The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-28-2021, 07:53 PM   #41
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I fully expected them to use the Rise designs before I saw footage... this might be cool. Wish it had all four turtles (maybe future dlc?)
There's a big resurgence for classic TMNT to come back, Its what were seeing with Shredder's Revenge, and the fact this game is using classic TMNT instead of the more recent Rise version.

The mainstream public knows the 87 TMNT more then the other versions that came after it.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The only people upset at April being playable are either incels or boomers, most people seem happy.
Don't really see why incels or boomers would not want to see April fighting, but OK. Especially in a game where most of the cast would be legit useless in an actual fight with the exceptions of Aang, Korra and I guess Powdered Toast Man.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:05 AM   #43
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What's with all these games making April a fighter now? For a game like this it would have been better to have Shredder playable.
I feel like it's very much a why not/who cares non-issue, she's there probably simply because nobody expects her. At least in the case of crossover games, part of the fun is seeing characters you never expected arrive (although, I will admit, in the place/prior to stalwarts is weird). Like in Smash, nobody would have though the humanoid-shaped blob from Game & Watch games would show up, Peach fighting in canon before Melee could probably just be narrowed down to the western SMB2, and Zelda didn't do much/any outside of as Sheik before that, either, and don't get me started on Wii Fit Trainer.

Also the Turtles games have never been strict about sticking to the canon of the sources, I mean just the games "based" on 87 cartoon also have TMNT Adventures, Mirage, and movie characters all over, their own takes on certain characters, and a bunch more. There's enough to kind of call them their own mini-/separate continuity, or even each game or VERSION of the game with their own continuities. The Japanese game manuals especially say stuff like April is Splinter's daughter and the Triceraton is a mutant. Then we have Splinter turning back to Yoshi at the end of the first NES game, and Stiockman randomly as a human again in HyperStone Heist....

Plus as Coola said, almost nobody in this game ever could be considered "fighters" anyway...
Old 08-30-2021, 10:36 AM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I feel like it's very much a why not/who cares non-issue, she's there probably simply because nobody expects her. At least in the case of crossover games, part of the fun is seeing characters you never expected arrive (although, I will admit, in the place/prior to stalwarts is weird). Like in Smash, nobody would have though the humanoid-shaped blob from Game & Watch games would show up, Peach fighting in canon before Melee could probably just be narrowed down to the western SMB2, and Zelda didn't do much/any outside of as Sheik before that, either, and don't get me started on Wii Fit Trainer.

Also the Turtles games have never been strict about sticking to the canon of the sources, I mean just the games "based" on 87 cartoon also have TMNT Adventures, Mirage, and movie characters all over, their own takes on certain characters, and a bunch more. There's enough to kind of call them their own mini-/separate continuity, or even each game or VERSION of the game with their own continuities. The Japanese game manuals especially say stuff like April is Splinter's daughter and the Triceraton is a mutant. Then we have Splinter turning back to Yoshi at the end of the first NES game, and Stiockman randomly as a human again in HyperStone Heist....

Plus as Coola said, almost nobody in this game ever could be considered "fighters" anyway...
To be fair, for whatever reason the Triceraton in the Playmates line made it sound like he was a hired thug actually named Triceraton, so his appearance in the Genesis game ran with that.

The real surprise was by the time the OT actually showed Triceratons, they actually went closer to the Mirage comics, an alien race called Triceratons. As a kid that only knew the cartoon/Playmates stuff I was confused.

A similar case happened to the Foot Gunners in 2K3. In the toyline and game they were just heavily armed Foot Ninja, but the cartoon called them Foot Mechs and made them robots.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #45
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Apparently, IGN is going to have "a lot of fun stuff" related to the game tomorrow/today:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GameMillE...53604228014083

EDIT:
https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/statu...49400462786563

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-08-2021 at 11:55 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #46
oldmanwinters
Overlord

New gameplay videoes and gameplay breakdown from programmer Thaddeus Cruz (kinda sounds like a character on a Nickelodeon show):
https://www.ign.com/articles/nickelo...gebob-rugrats?

Also on IGN's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpXlXY-U24s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr3VO8zJ5NU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXiOWSKPDG8

April rides a mini-Turtle Blimp!

Also, unintentionally hilarious Closed Caption typo:

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-08-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:43 AM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There's a strange draw to having Garfield smack around the Turtles. The rest? Don't care.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:51 AM   #48
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's a strange draw to having Garfield smack around the Turtles. The rest? Don't care.
They do have an unique history!
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/..._Ninja_Turtles

Probably the two great anchors of the 1990s CBS Saturday Morning block.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-08-2021, 02:53 PM   #49
Allio
Foot Elite

Wait, so Garfield is actually confirmed or we still talking about the leak?
Old 09-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #50
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

That looks really bad.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:05 PM   #51
The Deadman
Foot Elite

After seeing the game play, this actually looks pretty good. They took the term Smash clone literal, it seems. Just gotta play good.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:15 AM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Are there voices?

Old 09-09-2021, 11:42 AM   #53
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Are there voices?
In this day and age, it is strange to watch a fighting game with only music and sound effects. You would think the game would be overflowing with voice clips from the Nick archive.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Wait, so Garfield is actually confirmed or we still talking about the leak?
If he isn't then my interest has gone from 10% to 0%.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #55
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The official Twitter account has started posted character movelists.

Mikey is the first reveal of the TMNT bunch:
https://twitter.com/NickBrawlGame/st...11588729856000

View my sketch work!
Old 09-09-2021, 03:03 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

So weird that Raph and Don are not playable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:58 PM   #57
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So weird that Raph and Don are not playable.
I still think it's weirder that they went with Fred Wolf and not the 2012 Turtles, or really any version of TMNT that Viacom owns the full rights to. It's not like kids who watch Nickelodeon are immediately going to think of the show that 25 years ago and never aired on Nickelodeon, or even had any real re-runs since. At most they're just going to think "Oh yeah, those annoying alternate universe turtles that showed up for no reason a few times".
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:11 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I still think it's weirder that they went with Fred Wolf and not the 2012 Turtles, or really any version of TMNT that Viacom owns the full rights to. It's not like kids who watch Nickelodeon are immediately going to think of the show that 25 years ago and never aired on Nickelodeon, or even had any real re-runs since. At most they're just going to think "Oh yeah, those annoying alternate universe turtles that showed up for no reason a few times".
Not to defend this, but you could say the same thing about Ren & Stimpy. That ended about the same time as Fred Wolf.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:26 PM   #59
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not to defend this, but you could say the same thing about Ren & Stimpy. That ended about the same time as Fred Wolf.
I get the feeling this game might be more for the adults (who watched the 90s Nick shows as kids) than today's yungins.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-09-2021, 05:37 PM   #60
Allio
Foot Elite

The character list currently was more pushed by ludacity. Apparently Nick wanted a more typical roster. If you look at the box cover the art style of Leonardo seemed to borrow more from 2012 Leo with the bands, seems like it was made prior to the developers covincing nick to use the 87 turtles.

Last edited by Allio; 09-09-2021 at 05:43 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote