-2022, 08:54 PM   #89
AquaParade
Banned

I’m not reading all that. You had sass and it was clear you were offended and lashing out. But I forgive you now. We have a lot of show to go. This could get messy, so we shouldn’t start off poorly.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:03 PM   #90
Leo656
The Franchise

I wasn't "offended", I barely ever watched the show (which is a shame since it is my favorite TMNT cartoon... it deserves better from me).

You exposed a bias and I pointed it out. You didn't like my chosen words. Oh well.

"I'm not reading all that" = "I have no valid counterpoint". The last bastion of a coward.

No need to "forgive". If you and I were ever on the same side of anything I'd legit kill myself.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:06 PM   #91
Leo656
The Franchise

Actually, no, I know what this is. You lost your sh*t because I pointed out your misuse of the word "literally". Well, then don't use words you don't know the meaning of and we won't have these problems.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:18 PM   #92
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Actually, no, I know what this is. You lost your sh*t because I pointed out your misuse of the word "literally". Well, then don't use words you don't know the meaning of and we won't have these problems.
I deleted my last post which read “over a tmnt cartoon lol” because it’s not worth it. I don’t want to slap hands with you on a tmnt forum. No one else wants to read it. Debating is only fun when everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.

You said the other day that, as a kid, you walked in on your dad’s bestie banging your mom, and you know what? It explains a lot. I’m going to let this one go.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:29 PM   #93
Leo656
The Franchise

Never said you "weren't allowed to have an opinion" you lead paint-eating simpleton, I simply don't understand why you'll spend two years defending Trash Bag Zodiac Riddler as "okay" despite having nothing in common with the source material, 8 hours a day like a full-time job and telling everyone who doesn't like it that they're "closed-minded", and that "They don't HAVE to be faithful to any source material as long as it's good/interesting", but yet you also think a TMNT cartoon is doing someone dirty by not "literally" adapting the Mirage comics.

And I probably won't understand it, because instead of simply explaining your own discrepancies in a calm and orderly fashion like a grown-up you'd rather project invisible shade where none was intended and "throw hands" like the short-bus riding toolbox you are.

Personal attacks don't help your case, little girl. You got bent because I said "Here's something about you I don't get." And you threw a fit like a diaper-wearing baby. That's on-record.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:34 PM   #94
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Never said you "weren't allowed to have an opinion" you lead paint-eating simpleton, I simply don't understand why you'll spend two years defending Trash Bag Zodiac Riddler as "okay" despite having nothing in common with the source material, 8 hours a day like a full-time job and telling everyone who doesn't like it that they're "closed-minded", but yet you also think a cartoon is doing someone dirty by not "literally" adapting the Mirage comics.

And I probably won't understand it, because instead of simply explaining your own discrepancies in a calm and orderly fashion like a grown-up you'd rather project invisible shade where none was intended and "throw hands" like the short-bus riding toolbox you are.

Personal attacks don't help your case, little girl. You got bent because I said "Here's something about you I don't get." And you threw a fit like a diaper-wearing baby. That's on-record.
“Here’s something about you I don’t get” was actually “aren’t you the person who…?” while calling me biased.

And - again - I did explain my position on that to you, so the more you gloss over that fact, the weirder it becomes.

You’re trying to reframe it, but the proof is in the pudding. You got sassy and I replied in kind. You got sassy because you felt I was being hypocrite - a little fragile, but fair enough. Still, I took the time to explain to you my stance - why I see it differently, so don’t pretend I didn’t.

But really I should stick to what I said and stop tickle-fighting with you. I’d be pissed if I walked in on that too. One of our friends once prank-messaged our other friend’s mom on AIM, and got a picture of her tits by pretending to be a hot, older dude. It was pretty wild but brutal for the friend in question.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:40 PM   #95
Leo656
The Franchise

You did explain it, but FIRST you lost your sh*t. Needlessly. That's why I'm hung up on it.

Better would have been, "Don't flip sh*t, just explain the Why and carry on the conversation." I already said earlier that we all do Selective Bias, myself included, and that I'd be perfectly fine with any explanation you'd give. But then, you claimed not to read that post.

That "Aren't you the guy..." thing was probably the softest jab I've ever given anyone in the history of this forum. If you get so mad about THAT that we're still on about it 6 hours later... grow the f*ck up, man. I didn't say a single f*cking thing to you that warranted All This.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:46 PM   #96
AquaParade
Banned

I can’t believe how much of this I binged today. Pretty much missed all of the notes from the underground stuff and definitely multitasked through most of the episodes, but whatever - it’s been enough to absorb the show and enjoy it. I honestly didn’t expect to stay tuned past episode two or three but it’s just surprised me I guess.

Feels like a little hidden gem that had been forgotten about, in a way. Maybe I’m just in the right mood for it.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:46 PM   #97
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Can we kinda... keep other people's mothers out of this? I thought I walked in on someone's XBox Live conversation during a game of Call of Duty. Sheesh.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:52 PM   #98
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Can we kinda... keep other people's mothers out of this? I thought I walked in on someone's XBox Live conversation during a game of Call of Duty. Sheesh.
eh, this is only your stance because you back everything Leo says lol. I’d be sorry to anyone else, but Leo often acts like he’s in a wrestling arena when addressing others, while using weird wrestling insults and completely cursing people out. I’m usually pretty tame, but he has to realize he can’t always dish it out and expect nothing back. And I’m sure he does.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:53 PM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Let the record show I went nowhere near such nonsense, not even venturing into name-calling or other shenanigans, until Someone Else just had to go there first because they didn't like my TONE.

There's times when I'm perfectly fine playing Forum Super-Villain. I do, admittedly, invite it sometimes. This was not One Of Those Times. This was someone going nuclear because they couldn't take a playful jab wrapped around a legitimate curiosity and that's ALL this was.

But I agree, Coola. Let's get off'a Mommas 'cuz I just got off yours HEEEEEEEEYYYYY-OOOOOOOHHHH!!!

EDIT: Oh, NOW nobody can think you're being a twat unless they're a boot-licker. Bruh, you need to reevaluate your life.

I wasn't "dishing anything out" you f*cking loser, and you'd best be glad I wasn't, because if THIS is how you act when I'm just being cheeky then you REALLY couldn't handle it if I were TRYING to make you mad.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:58 PM   #100
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
eh, this is only your stance because you back everything Leo says lol. I’d be sorry to anyone else, but Leo often acts like he’s in a wrestling arena when addressing others, while using weird wrestling insults and completely cursing people out. I’m usually pretty tame, but he has to realize he can’t always dish it out and expect nothing back. And I’m sure he does.
LMAO don't start with me bud.

I woulda said the same thing if he started talking **** about your mother. I just want you see guys drop it before the mods come in here.

And it's my 'only stance' cause I don't care that much about the 2K3 show. Sure it bugs me that it did Mirage 'out of order' but not enough to let it ruin my day. Once they started bringing in all the Matrix references I kinda threw my hands up and just went with whatever the cartoon was doing.

Edit- oh Leo, I KNOW you just didn't diss mah momma.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote