The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #81
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlotusfire View Post
Eastman's the one who wrote for heavy metal right? that pist me off when i read that on wiki, it felt wrong, not wrong like the info was bad, wrong like dirty.
(actually commenting on cybercubes comment, but redlotusfire kevin is the owner of heavy metal magazin, which is an important and fantastic birthplace for many comic book creations in history, so what's the problem at all here?)

man, guys please..you making fools of yourselfs for saying such things...only someone who has never worked on something like this, that is CREATING a comic book and it's characters and whole world, can utter such nonsene...
how in the world isn't kevin as attached to the turtles as peter?haven't you read his annotations in the ultimate at the very least??
and I know that he sold his ownership to peter in 2002..tat has nothing to do with it, that is just business and in my oppinion good will and common sense...if you keep in mind that at that time the franchise had been slowly dying(in sales figures speaking) and I guess he didn't want to stand in the way to be asked to approve on everything that his partners at mirage wanted to do...also he had more than enough to do with steering heavy metal's flasgship...all these things have nothing to do with how much kevin is attached to his co-creations....
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #82
Xav
Foot Elite

I think it has to do with the fact that Kevin has outright said.
Quote:
I think he has much more of an attachment to the Turtles than I do
http://www.tcj.com/the-kevin-eastman...view-part-i/2/
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #83
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The IDW comics are, in my personal opinion, nothing to get excited about and saying he's heavily involved is nothing more then an excuse to try and shut up the fans who don't like it. "Oh you can't dislike it a co-creator had something to do with it!"
Exactly. If I were IDW or I were Paramount... automatic fan cred like that, that I can buy for a nominal price? I'd be remiss not to. It's like a trump card that can be played in any interview, anytime by either Paramount or IDW.

"Well, Mr. Liebesman, what's your comment on news that the Turtles in your movie all use NERF weapons only?" "We're all very excited about the designs we're going over, and it's so great to have Kevin aboard, working closely with us to look them over. *cough* You know, Kevin Eastman, co-creator of the Turtles. Ahem."

Which isn't to say that Kevin Eastman adds nothing to either project or shouldn't be involved -- not at all. That he's involved with either one is a huge saving grace and it's fantastic to see him excited about working on the TMNT again (and he is, he really is). I love his TMNT "look," he's a master storyboarder, and tonally and storytelling-wise -- if actually left to his own devices -- his vision of TMNT is that which is most definitive to me. He is a major asset.

But now for anyone to sit here and expect him to do anything in the way of hard-and-fast quality control on the bigger picture ideas at play or play sentinel to what we do or don't consider the TMNT to be... that's lunacy. I mean there's some creators in movie-caliber projects that might become involved as consultants and really try to throw themselves around to protect their vision, even if it's like ass-end opposite of the studio's and they're the only one saying "No," but that's just not Kevin. Never really has been. God bless him, but I remember just before NT:TNM came out he was giving interviews talking about how amazing and badass Venus DeMilo would be, and how the Turtles in that are so much older and grittier than in the first three movies... and that couldn't have been further from the truth. I also remember him getting excited about some truly awful-sounding ideas for the fourth movie when it was still supposed to be live action.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-25-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #84
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
It’s not fair to just take some comments out of context and go crazy, but I totally understand and really appreciate the passion, and I can’t wait for those exact people to see what we’re doing,” he said. “Because the stuff I see that Kevin’s coming up with, the ideas… As someone who grew up with the Turtles and loved them, I think it’s awesome.
So Bay's comments were taken out of context, and he makes it sounds like any new ideas are coming from Kevin.
Quote:
What was important to me was to ask, ‘Kevin, when you created these characters and did these things, why did you make these decisions?’” he explained. “So any expansion on that universe comes from that exact same place. I don’t want to put anything in the movie that’s not coming from the exact same sentiment that created the Turtles or created any mythology around them. That is why anything we do is going to tie back into the mythology people love. It’s all coming from that same place.
So everything is going to tie into the mythology? I guess we have to wait and see.
http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/03/teena...than-liebesman
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #85
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
What was important to me was to ask, ‘Kevin, when you created these characters and did these things, why did you make these decisions?’” he explained. “So any expansion on that universe comes from that exact same place. I don’t want to put anything in the movie that’s not coming from the exact same sentiment that created the Turtles or created any mythology around them. That is why anything we do is going to tie back into the mythology people love. It’s all coming from that same place.

^
I think it's cool how they at least care about what they've said, so that they don't **** off the fans. I mean they haven't even started shooting yet. Everything now is just talk, so I can only think that as long as they aren't lying then everything will be cool. I know Im excited. I hope wish Kevin gets them to use Krang. I've wanted him since the second film.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
I hope wish Kevin gets them to use Krang. I've wanted him since the second film.
Don't be absurd. If anything, it'd be him trying to talk them out of using Krang... and that's not happening.

In fact, Kevin just posted this to his Facebook:

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the notes, and I do look forward to sharing more with you on the upcoming film as the work pace picks up--but I have a funny idea I love you all to try for me--I was over at the official Ninja Turtle website eight months ago doing some research on what kinds of stories have been explored in the 300 (plus) cartoon shows we did and most of you grew up on--why don't you cruise around the show synopsis' and let me know if you see anything there you'd like included in the film. Looking forward to your thoughts! K

That pretty much cinches it -- Turtles Part 5: Fred Wolf Cartoon Bonanza (AKA: Worst Case Scenario, IMO).
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #87
Bob
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Don't be absurd. If anything, it'd be him trying to talk them out of using Krang... and that's not happening.

In fact, Kevin just posted this to his Facebook:

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the notes, and I do look forward to sharing more with you on the upcoming film as the work pace picks up--but I have a funny idea I love you all to try for me--I was over at the official Ninja Turtle website eight months ago doing some research on what kinds of stories have been explored in the 300 (plus) cartoon shows we did and most of you grew up on--why don't you cruise around the show synopsis' and let me know if you see anything there you'd like included in the film. Looking forward to your thoughts! K

That pretty much cinches it -- Turtles Part 5: Fred Wolf Cartoon Bonanza (AKA: Worst Case Scenario, IMO).
That's pretty strong confirmation that we're going to get something(s) from the original toon.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #88
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Sounds awesome to me.

What doesn't sound awesome is the inevitable and endless crying from mirage pure bloods......Oh well! Woo woo wooooooooooo.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #89
Baxter Stockmen
Foot Soldier

Would love to see some Beebop/Rocksteady as well as krang

Oh, i'm looking for a Sideshow Statues.
Baxter Stockmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #90
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Sounds awesome to me.

What doesn't sound awesome is the inevitable and endless crying from mirage pure bloods......Oh well! Woo woo wooooooooooo.
I think we've only got one of those around here.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #91
Donnie
Something from the Past

That's pretty sh*tty. Officially don't feel comfortable w/ Kevin. Oh how I wish Peter was still at the helm...(and actually cared..)
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #92
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Yeah. Laird never let other people ruin his creation. Mostly because he was too busy ruining it himself BUT STILL!

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 03-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #93
Powder
So tired of this place

I only care about keeping things "pure" (as in Mirage toned) in the comic department, mostly. I don't mind if the film is a free-for-all because all the special effects and everything could make any of it spectacular. Granted I wouldn't want the film to feel super OT but as far as characters go, have at it. Just keep Mr. Ogg out of it and we've got a deal.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #94
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I only care about keeping things "pure" (as in Mirage toned) in the comic department, mostly. I don't mind if the film is a free-for-all because all the special effects and everything could make any of it spectacular. Granted I wouldn't want the film to feel super OT but as far as characters go, have at it. Just keep Mr. Ogg out of it and we've got a deal.
I think a mash-up would be cool, like the IDW book is doing, but when you have KE blatantly asking fans to say what elements of the OT (singled out, not like he asked "what elements from the past movies or both toons?") should be included...it's just a tad worrisome to me. Then again, I shouldn't really complain too much, it's all speculation and the director seems to be on the right path with the movie. He's a pretty reassuring type of guy, it seems.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #95
AquaParade
Banned

Perhaps the key to the movies success will be using the rich tone set forth by the Mirage comics, covered in a can of "OT Paint",

"Bebop" and "Rocksteady" will be fun to see for the casual crowd, and I'm betting most people won't be upset if they are written in a way that is more true to the spirit of the comics.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #96
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Actually Mikey, 300+ episodes of TV would include both shows. The FW series has about 200. 4kids has 156. That's over 300, together.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #97
prophecy718
Hench Mutant

lol@ Mr ogg
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #98
ToTheNines
[sic]

Is this script anywhere near done?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #99
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Highly doubtful from the looks of it...

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #100
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well if you listen to some people around here, the movie's release date is next week.

@~<3 Mom~@

Tags
aliens, cancelled media, live action films