The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-22-2022, 04:39 PM   #81
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah. Black April only exists in a thing that nobody's watched. So they're not committed yet.
What if someone had watched it though?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:40 PM   #82
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Not enough did to move the meter.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:41 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
If they watched it on purpose, they have much bigger problems.

If they watched it while tied up and at gunpoint, they ALSO have much bigger problems.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:42 PM   #84
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I know I've read it stated as "definitive" by someone who would know but when and where I couldn't tell ya.

But c'mon you know that's what it was, gimme a break. And given how the FW characters were written I can't say as I blame them. But I also maintain they just could have written it better, but HAH, "FW TMNT", expecting quality writing was asking for way too much.
That makes the most sense and what I always assumed until I read about the whole Doc Brown thing. Speaking of which for anyone who is interested:

Quote:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Qmqfc&usqp=CAU
"I'm Tori Black, and I approve this message!"
Yes, she's very hot and avoided doing gangbang scenes her whole career so I can safely fantasise about having sex with her without it ever entering my head I'd have to take off her adult diaper first.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:47 PM   #85
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Yes, she's very hot and avoided doing gangbang scenes her whole career so I can safely fantasise about having sex with her without it ever entering my head I'd have to take off her adult diaper first.
I've seen her take 13 inches violently in the Exit Door and laugh about it, you still might have to adjust those fantasies accordingly Champ.

Either way, STILL the best Catwoman.

Old 09-22-2022, 04:59 PM   #86
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
That makes the most sense and what I always assumed until I read about the whole Doc Brown thing. Speaking of which for anyone who is interested
Peter Laird has also confirmed that they sent all the concept sketches of Baxter to Playmates/FW, including the ones where he was depicted as a white man.
Spoiler:

Which, you know, does lend some credibility that they simply didn't know what the character looked like. Then again, issue 2 already existed at that point and thus the final design was already out there for anyone to see, so if that's the case they didn't even bother reading the comic for inspiration.
Hahahaha!
Old 09-22-2022, 06:19 PM   #87
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Well one thing for sure, OT Baxter was definitely not a head taller than April.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:51 PM   #88
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Well one thing for sure, OT Baxter was definitely not a head taller than April.
Yeah... Hey, wait a minute. In the comics, Baxter used the MOUSERs to steal stuff and April came into contact with the turtles because he forced her to flee into the sewers when she found out. In the show, April was reporting on stolen objects and forced to flee into the sewer because the one who orchestrated it wanted her silenced. Later on in the same season, Shredder hires Baxter to give him access to the MOUSERs. And Splinter is also kidnapped and the Turtles need to rescue him from a high tech alien hideout, not in the same episode but it does happen in the one before...

... I can see a somewhat more comic accurate story here... Was the reporter thing just done to make sure there were five scripts and a reason to introduce Bebop and Rocksteady? I have a similar theory about Bebop and Rocksteady, Shredder steals two whole animals from the zoo but once Bebop and Rocksteady are mutated into their forms they vanish, so I'm wondering if the intention was to just have Shredder mutate the zoo animals but having the gang assault and the "recruitment" scenes added a few pages to the script. As would the Channel 6 scenes.

OK hear me out, so what if an early version of the show went down something like this:
  1. Episode 1. April (unwittingly) and Baxter have been hired to work for Shredder and when April gets suspicious, Shredder sends MOUSERs to get rid of her. We then get the sewer scene from the comic instead of the gang scene. The rest of the episode plays out much like the third episode.
  2. Episode 2. This one plays out much like the first two episodes, minus the intro. Here we get Shredder sending out "stronger" robots to replace the MOUSERs, with Bebop and Rocksteady being new experiments from stolen zoo animals.
  3. Episode 3. Essentially a combination of episode four and five, in which the rock soldiers attack earth while Shredder tried to demuatate the Turtles, and otherwise playing out similar with the possible exception of Krang growing into a giant.

This version of the plot makes more sense to me and we already know episode 5 was partially recycled from some Transformers episodes. So is it possible that the show was rewritten to be two episodes longer?
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 09-22-2022 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:27 AM   #89
Coola Yagami
Overlord

IDK I think it was more like 'if you want to be approved for a cartoon show, you'll need a toyline. We made Bebop and Rocksteady in the toyline, put em in the cartoons."

I do wonder how Eastman and Laird felt when they first saw the toy designs. Now the turtles made sense, different colors and the belt buckles to tell em apart and to make it easier for kids to have parents buy them essentially the same character 4 times. They still had the pupil-less eyes and short bandanas and angry look of the Mirage Turtles at least.

But yellow-jumpsuit redhead news report April? Purple robot mummy type Foot Soldiers with an actual foot as a logo on their foreheads? Shirtless Shredder with a cape? Bebop and Rocksteady? A Turtle Blimp and a Turtle Van?

Imagine if Todd McFarlane gave another toyline Spawn rather than create his own and they made him green and blue because the suits felt it was more marketable? And replace the cape with batwings?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-23-2022, 06:06 PM   #90
neatoman
Emperor

No, I mean more like their origin, not the characters themselves. What I'm basically asking is if Bebop and Rocksteady were initially going to be the Zoo animals themselves, rather a pair of human thugs who were mutated into their forms.
Hahahaha!
Old 09-28-2022, 03:19 PM   #91
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I like April O'Neil's character design from the original turtle series because I simply thought she looked pretty. As an adult her looks remind me a little of Fujiko Mine and Daphne Blake. This may be shallow but I never cared for 2k3 April's character design. Clown red har, ghostly white skin...she looked awful. I appreciate her characterization but I was no fan of how she looked. Actually I got to say that the 2k3 series did not do a good job drawing female characters in my opinion, they kind of looked like scrawny guys with long hair. I am not a fan of making April a bombshell or a plain jane. Some girls like seeing female characters that are stunning looking and well rounded characters complex characters outside of their looks.

I think it is just a turn off your mind and forget the real world for a bit and just enjoy some entertainment and pretend you are like them (or are them) for a little while. Not all girls are like, "wah, this character is objectively better looking than me! I feel bad about my self now," honest to goodness some girls will just enjoy watching sailor moon or Black Canary and some of the enjoyment comes from how pretty they look. Personally I can take both, I thought that Mirabel from Encanto had a good character design even though she was animated to look average and definitely not be glamourous. I do feel that some animated version of recent Wonder Woman have become less appealing and people act like, "hey at least she looks like a warrior now" I saw a recent animated justice league movie and she looked like a soviet union female athlete and her head looked like a helmet. The hell? They want her to look more "realistic" and so far what I have seen has not impressed me. If you want her to look powerful and physically appealing the 2001 Justice League character was perfect. She looked both powerful and physically appealing.

To take this back to the turtles, I always liked April but I was never into the franchise because of her. I was always all about the turtles and what was going on with them, they were the stars and show and they were the ones I found interesting and low key identified with. I liked the turtles for a reason that identified with. I was brought up strict, and I mean really strict I was almost never allowed to go any where and it was hard to socialize with kids my age outside of school. So, as early as the original series, I identified with the seeming depression the turtles seemed to have to be stuck in the sewer unless they had business topside, or that Splinter seemed strict with them. Watching cartoons as a kid you see these cartoon characters with endless freedom, wondering all around town, adults seemed to not be on top of them usually and they were always socializing. The turtles pretty much had to keep to themselves and seemed their very situation put unfair restrictions on them, I identified with that. It did not matter to me that they were all boys, their sex did not really register to me as important. The fact that they were wacky, talking turtle people drew my attention more than them being boys instead of girls. So I never really needed a token girl character to identify with. In later incarnations of the turtles where they had to sneak behind Splinter's back to do what they wanted top side was I identified with too, because when I got older I learned how to be sneaky so I could some freedom, because I would basically have to ninja my way around my house and my parents to go places and get in and out of the house. And Splinter being a hard ass strict parent that the turtles had to deal with felt all to real to me. So that's my two cents.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:12 PM   #92
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Actually I got to say that the 2k3 series did not do a good job drawing female characters in my opinion, they kind of looked like scrawny guys with long hair.
Yeah, I don't know if they just wanted to make sure the designs were more 'kid-friendly' or whatnot, but they really did their best to make sure every woman on the show had a very modest barely-there figure, even when wearing skintight outfits, there was barely any 'detail' there. Other than that, the weird slightly jagged angular style overall looked odd on the women and at times made them look like they had broad shoulders in certain frames or close ups.

I kinda want to say Karai and Joi had possibly the most feminine and curvy figures on the show, which isn't saying much, but the one that really suffered from the odd art style was Renet. She almost looked like a guy.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:54 PM   #93
Leo656
The Franchise

4Kids April did have that Prominent Buttcrack, though.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:25 PM   #94
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
4Kids April did have that Prominent Buttcrack, though.
https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...&postcount=243

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:31 PM   #95
Leo656
The Franchise

Clearly her buttcrack. God bless 'em.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:48 AM   #96
RetroReminiscence
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
No, this isn't a troll thread.

I'm legitimately wondering this. You might say "why does It matter? She's a cartoon!" but then please explain me why so many female anime and video game characters are clearly hot. Surely it can't be a coincidence.

April's most iconic version is the FW series. I think we can all agree she's a good looking woman there. But, for some reason, April has become a teenage girl ever since the Nick sale and is no longer the Turtles "big human sister".

What's wrong with the TMNT property having its own sexy female character? Doesn't mean they'd have to go overboard. Remember the FW series? They didn't go overboard with April fanservice exactly. April isn't meant to be a flirty and seductive woman, but not all pretty women are like that.

Honestly, every April design should be modeled after the FW April design since that's clearly her best design.

But, for some reason, more and more people seem to have issues with drawing hot female characters nowadays. Apparently finding animated characters attractive makes you some sort of freak nowadays. Well, if being normal requires me to not find Chun-Li, Nico Robin or Taki from Soul Calibur attractive, then I don't want to be normal.

Thoughts?

I think you do have a point. Since cancel culture has been around companies are much more hesitate to make their toy sculpts or cartoons really “hot” like in the 1990s. Just a sign of the times I guess.
RetroReminiscence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:42 PM   #97
Prowler
Emperor

Well, when I made this thread, I certainly didn't expect to see Tori Black in it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:46 PM   #98
Leo656
The Franchise

Tori Black makes everything better.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:48 PM   #99
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Tori Black makes everything better.
Especially for the black community... well half of it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:49 PM   #100
Leo656
The Franchise

I guess there's a reason she didn't call herself "Tori Korean" or something.