The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Ninja Turtles 3: Radical Rescue Video Game for the Game Boy

Being a long time Turtles fan when I was a kid talking my parents into letting me finally get a Game Boy, my first Game for the system was Turtles 3: Radical Rescue and it was awesome. Having played the first game, Fall of the Foot Clan, on a friends Game Boy, I had an idea how the Game Boy Turtles games worked but this changed all that.

The game is a Metroid-Vania style game on a handheld complete with a map, backtracking, items, and Boss rooms. Turtles had to be rescued before they could be used and each had a special ability that made them necessary to progress. It was a game that was very cool and ahead of its time.

I vividly remember the day I finally beat it after several months of attempting that final Boss Gauntlet. My 2 best friends were huddled around the tiny screen as I finished off Shredder, my hands sweating, as it was down to the very last bit of health and my buddies were expressing their doubt in me being able to finish the fight. We erupted in a chorus of cheers and excitement so loud my father thought we had lost our minds. It is a feeling that modern TMNT games can't begin to incite in me.

Playing the new TMNT movie game on the 3DS was a let down and it left me nostalgically thinking back to when TMNT games were really great. I wondered how many of you had the chance to play Turtles 3: Radical Rescue and if so what are your thoughts?
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Played it through to the end...but never beat it. That Boss Gauntlet eats my lunch....and I was emulating it. It's the one TMNT Game Boy game I don't have.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
nellyp
Stone Warrior

That final Boss Gauntlet was brutal. I have all 3 GB games but Back to the Sewers is the only one I can't beat. Got close a few times and the game locked up. Someday maybe
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #4
Xav
Foot Elite

Shouldn't this be in the video game section?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:07 AM   #5
GetToTheChoppa
Random Punk

Yeah, radical rescue was an awesome game! I remember playing it so much, that when I went to bed I was still playing the game in my head (incl the soundtrack!) lol!
GetToTheChoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #6
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

This was the first TMNT game I actually owned. It's definitely a fun game and was challenging enough too. That way you felt that you accomplished something the farther you went through the game. I have actually never beat the game either. I can't beat Cyber Shredder for the second time. But I really appreciated the Boss enemies for being so unique too. Scratch, Dirtbag, Triceraton, Scale Tail, and Cyber Shredder....that was a unique ensemble of boss battles I thought. It's also how I was introduced to Scratch and Scale Tail.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
Garfield
Hench Mutant

It was the first TMNT game I owned to. I never beat it either. I got to Cyber Shredder, but I could never beat him. Too hard. The Bosses were hard, it was a long time before I could even beat Scratch. I miss this game. I wish I didn't get rid of it. What a fool I was to have done that.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
It was the first TMNT game I owned to. I never beat it either. I got to Cyber Shredder, but I could never beat him. Too hard. The Bosses were hard, it was a long time before I could even beat Scratch. I miss this game. I wish I didn't get rid of it. What a fool I was to have done that.
That's pretty radical we had similar experiences with this game. I saw it on eBay and on one seller they have the bidding starting at $10.00 with less than four days to sell it. If you're interested in it for that price that's the cheapest one I could find at the moment.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #9
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Just played it yesturday, One of the few things I took with me to my dorm.
Fun and challenging game.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #10
Tack
Random Punk

I'm watching a walk through of this on Youtube, and I love how Shredder last theme is pretty much a gameboy version of his boss theme from the arcade game.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^^ YUP YUP. You know it's about to get real when that theme starts playing. Anyone like to switch use different turtles for each boss in the boss rush stage?

Scratch vs Raph
Leo vs Dirtbag
Mikey vs Triceraton
Donnie vs Scale Tail
and all 4 vs Shredder

Tags
video games