The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-12-2022, 09:49 AM   #1201
Banned

soooo….

just how woke do you think this movie will be?

can they still say “master” splinter or is that too racist? will april be black? will april be non-binary? will the turtles be non-binary? will one of the turtles come out as “gay”? will the turtles do the BLM kneel? the BLM fist in the air? will the turtles stand with ukraine?
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:34 PM   #1202
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post

can they still say “master” splinter or is that too racist? will april be black? will april be non-binary? will the turtles be non-binary? will one of the turtles come out as “gay”? will the turtles do the BLM kneel? the BLM fist in the air? will the turtles stand with ukraine?
It’s just going to be a ninja turtles movie, calm down weirdo.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #1203
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
It’s just going to be a ninja turtles movie, calm down weirdo.
You'd tell us if there was anything funny in the movie, though, right? Promise?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:42 PM   #1204
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You'd tell us if there was anything funny in the movie, though, right? Promise?
Lol do you just have my posts at the ready? We’re on a Ninja Turtles forum dude, none of this stuff is that serious. I’m not one of the guys constantly complaining about wokeness on here.

I personally think it would be exhausting to live like that, but different strokes I guess.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:54 PM   #1205
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Lol do you just have my posts at the ready? We’re on a Ninja Turtles forum dude, none of this stuff is that serious.
Not even Crisler's Law, apparently.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:59 PM   #1206
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

1. Probably not very woke, the concept art just implies turtles fighting mutants/aliens.
  2. Master is only racist when we're talking about race based slavery.
  3. April being black is quite possible.
  4. I doubt she'll be non-binary.
  5. I doubt one the turtles will be gay, I don't even think they will try to establish love interests.
  6. I doubt this movie will have anything to do with BLM.
  7. The Russo-Ukrainian war started after this movie began production, so it is the least likely to be in this movie, not that everything here wasn't far fetched to begin with. And I don't want to derail this, but it is troubling to me that there are people who consider the war to be trivial and/or that it's "woke" to be opposed to a dictatorship trying to annex a sovereign nation through warfare. I mostly see this attitude from Americans and I understand that to Americans politics mostly amounts to an idiotic game of pointless polarisation of bullshit topics, but you have to learn when something is actually worth taking seriously. This war is forcing several european countries to re-arm and my own country may drastically change it's stance on neutrality because of this. It is not trivial like some nonsense about abortion or the usual crap Americans pretend to care about because they are bored.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:04 PM   #1207
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Not even Crisler's Law, apparently.
Sorry I envoked your law, but it doesn’t matter. Ultimately it just comes down to some people on here insisting that the wokeness of this movie is going to destroy TMNT, when they really have no idea what this movie even is.

I think people forget that it’s possible to consume, even enjoy art that doesn’t align with your personal politics. But then again, I haven’t really seen any concrete evidence about this movie’s level of wokeness? If I’m not mistaken, none of the info around this movie has indicated that whatsoever.

People are choosing to get up in arms before they have any reason to. The pearl clutching at any kind of woke concept is a bit much.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:19 PM   #1208
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Ultimately it just comes down to some people on here insisting that the wokeness of this movie is going to destroy TMNT, when they really have no idea what this movie even is.
Well, count me out of that crowd of people. In 2022 I don't believe there is much of a TMNT still standing (with dignity, anyway) that could be chipped away at, let alone destroyed.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:28 PM   #1209
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Well, count me out of that crowd of people. In 2022 I don't believe there is much of a TMNT still standing (with dignity, anyway) that could be chipped away at, let alone destroyed.
I mean hey that’s fine, different strokes ya know. I’ve known where you stand on Turtles as long as I’ve been on this forum, and I can respect that.

My original reply was just specifically to 1987, who I think is maybe, just maybe, overreacting a little bit.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:48 PM   #1210
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  1. The Russo-Ukrainian war started after this movie began production, so it is the least likely to be in this movie, not that everything here wasn't far fetched to begin with. And I don't want to derail this, but it is troubling to me that there are people who consider the war to be trivial and/or that it's "woke" to be opposed to a dictatorship trying to annex a sovereign nation through warfare. I mostly see this attitude from Americans and I understand that to Americans politics mostly amounts to an idiotic game of pointless polarisation of bullshit topics, but you have to learn when something is actually worth taking seriously. This war is forcing several european countries to re-arm and my own country may drastically change it's stance on neutrality because of this. It is not trivial like some nonsense about abortion or the usual crap Americans pretend to care about because they are bored.
the war is staged, complete bs money laundering operation by the biden crime family since they have to pay back ukraine for hunter biden’s burisma deal where he made millions from ukraine, and of course, 10% for the big guy (china joe).

crooked democrats are sending our tax dollars to ukraine while inflation is at an all time high.

yeah, hunter biden’s ukraine dealings before the war is not suspicious at all…
Old 05-13-2022, 11:21 AM   #1211
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The hell... I'm away for a couple days and, seeing the thread highlighted, hope maybe some kind of info on this one dropped (because that's how it seems to like to work and make me late to the conversation) and I open the tread and... 1987 is over here ramming political fear mongering BS into it? Get outta here...

Politcs didn't even used to be allowed, and now it's all "Hey, you know that new CGI movie in production?? Well guess what --- fake wars and Biden did a thing!"
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:29 PM   #1212
CyberCubed
Overlord

Somehow the Russia/Ukraine war is related to a CG TMNT movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:55 PM   #1213
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well no, not really. 1987 made some troll post about the various "woke" things that could be in this movie, which for some reason included supporting Ukraine in this conflict. I pointed out that trying to trivialise an actual war to the point where it just falls into idiotic culture war of pointless polarisation, is dumb because this is clearly having a negative impact on the world as we know it. Then he just threw out another troll post about how Joe Biden is staging this war, even though the US is not a combatant here, the US potentially being forced into it if spills over into NATO territory, Sweden getting closer to becoming a NATO member because of this, Germany re-arming as a result, a lot of people have died already, we have plenty of photographic evidence of it, Ukrainians are becoming refugees, Russians leaving their country because the sanctions are making it unbearable, etc.

I say trolling because you would have to be tremendously stupid to think the war is either trivial or staged, especially if you assume it is Biden who is staging it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:37 PM   #1214
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
The hell... I'm away for a couple days and, seeing the thread highlighted, hope maybe some kind of info on this one dropped (because that's how it seems to like to work and make me late to the conversation) and I open the tread and... 1987 is over here ramming political fear mongering BS into it? Get outta here...

Politcs didn't even used to be allowed, and now it's all "Hey, you know that new CGI movie in production?? Well guess what --- fake wars and Biden did a thing!"
wear a mask, take a kneel yes politics have completely taken over everything since the scamdemic forced it on the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
seth rogen stands with ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well no, not really. 1987 made some troll post about the various "woke" things that could be in this movie, which for some reason included supporting Ukraine in this conflict. I pointed out that trying to trivialise an actual war to the point where it just falls into idiotic culture war of pointless polarisation, is dumb because this is clearly having a negative impact on the world as we know it. Then he just threw out another troll post about how Joe Biden is staging this war, even though the US is not a combatant here, the US potentially being forced into it if spills over into NATO territory, Sweden getting closer to becoming a NATO member because of this, Germany re-arming as a result, a lot of people have died already, we have plenty of photographic evidence of it, Ukrainians are becoming refugees, Russians leaving their country because the sanctions are making it unbearable, etc.

I say trolling because you would have to be tremendously stupid to think the war is either trivial or staged, especially if you assume it is Biden who is staging it.
after 2 years of the pandemic scamdemic plandemic, it’s hard to take government or any mainstream news outlets seriously. we all know there’s an agenda here. biden wanting to send $40 billion to ukraine??? they are not telling us the truth about whatever is happening in ukraine/russia or the real back story of what led up to it. only whatever fits the narrative of “putin is in evil dictator and only racist trump supporters would not stand with ukraine”

and theres a video of ukraine president zelensky as a draq queen dancing in high heels or something. what a joke. the whole thing is a clown show just like the fake pandemic was and still is. the new world order has been going hard the last 2 years, that’s why there’s so much pushback on the russia/ukraine narrative. people are waking up.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:50 AM   #1215
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I mean hey that’s fine, different strokes ya know. I’ve known where you stand on Turtles as long as I’ve been on this forum, and I can respect that.

My original reply was just specifically to 1987, who I think is maybe, just maybe, overreacting a little bit.
That's fair.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:15 AM   #1216
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
the war is staged, complete bs money laundering operation by the biden crime family since they have to pay back ukraine for hunter biden’s burisma deal where he made millions from ukraine, and of course, 10% for the big guy (china joe).

crooked democrats are sending our tax dollars to ukraine while inflation is at an all time high.

yeah, hunter biden’s ukraine dealings before the war is not suspicious at all…
Asylum for mentally ill people is that way. >>>>>>>>>>>
Please, go away from here and never return.

This is the smartest choice you can do in your life at the moment.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 08:50 AM   #1217
superstaff
Mad Scientist

God, I love the Technodrome Forums!
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 02:23 PM   #1218
CyberCubed
Overlord

I swear 1987 is someones alt account here.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:35 PM   #1219
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/p...ek-1235287048/

Quote:
Q: Seth Rogen is producing a new “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.” What’s the plan for re-booting the series?

A: It’s animated, and it goes back to the roots of the Turtles. Seth and his producing partner Evan Goldberg were brilliant choices because no one can tell stories about being teenagers better than those guys. They’re passionate and super nerdy about the Turtles. It’s going to work for kids, parents, Gen Z-ers and Millennials. We have plans to do multiple animated movies this way, but one day we might go back to a hybrid live-action version of the Turtles.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:38 PM   #1220
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Roots of the Turtles" my eye.