The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-01-2022, 10:38 PM   #61
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, this may come as a shock to some people here, but "Whining for months (YEARS?) about movies I was never gonna watch in the first place" isn't a thing well-adjusted people in Real Life actually do.

My reaction to like 99% of the stuff people post here anymore is consistently "Jesus, f*ck, how bored ARE you people?!"

There is SO MUCH any of you could be doing instead of the stuff you actually do. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Organize a toy drive in your neighborhood. Take an art class. Try to figure out Pro Tools (that one'll keep you busy for a while). Finally convert all those old VHS tapes to digital.

"Crying on a dying message board about movies you were never gonna see and how they're directly responsible for the downfall of ALL pop culture at large"? Idiot Loser Talk. Go the f*ck outside.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:46 PM   #62
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I mean, this may come as a shock to some people here, but "Whining for months (YEARS?) about movies I was never gonna watch in the first place" isn't a thing well-adjusted people in Real Life actually do.

My reaction to like 99% of the stuff people post here anymore is consistently "Jesus, f*ck, how bored ARE you people?!"

There is SO MUCH any of you could be doing instead of the stuff you actually do. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Organize a toy drive in your neighborhood. Take an art class. Try to figure out Pro Tools (that one'll keep you busy for a while). Finally convert all those old VHS tapes to digital.

"Crying on a dying message board about movies you were never gonna see and how they're directly responsible for the downfall of ALL pop culture at large"? Idiot Loser Talk. Go the f*ck outside.
Ain't that the f*cking truth. I roll my eyes whenever I see a thread about some random f*cking movie like Bros, The Woman King, and Strange World because I know exactly what the conversation is going to be about and it ain't about hype and anticipation. It's the same old sh*t, thread after thread, because somehow, dancing on the grave of a woke film is something people feel compelled to do on a TMNT forum. This place is not only an echo chamber, but the people here seriously have no f*cking life with how often they feel the need to talk about the same sh*t under a new film title.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:04 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
It's the same old sh*t, thread after thread, because somehow, dancing on the grave of a woke film is something people feel compelled to do on a TMNT forum.
Yeah? Please tell us and describe, then, the enlightened and "correct" way that people must post on a TMNT forum. Go on. Lay it all out there. Since you take chagrin with people's... posting habits, I guess? (also a weird thing to fixate on, possibly a more grievous offense if we were to rank them) Let's hear it and discuss. I'm all ears.

And separately, I can assure you many of the people "chiming in" on the things you're pointing to in not entirely correct terms have some of the busiest and most lively everyday lives you'll ever know. Also, there is an obvious disconnect. There seems to be a perception that when someone, say, starts a thread about a movie that's probably going to fail (to use your example) -- that surely has to be someone cringing at their monitor, teeth clenched, angry at the world, looking to spread anger and hatred or something as they seethe... I can only speak for myself and maybe another couple here, but far from it, man. I'm laughing my a** off or at least wearing a sh**-eating grin when I post those, and I don't do any of that from a place of malice. You're (I say "you're" but I mean that in a general sense) the ones projecting that on us, and it must be coming from your own worldview because it sure isn't coming from ours.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-01-2022 at 11:11 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:10 PM   #64
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
This place is not only an echo chamber, but the people here seriously have no f*cking life with how often they feel the need to talk about the same sh*t under a new film title.
What's sad is I know for a fact that some of 'em actually have good s*t going on, which makes "the crusade" all the more disappointing. They literally have much better things to do and to talk about but they CHOOSE to bark at the moon about the Woke Boogeyman, every single available opportunity.

Why? "Awwww dude it's SO important, we gotta Fight Back! We can't let 'em ruin pop culture!" A'ight, have at it there, Don Quixote and Friends, lemme know how it turns out. I'm sure screaming into the abyss on a dead forum is gonna make it allllll better.

For me the Woke Boogeyman sh*t is the new "Simpsons Have Sucked For 25 Years" bullsh*t. The people whining about the content are officially annoying me MORE than the content itself. I can ignore the content; it's much harder to ignore the whining.

NONE of this sh*t is important. I personally don't even have time to watch TV or movies, I'm checked out, I don't care. They can make EVERY new thing "woke garbage" for all I care, it doesn't and won't affect me at all. But even before that, most movies and TV shows "weren't for me" for various reasons. People made fun of me, called me a cynic and a joyless bastard for saying "I don't get excited about movies or shows anymore," but turns out as usual I'm just ahead of the curve.

It is SO EASY - and liberating - to just Stop Giving A Sh*t. "If I see something I like, I'll care Then. Otherwise, it's whatever." Super easy. I've been like that for a long, long time. And it's a LOT healthier that hawking EVERY single new movie, show, comic or game that comes out and putting it under some kind of microscope even when it clearly has nothing to do with you.

People wanna be upset, so they make themselves upset. But it's bullsh*t.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:16 PM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah? Please tell us and describe, then, the enlightened and "correct" way that people must post on a TMNT forum.
It's just probably THE dumbest place to try and fight a Culture War at such a loud volume.

Half the people here are Actually Clinically Retarded, so ask yourself Who are you arguing with on these topics and Why is it so important that they be on your side?

I'm outspoken that I'd have NO problem with this place dying for good since TMNT is a dead brand entirely. It'd be for the best. But of ALL the places for anyone to come and screech about how many gay people and minorities are crammed into every show and movie these days...

It's like going to the circus and trying to start a conversation about Climate Change, or convert people to Mormonism. "You're gonna pull this HERE? Really? Wow, okay, uh... I mean, 'you have the right' I guess..."

Old 12-01-2022, 11:19 PM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It is SO EASY - and liberating - to just Stop Giving A Sh*t. "If I see something I like, I'll care Then. Otherwise, it's whatever." Super easy. I've been like that for a long, long time. And it's a LOT healthier that hawking EVERY single new movie, show, comic or game that comes out and putting it under some kind of microscope even when it clearly has nothing to do with you.

People wanna be upset, so they make themselves upset. But it's bullsh*t.
While I'm probably not too far behind on the eventual, "I'm just going to stop giving a sh** now" train, I think you're painting things with a too black and white brush here. It isn't only "I'm upset at this thing" or "I'm totally cool with this thing."

For me, personally, most of the "provocative" stuff I post here and there is just to elicit conversation. And what a crime, that. Conversation on a message board. Does some of what I post actually upset me? In terms of entertainment media, very little. There is like 2 or 3 franchises that are near and dear to me that can get "upset" out of me. The rest is just, "Oh. Look at that. They're doing the thing again. Discuss!"

What's going on in the world, that's another story.

Quote:
It's just probably THE dumbest place to try and fight a Culture War at such a loud volume.

Half the people here are Actually Clinically Retarded, so ask yourself Who are you arguing with on these topics and Why is it so important that they be on your side?
You see a "fight" here and suggest that I care that anyone be on "my side" when I honestly don't care. I post here because it amuses me. That's never changed. If it one day ceases to I will stop. It really isn't any more complicated than that beyond my enjoyment of others' posts, yours included.

Quote:
It's like going to the circus and trying to start a conversation about Climate Change, or convert people to Mormonism. "You're gonna pull this HERE? Really? Wow, okay, uh... I mean, 'you have the right' I guess..."
Do you have an alternative idea for a "best practice" of what to talk about here? Maybe theories about what's in Seth Rogen's heart or something? Chiming in on "Rise of the TMNT" episode re-runs? I got nothing.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-01-2022 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:25 PM   #67
Turo602
The King of Kings

"Oh look, movie about gays. Discuss..."

Yeah, that doesn't sound like someone just trying to elicit a conversation.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:27 PM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I have nothing to say and can't/won't respond to your post properly, so I'm just going to make up something you didn't say and leave it at that.
Ah, bravo! See? I can do it, too.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:34 PM   #69
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I'm laughing my a** off or at least wearing a sh**-eating grin when I post those
And this is something about some people I never have and never will understand. "I enjoy stirring up sh*t. I get a kick out of it."

I just don't get it at all. Life is a grind, who has time or energy to throw rocks at peoples' feet just to watch them dance? "It's all in good fun!" Then you're kind of a sociopath, just sayin'.

Quote:
For me, personally, most of the "provocative" stuff I post here and there is just to elicit conversation. And what a crime, that. Conversation on a message board.
So the fact that dozens of people in just the last year or two ended up quitting the place because they're 100% sick of those "conversations"... some of them even using Your Name Specifically as the reason... "He just never stops stirring sh*t and it's tiresome already"... how much does that matter, then?

Assume you're being sincere and your intentions are 100% pure. Assume you really do just want to "start a little conversation". The FACT is, your attempts - YOURS, specifically - have had the exact OPPOSITE effect as you've said you wanted. Rather than "more conversation", there is LESS, because someone else rage-quits EVERY time you work your gimmick.

So I'm curious what your take from that is. I'm gonna guess "F*ck 'em then, the pussies", BUT that only reveals that your motives aren't as pure as you claim, if that's your gut reaction to discovering that it is partly Your Fault the place is as dead as it is now.

For what it's worth, Yes I try and defend you to those people. Doesn't matter, they're sick of politics on what is supposed to be a "lighthearted" conversation board, and they're sick of constantly hearing about the Woke Boogeyman from you and two or three other people. They admit you are not the worst person here but that is also part of the problem; "He's too f*cking smart to consciously CHOOSE to use his powers for Evil." They expect nonsense and idiocy from people like 'zaps; they got used to much better from You, and they're disappointed and fed up with Post-Flashpoint/New 52 Andrew.

Just reporting. Do with that information what you will. Just know with full certainty that your attempts to "stimulate conversation" have had the polar opposite effect as your stated intent. If your intentions were sincere, you'd stop, and we'd all get to see if any of those people who left ever come back.

OR you could keep it up until the entire forum is just you and Cubed talking about how cool the place was circa 2005. I ain't your Dad.

Last edited by Leo656; 12-01-2022 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:38 PM   #70
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Do you have an alternative idea for a "best practice" of what to talk about here? Maybe theories about what's in Seth Rogen's heart or something? Chiming in on "Rise of the TMNT" episode re-runs? I got nothing.
Actually, yes. "How do we get a hold of Krang, pool our financial resources, and buy the site just to put it out of its misery once and for all?" would be a fantastic place to start some Actual Conversation.

TMNT is dead. There is no Staff and almost nobody wants to be. The Staff that exists desperately want to quit but remain out of obligation. The forum has outlived its usefulness. People WERE talking about Other Stuff, until they quit for reasons I've already explained. So whatever, let it all be over already. I am 100% fine with it. Closure is an important part of Life.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:47 PM   #71
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Ah, bravo! See? I can do it, too.
I don't need to regurgitate what Leo has already done a great job at addressing. He knows you far better than I do and even he sees through your half-hearted attempts to absolve yourself. I mean, that is why you took offense to my comment right? Of course, it's always you making those same exact threads for the same 4 or so people. You can ask Simon Cowell to sing all you want, I don't need to have the solution to be able to state the very obvious problem around here and by your own admission, you do all this for your own amusement and I've known this about you already. You always get off on stoking the flames and you did indeed make a thread about a movie you have no interest in watching because it was about gay people and you clearly didn't know how to move on with your day without letting us all know just how funny you thought the concept was.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:50 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I mean, that is why you took offense to my comment right?
You're doing it again! No, wrong. I'm apathetic to your comment, same as I'm apathetic to you.

Quote:
And this is something about some people I never have and never will understand. "I enjoy stirring up sh*t. I get a kick out of it."
Your words, not mine.

Quote:
I just don't get it at all. Life is a grind, who has time or energy to throw rocks at peoples' feet just to watch them dance? "It's all in good fun!" Then you're kind of a sociopath, just sayin'.
This implies I'm looking at the members here as some kind of puppets. I'm not. Is that how you look at them, or something? They're going to do what they're going to do.

Quote:
So the fact that dozens of people in just the last year or two ended up quitting the place because they're 100% sick of those "conversations"... some of them even using Your Name Specifically as the reason... "He just never stops stirring sh*t and it's tiresome already"... how much does that matter, then?
To me? Not at all. Which isn't to say there isn't far left-leaning people around here that I do miss, even if I disagree with them on a ton. Candy Kappa, great poster. CylonsKlingonsDaleks, super great guy. Even plastroncafe! Wonderful woman, even if she made posts I fervently disagree with. And so on. Though I honestly can't say it's a very long list beyond some super OG posters that left long before the world and entertainment went nuts.

Quote:
Assume you're being sincere and your intentions are 100% pure. Assume you really do just want to "start a little conversation". The FACT is, your attempts - YOURS, specifically - have had the exact OPPOSITE effect as you've said you wanted. Rather than "more conversation", there is LESS, because someone else rage-quits EVERY time you work your gimmick.

So I'm curious what your take from that is. I'm gonna guess "F*ck 'em then, the pussies", BUT that only reveals that your motives aren't as pure as you claim, if that's your gut reaction to discovering that it is partly Your Fault the place is as dead as it is now.
My take is mostly, "Well, there isn't much I can do about that." While certainly missing certain posters that were eh, victims of being around troublesome posts? I guess? I literally don't know what I can do about that.

"Say less," as the kids say these days?

Quote:
OR you could keep it up until the entire forum is just you and Cubed talking about how cool the place was circa 2005. I ain't your Dad.
What are you talking about? I didn't show up until 2007. When I was all but ran out for saying how bad the 2007 movie was (soon after, though, came the "Crystal Skull"-like collective post-refractory period of "er, wait... that really wasn't the best Turtle movie of all time, was it?"). I didn't even return for years. The forum was busy but a sh**hole back then. The only great thing going for it was the fanfiction and fanart going on. That was a f**ing renaissance. Everyone and their mom was creating. Whether it was art or fanfiction or Livejournals or hand-crafted Geocities/Fortunecity/Tripod websites. The Ring of Green. The Undies thing. Spork. That was amazing thing to be a part of, but it wasn't like a thing confined to this board. It was all across the fandom and other Turtle boards and groups. And other fandoms.

Quote:
Actually, yes. "How do we get a hold of Krang, pool our financial resources, and buy the site just to put it out of its misery once and for all?" would be a fantastic place to start some Actual Conversation.
I actually hit up Krang like 2, maybe 3 years ago offering to buy. I offered a couple thousand, if memory serves. I don't really have that to give right now, though I'm sure that prospect wouldn't serve all these anonymous current or ex-members who are disappointed in me for not agreeing with them politically or otherwise.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-02-2022 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:54 PM   #73
Leo656
The Franchise

Andrew and I are friends but we're also very different people and I confess to sincerely not understanding the Why of a great many things he and others choose to put out into the world. Sometimes it just seems like needless discord.

Regardless, I will continue rooting for everyone to consistently be the Best Version of Themselves.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:58 PM   #74
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
You're doing it again! No, wrong. I'm apathetical to your comment, same as I'm apathetical to you.
And back to bullsh*tting. Not surprised.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:24 AM   #75
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I mean..... they can stop putting out these kinds of movies and go back to making good ones? Like honestly, how many of these movies have to fail before they realize that joe public doesn't give a ****. Bomb after bomb, it's like they like to light money on fire like that one scene in The Dark Knight, and sometimes they push the envelope so far even their beloved China won't play their movie so they lose out on that sweet Chinese revenue since they can't pull their heads out of their asses.

I mean... at least the Mario movie looks good right? And the Sonic movies were fun. Smile was worth a few jumps. Not everything needs to push 'the narrative'. People sure loved that Top Gun sequel. Let's get back to fun movies.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 01:02 AM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And back to bullsh*tting. Not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I mean..... they can stop putting out these kinds of movies and go back to making good ones? Like honestly, how many of these movies have to fail before they realize that joe public doesn't give a ****.
We have the new Disney CEO basically apologizing to the world with gritted teeth a couple of days ago about Disney getting too political because the last CEO got fired for pushing that and Florida costing them billions. They know. Mostly.

Quote:
I mean... at least the Mario movie looks good right? And the Sonic movies were fun. Smile was worth a few jumps. Not everything needs to push 'the narrative'. People sure loved that Top Gun sequel. Let's get back to fun movies.
There is a lot to celebrate in the last couple of years. A return to normalcy (relatively) in theaters. Genuinely straight-up good movies with no agenda, these seem to be rewarded, with exception. Mario movie looks great. Indiana Jones 5 looks great!

Avatar is going to be the big anomaly. But not actually an anomaly. If I'm wrong, I'm willing to accept the egg on my face. But I think it's going to be big. And by anomaly I don't mean it's going to be a "woke" movie. I mean it's a perceived woke movie that's still going to be huge because it's clever about it. As in, it's not even a woke movie at all. China has already accepted it and they haven't accepted any American films for quite a while now. As much as Cameron says this or that, I suspect the end result will be a straight up good movie.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-02-2022 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:07 AM   #77
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
So that's why you were crying for a proper response after you wrote 2 whole paragraphs to me. Sure thing.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:09 AM   #78
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
So that's why you were crying for a proper response after you wrote 2 whole paragraphs to me. Sure thing.
Yes. Yes, I was crying. Please tell me again the part where I was crying, I'd love to relive that.

Old 12-02-2022, 01:13 AM   #79
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Yes. Yes, I was crying. Please tell me the part where I was crying, I'd love to relive that.

Like a baby. Anyway, apathetic you say?
Old 12-02-2022, 01:13 AM   #80
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Get a room you two.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote