The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-28-2023, 05:07 AM   #521
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
Really, you don‘t see anything wrong with people who don‘t take care of themselves criticizing other people‘s looks?
Its so arbitrary, might as well say "no-one can criticize anyone or anything unless they provide a receipt, they are beautiful, healthy and fit" which is to say very much a ********.

Like I am not a Mister Universe, neither I am fat, does it mean I can't have judgement about looks of others?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:16 PM   #522
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

For anyone who’s interested, here’s the full “Poor Unfortunate Souls” number. It’s a shame that Pat Carroll, who voiced Ursula in the animated film, died 10 months before this film was released. Had it not been for the COVID-19 pandemic, it probably would’ve been released before her passing. I know she would’ve really enjoyed McCarthy’s performance.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 11:13 AM   #523
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The digital release date has been announced for July 25. It will be followed by a release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on September 19. Special features have been announced as well.

Quote:

Bonus features include:

Sing Along Version

“Hotter Under The Water” – Discover how director Rob Marshall and his team brought the story of The Little Mermaid to life with this documentary in five chapters:

“A Tale Of The Bottomless Blue” – Join Rob Marshall on the set of one of the most ambitious and challenging films he’s ever directed.
“I Know Something’s Starting Right Now” – Join cast members Bailey, McCarthy, and more and learn how they were cast in the film and what it was like to bring director Marshall’s vision to life.
“Down Where It’s Wetter” – Learn about how the underwater world was created with visual effects, imagination and a lot of talented artists.
“Explore That Shore Up Above” – From Prince Eric’s castle to the beach, explore the above-the-sea locations and the elaborate production design behind them.
“Do What The Music Say” – Discover how composer Alan Menken teamed up with Lin- Manuel Miranda to write new songs to accompany the original classics

Song Breakdowns:

“Wild Unchartered Waters” – Prince Eric, played by Jonah Hauer-King, gets his own song, written by Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Go behind the song, from the writing to the recording, to the filming on a practical ship.
“Under the Sea” – Get a first-hand look at how professional dancers helped bring director Marshall’s vision to life as they stood in for the various animated sea creatures that sing and dance in this showstopping number.
“Kiss The Girl” – Float along and get a frog’s-eye view of the beautiful set built to film the live-action version of this classic song.
“Poor Unfortunate Souls” – Ursula takes viewers on a journey of making her character’s signature song.

Featurettes:

“The Scuttlebutt On Sidekicks” – Dive in and meet Sebastian, Flounder and Scuttle, who not only have their own song, “The Scuttlebutt,” but also fresh looks as they work hard to make sure Ariel and Eric kiss before Ursula’s deadline.
“Passing The Dinglehopper” – Ariel met Ariel when Bailey worked with Jodi Benson — the voice of Ariel in the original animated movie — who appears in a cameo in the live-action film.
Bloopers

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/disney...-disc-sept-19/
Old 07-29-2023, 10:38 AM   #524
CyberCubed
Overlord

Having watched the movie now, the thing I took the most out of it was the actress who played Ursula's human form at the end of the movie was hot and would have made a better Ariel.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 11:00 AM   #525
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So the movie closed at 297 domestic and 265 internationally, on a production budget of 250 million and a marketing budget of 140 million. It lost a ton of money.

By comparison, the live-action Aladdin made double that amount on a smaller production budget of 182.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 11:04 AM   #526
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So the movie closed at 297 domestic and 265 internationally, on a production budget of 250 million and a marketing budget of 140 million. It lost a ton of money.

By comparison, the live-action Aladdin made double that amount on a smaller production budget of 182.
I'm assuming it'll make it in home release sales. Always knew this was gonna tank. It was a stupid idea to begin with, as are all Disney live-action remakes.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 04:08 PM   #527
Sumac
Banned

Still another crack in their reputation. Or what's left of it after all their debacles.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 06:10 PM   #528
CyberCubed
Overlord

They doomed themselves with the black Ariel and they knew that from the start.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 06:13 PM   #529
IMJ
Emperor

Must be all the racists. I mean the ones who infiltrated these properties and pushed white people out. Not all of the normal non-racist people who didn't go see the movie.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 06:00 PM   #530
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The film is now streaming on Disney+. Here's a behind-the-scenes clip of Jodi Benson filming her cameo for this movie.