The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

My TMNT Designs

These were made over various years with the help of the heromachine 3 flash program. A lot of man hours went into these, so I thought I'd share...

The TMNT themselves evolved out of many prototypes before I realized that the best way to make their specialized features was to "draw" them out of shapes in the program without actually using MANY of the body parts. The arms, legs and feet are there but everything else is made out of circles, squares, belts, weapons etc. You may notice something familiar from my sig. My first designs started in 2013 and several versions later I end up with:

Next comes April O'neil, Splinter and Jones... Apart from the turtles designs these are just basic heromachine characters. April is modeled as an amalgam of Mirage April, 87 toon April and Judith Hoag. The rest are self explanatory.

Fugitoid (Honeycutt)

The Shredder... This design was based largely on the IDW version.

Karai and the Foot:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/20/7e...6827232695.jpg

Krang... basically an amalgam of IDW's design and the original android design.

Baxter Stockman/Mouser Robots: The robots were difficult at first.

Leatherhead

The RAT KING. I completely redesigned him to be a cross between a 70's glam rock star like Bowie and a Tim Burton character. He's weird but I still don't think I made him creepy enough. In my mind he's somewhere between the IDW version and the Mirage version.

PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:50 AM   #2
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Art style could be better to me, but then, I’m not one to judge since the only art I feel I’m good at isn’t visual (I’m a musician).

I do like the designs, though, especially Leatherhead’s. Are these supposed to be interconnected with the story idea you posted about in a different thread?
Old 08-04-2020, 05:56 AM   #3
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
Art style could be better to me, but then, I?m not one to judge since the only art I feel I?m good at isn?t visual (I?m a musician).

I do like the designs, though, especially Leatherhead?s. Are these supposed to be interconnected with the story idea you posted about in a different thread?
No. Not connected to anything... They're just my designs. Though I thought they might be decent for a potential animated series. As far as art style, I was limited to the Heromachine program so...
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:02 AM   #4
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

That’s fair about the program you used: I admit I’m not familiar with it at all, myself. It does have nice ideas behind it, though.