The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #81
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The new game Shredders Revenge if taking place in the original games continuity it would be TMNT 6 since Hyperstone Heist is 5.
I think one of the beta roms for Super Nintendo Tournament Fighters titled the game as "TMNT 5."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:38 AM   #82
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I think one of the beta roms for Super Nintendo Tournament Fighters titled the game as "TMNT 5."
Hyperstone Heist SHOULD be 5. Though most people at the time definitely called Tournament Fighters TMNT 5.

Hyperstone Heist was just considered "the Sega one," by those who even knew it existed. Which weren't many.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:54 AM   #83
Sumac
Banned

I am not sure how Hyperstone Heist can be considered separate game. I am always treated it as a port of Turtles in Time, since it reuses crapton of assets from it.

If anything Tournament Fighters can be considered some kind of sequels to beat'em ups.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:04 PM   #84
neatoman
Emperor

I went ahead an checked if anything was excluding (barring Tiger Electronics and crap like that of course). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Missions and the 2003 based games are the only Konami games excluded.

I'm guessing the main reason 2003 games are excluded is because most of them were probably around 1GB, thus too hefty. And throwing in the one GBA game might seem a little too off brand.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:05 PM   #85
AquaParade
Banned

I loved the art style of Tournament Fighters. The box-art drew me in so hard, when I was a kid. In-game, the models sort of resembled the Henson turtles - at least in the SNES version. It had good music and solid controls. They weren't afraid to play with the lore. For instance, Shredder was "Cyber Shredder", if I remember correctly.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:13 PM   #86
neatoman
Emperor

I went ahead an checked if anything was excluding (barring Tiger Electronics and crap like that of course). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Missions and the 2003 based games are the only Konami games excluded.

I'm guessing the main reason 2003 games are excluded is because most of them were probably around 1GB, thus too hefty. And throwing in the one GBA game might seem a little too off brand.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-10-2022, 01:32 PM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
More than enough room, considering the main 13 games only take up maybe 20 megs in total. Probably less.
Old 03-10-2022, 01:40 PM   #88
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
More than enough room, considering the main 13 games only take up maybe 20 megs in total. Probably less.
With emulation, it will probably be closer to 1-1.5 GB. That would put it in line with The Konami Anniversary Collections for Contra and Castlevania. Those also included digital "art books" as a bonus feature.

The "Namco Museum Archives" for Switch ended up being over 60 MB per "volume," and those are just nicely emulated early NES games, fairly bare-bones of bonus content.

I seem to remember most of the PC ports of the 4Kids-era TMNT games being between 500-600 MBs (I think some of them shipped on a standard single CD disk).

View my sketch work!
Old 03-10-2022, 01:56 PM   #89
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
And throwing in the one GBA game might seem a little too off brand.
Two GBA games were made by Konami. I guess games based on the 4kids series are not considered classics enough.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:59 PM   #90
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Two GBA games were made by Konami.
He means in terms of them being related to 2K3 and not the 80s series. All the games in the collection are so far related to the 80s cartoon, the 80s toyline and the 90s live action movies.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 02:01 PM   #91
AquaParade
Banned

The reason the 2k3 games aren't included is because this is already a pretty big collection and the 2k3 games aren't as well remembered. I'd love to play them again, but these earlier games are known as classics.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 02:27 PM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
With emulation, it will probably be closer to 1-1.5 GB.
Maybe with their fancy 4K swirling energy backgrounds behind the letterbox, not the emulators themselves. NES, SNES, Genesis and Gameboy are super easy to emulate and I don't think any one of them has ever had an emulator larger than 2 or 3 megs for PC, if that. And those are nice emulators, where you can even plug in Game Genie codes.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:11 PM   #93
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So... Emulation/porting problems then? The closer a system gets to the modern era, emulation seems to be trickier (or at least as far as companies care to make, hobbyists seem to weirdly enough have a better grasp on how to make a decent emulator). The Gamecube emulator on 3D Allstars renders a few things that are meant to be invisible in Sunshine, and that GTA compilation is notorious.

As for Konami in particular, the GBA Castlevanias could probably have been included in the Anniversary collection even more easily than the 2003 TMNT games for this, yet they still got their own collection instead.
Hahahaha!
Old 03-10-2022, 04:12 PM   #94
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I imagine the rewind feature so many retro games feature today also requires a decent chunk of memory. Then again… even TF on Sega had an instant replay feature!

View my sketch work!
Old 03-10-2022, 04:59 PM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

It would have been nice to see the 2D GBA and DS 2003 TMNT games, I can understand not wanting to include the console versions. But maybe someday if we get a 2k3 collection.

For those who don't know there were two 2k3 games on GBA both which were great, and then one for the DS which was the third one. Those were all great games. And then Ubisoft made the 2007 movie game for the GBA that's good.

Those are pretty much the only other good 2D games left out of the collection.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:48 PM   #96
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
For instance, Shredder was "Cyber Shredder", if I remember correctly.
Which is completely nothingburger, since him being "cyber" is never reflected in any way shape or form.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:58 PM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord

The NES Tournament Fighters is such a hidden gem. There aren't many fighters on the NES, but in 1993 Konami managed to put out a pretty good fighter where each character has two special moves and a regular moveset.

If some of you only played the SNES verison you're in for a treat
Old 03-10-2022, 06:06 PM   #98
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
you're in for a treat
So hang onto your seat, get ready for adventure and remarkable feats!

Spoiler:
Happy MAR10 Day

View my sketch work!
Old 03-10-2022, 08:16 PM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Every single time I see any praise whatsoever for Battle Nexus, I have to wonder what f*cking game those people played, or if maybe TMNT games are all the person ever played and so they just don't know any better. Because that game is f*cking HORRIBLE. Easily one of the worst games I've played in my entire life, not a single redeeming factor to it. I'm way more forgiving in general than most people when it comes to video games, but that thing is a piece of sh*t from A to Z. Insultingly bad. Some things aren't opinion. It's a sh*t game.

Yet I see a decent amount of praise for it, for some reason. And I'm forced to believe that these people either only play TMNT games and therefore their standards are terrible, OR they're smoking crack.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:06 PM   #100
CyberCubed
Overlord

All the Ubisoft TMNT games will never get re-released either, the only really good one is the GBA one based on the 2007 movie though.

So the console movie games, the DS one, Turtles Smash-Up on Wii, and the Turtles in Time remake from 2009 are all never going to come out again. After that we have some games based on the Nickleodeon cartoon on the 3DS but they're nothing good, and of course the recent IDW TMNT inspired game on PS4.