The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #21
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName999 View Post
He probably thinks she's ****blocking him to keep him from April
^here's your answer.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #22
kolaida
Foot Soldier

Because he feels like she's in the way. I mean, if you wanna make out with a chick at the movies, how awkward to have her friend there? And Irma seems to be pretty opinionated And speaks her mind. She's downing his vibes, crushing his mojo, etc.
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #23
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
I'll just quote the scene since I have the episode on I-tunes

episode: Wormquake
*Casey and April are on the rooftops

Casey: so April vigilanti-ing...is cool and all but how bout a real date?
April: what do you call this~?
Casey: I was thinking something a little cozier....you, me (puts hand on her shoulder)
April: (smiles~)

yea....I think that was flirting. she seemed totally cool with Casey all close to her.

oh found a picture

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0104ee38...hwpmo4_500.png
Ugh - NickCasey just makes my skin crawl, I'm sorry. I know he's a teenager but he just comes off as a hormonal little grub. For someone who has (what's coming off as) such a lack of patience towards nerdy types, it seems out of place for him to be macking on April so heavily; as we've seen, she's not exactly popular and is in fact a nerd type herself given that she's supposed to be tutoring him. It makes me feel like he's got a real "oh those other nerds suck - but you're ok cuz you're hot" kind of attitude.

If we get some better characterisation, I'll probably warm up to him but as it stands all we really see of NickCasey is him slobbering all over April, or teaming up with Raph and being super-cocky/downright arrogant. It's not really winning me over at this stage.

All purely my opinion but that's how he's coming off to me. He's lacking in charm. A scene showing him leaving the house saying goodbye to his little sister or something would flesh him out a bit more and show that he has some heart beneath his brash exterior.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:14 AM   #24
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

I feel like Casey didn't like Irma long before he got to know April XD....
Old 06-09-2014, 03:11 AM   #25
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Casey lost his virginity to Irma, but then she left him.

So now he's all hell bent despising her everytime he sees her. You'll never forget your first time.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:38 AM   #26
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

So now he's all hell bent despising her everytime he sees her. You'll never forget your first time.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #27
kolaida
Foot Soldier

Quote:

LOL!!!! I love this one, this has to be it!
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #28
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Well then, that explains everything. Irma burned him! Oh oh! I know what it is! He is actually still in love with her and is still trying to move on, but can't because Irma will always be in the way and on his mind.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:11 AM   #29
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Sadly it is cuz she gets in the way of his alone time with his precious April

I feel bad for Irma, we don't see much of her and she's always teased and picked on by the people she hangs out with.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #30
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Pretty much, I feel she does this because this is her way to feel human, and doing this is her way to feel like she's living a normal life. I feel she likes the fact that Donnie and Casey both like her, and why she continues to lead them both on because she doesn't want this feeling of being cared like this to end. I feel she's a flirt and wants to be cared about by both of them to feel human and important not involving alien invasions and terraforming plots.

It's like her drug per say, she doesn't want it to end so she continues to do it, no matter how wrong she feels it may become. She wants to continue feeling special by two people she cares about and who care about her back. Because as soon as she stops, she'll remember how much of an inhuman life she has.
That may be the saddest thing that I have ever heard and possibly the most infuriating. Is this how girls really think? Do they really feel most value as a human being when they being sought after by guys or is it wish thinking by male writers? Seriously, can someone please explain this idea because it feels so alien.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:06 AM   #31
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:

Heh, this was actually similar to what I thought. That or Irma is keeping consistent character by being easy.

Heh heh, aw right! *bobs head*
Old 06-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #32
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

As others have said, because he wants alone time with April. The idea of Irma once dating Casey and turning him down is a pretty intriguing theory though. And since she's the nerdy type, she probably talks about disgusting stuff Casey doesn't want to hear about while out with April.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #33
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
That may be the saddest thing that I have ever heard and possibly the most infuriating. Is this how girls really think? Do they really feel most value as a human being when they being sought after by guys or is it wish thinking by male writers? Seriously, can someone please explain this idea because it feels so alien.
That would be alien to me too, and I'm a girl. Usually when a girl thinks like that she must be one of those girls that has issues with co-dependency or something.

But no, that isn't how most girls think.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #34
Ninjawolf
Thug

Like others said probably annoyed she keeps cockblocking him... to be fair back in Wormquake April seemed okay when she thought Casey was groping her... I mean seriously her entire reaction was 'not now Casey' if it was anytime else she probably wouldn't have minded...
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #35
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
This would be how some guys think most girls think.
It might even be how some girls think, but I blame both of those opinions on the prevailing cultural attitude that a woman's only use is as an object.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #36
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
That would be alien to me too, and I'm a girl. Usually when a girl thinks like that she must be one of those girls that has issues with co-dependency or something.

But no, that isn't how most girls think.
This concept is also alien to me, and I'm female. I can't even fathom this.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #37
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:

No offense, but not everybody likes those kinds of jokes. They often come off as virulently tasteless and immature, and I can't find myself respecting a poster for a long time after they make such a one.

Anyway, maybe April has Irma along because she doesn't want Casey to pester her like that. I'd do the same thing if a guy kept pestering me 'for a date' and I wasn't interested in him, and that him feeling resentful might put him and me in danger if he's having those feelings during a fight.

I'd rather she just up and say that's she's not interested in him, because this nagging Casey and his pushiness is getting on my nerves.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #38
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I didn't think SB's joke was offensive at all. It was funny to me.

As for the whole co-dependency thing, I've never felt like that at all in my relationship, but that doesn't mean that all girls are like that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #39
TMNTmousers
Thug

Irma

Maybe it a running gag in the show with Casey complaining about Irma all the time, I remember the 2003 series where the turtles would say all the time New Jersey would go first etc.
TMNTmousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #40
Electric
Epic Hiatus

I really think this whole Casey disliking Irma think is being blown up a bit. From what we've seen, Irma seems to have a very odd, know it all kind of personality, like when she was interrogating Casey about the ice rink, or talking about rats. Casey, while yeah he's rude, has only been shown to have bad encounters with Irma (her interrogating, her going on what he thinks are his and Aprils dates) and seems to have interests completely opposite of her. So it's not out of place for Casey to dislike her.

While we all seem to feel bad for Irma being left out, at the same time Casey and April are just trying to keep the turtles secret, so it's not their place to tell her.

As for Casey's characterization, yes he has been portrayed as extremely into April, but I don't think you can say that's the only characterization he has. Not at all. He's been "fleshed out" in the good bad and Casey jones. Talking about how he's defending the people he cares about. In no part of that episode was Casey drooling over April. He's an aggressive kid with a temper, who's untrained, a little careless, but protects the people he cares about. That's his character.

I hate when people say that these love interest define the characters. Donnie April and Casey have all been given decent characterizations. The love interest are only a small part of them.

Tags
casey jones, irma