The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-01-2023, 11:29 PM   #1481
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Now that would be terrible! I doubt they'd be that stupid.
I think there is a lot of evidence pointing that way.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 11:31 PM   #1482
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Now that would be terrible! I doubt they'd be that stupid.
You underestimate the stupidity of modern Hollywood.
Old 01-01-2023, 11:42 PM   #1483
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know. Hopefully the movie's good at least. Is this supposed to be a continuation of the Fred Wolf TMNT series or what?
No, this has nothing to do with the original cartoon. I'm not sure why you think it would when we already have nonsense like Donatello wearing glasses here.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 05:50 AM   #1484
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If it doesn't turn out that the movie will be human teenagers becoming turtles then yeah, that'd be my guess. Some kind of spiritual continuation. A sequel to "the idea" of the Fred Wolf show.
I'm pretty sure that even in the "idea" of the Fred Wolf show, Splinter and Hamato Yoshi are the same character, which isn't the way they're going if the leaked concept art is to be believed.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:51 PM   #1485
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I wonder if we will get a first look around the Super Bowl or something. We are 7 months away from the planned release and we don’t even have cast announcements yet.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 05:19 PM   #1486
IMJ
Emperor

They will probably start out as a diverse group of human teenagers if for no other reason than to demonstrate that the Turtles are POCs.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 05:45 PM   #1487
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
They will probably start out as a diverse group of human teenagers if for no other reason than to demonstrate that the Turtles are POCs.
We know that's not happening so quit it.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 05:54 PM   #1488
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
We know that's not happening so quit it.
Well, two of them are POC in the second MMPR crossover, even though it’s just a disguise.

Nothing surprises me anymore.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:17 PM   #1489
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Well, two of them are POC in the second MMPR crossover, even though it’s just a disguise.

Nothing surprises me anymore.
We pretty much know they are not starting off as humans. We have the concept art of them as regular turtles with Splinter crawling around the mutagen.

It's possible they may turn into humans during the movie as that seems to be a recurring theme that Nickelodeon seems intent on pushing. I know that most fans aren't really fond of the idea of the turtles becoming human but since your avatar is of the human Michelangelo from the Pizza Friday short I guess you're okay with it. I don't see why it's suddenly becomes a problem if one or more of them isn't white. No one wants to bring yet another political discussion into this so maybe it's best if certain people stopped trying to be instigators.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 06:39 PM   #1490
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
We pretty much know they are not starting off as humans. We have the concept art of them as regular turtles with Splinter crawling around the mutagen.
It’s still just concept art, though. Keep that in mind. Plots get tossed around and changed during production.

Quote:
It's possible they may turn into humans during the movie as that seems to be a recurring theme that Nickelodeon seems intent on pushing. I know that most fans aren't really fond of the idea of the turtles becoming human but since your avatar is of the human Michelangelo from the Pizza Friday short I guess you're okay with it. I don't see why it's suddenly becomes a problem if one or more of them isn't white. No one wants to bring yet another political discussion into this so maybe it's best if certain people stopped trying to be instigators.
I’m not against the idea of them turning into humans temporarily. Like you said, it’s a recurring theme that started in the 1987 cartoon with Michelangelo turning into a human after he ate an experimental cookie. And thank you for noticing my awesome human Mikey avatar.

What most fans, including myself, aren’t cool with is the concept of the turtles starting out as humans and mutating into turtles. That’s about as stupid and absurd as the proposed alien origin for the Bay turtles. Maybe that won’t be the case; maybe they will turn themselves into human teenagers or will use human disguises to attend high school. Again, nothing wrong with that. And they may not even become human at all. It’s just a rumor at this point.

All I pointed out was that non-white human turtles is a possibility because 1.) it’s been done before in the second MMPR crossover, and 2.) non-white representation in any form of media is a must nowadays, even if it doesn’t make any sense. It’s not problematic. It’s just predictable.

Leo: “Hate Asians? We are Asian!”
Mikey: “Asian? We’re Italian, dude.”
Splinter: “You’re f***ing turtles!”

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 01-02-2023 at 07:25 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 07:52 PM   #1491
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, could be that. Big mutagen explosion and tons of mutants are created but simultaneously this mutates the Turtles into human teenagers. Then they start living their human lives while the city goes to hell but in the third act they decide they like being Turtles so they find a way to remutate in time for the final battle.
Old 01-02-2023, 08:20 PM   #1492
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, could be that. Big mutagen explosion and tons of mutants are created but simultaneously this mutates the Turtles into human teenagers. Then they start living their human lives while the city goes to hell but in the third act they decide they like being Turtles so they find a way to remutate in time for the final battle.
Well, that certainly tracks with the plot structure that animated movies starring teenagers tend to follow. There's probably also an argument that results in them splitting up for about 10 minutes thrown in for good measure.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:28 AM   #1493
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Outside the diversity aspect, sounds like the original lore for Battletoads.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 06:39 AM   #1494
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Holy **** that sounds bad. Well done.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 09:05 AM   #1495
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
So pretty much the Teacher’s Pet movie?
Old 01-03-2023, 01:28 PM   #1496
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Better pic of Leo and Don Also shows what I think is the turtle van and better look at that pic that was posted earlier

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 01-03-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 01:48 PM   #1497
neatoman
Emperor

What in the shithell? Why does the garbage truck have a different logo from the movie?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 01:51 PM   #1498
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

…the skateboard Donnie figure looks terrifying.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:57 PM   #1499
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What in the shithell? Why does the garbage truck have a different logo from the movie?
Why would it have a logo at all?
Old 01-03-2023, 02:07 PM   #1500
Sumac
Banned

Why those toys look like deformed Chinese bootlegs?
Scratch that. I have some Chinese bootlegs, which looks better than that crap, LOL.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote