The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-15-2021, 10:01 PM   #2121
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Apparently the B&W Snyder Cut is already on HBO Max. I guess it's somewhat hidden and you need to search for "Justice is Gray."
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:39 AM   #2122
Leo656
The Franchise

So while I'm well aware that nobody actually watches my YouTube channel, I didn't want to be the only person on YouTube to be left out of the ZSJL conversation. So on March 20th we recorded a massive sit-down review and analysis of the movie (as well as the other Snyder DC movies, along with the specific comic book runs that informed them). Then we lost the footage, found it, my wife's editing laptop broke, she got a new one, then she lost and found the footage again, and finally here it is. Better late than never, I suppose.

Bring a blanket, I don't do "brevity".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:27 AM   #2123
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
So while I'm well aware that nobody actually watches my YouTube channel, I didn't want to be the only person on YouTube to be left out of the ZSJL conversation. So on March 20th we recorded a massive sit-down review and analysis of the movie (as well as the other Snyder DC movies, along with the specific comic book runs that informed them). Then we lost the footage, found it, my wife's editing laptop broke, she got a new one, then she lost and found the footage again, and finally here it is. Better late than never, I suppose.

Bring a blanket, I don't do "brevity".
Too long for me, you goddamn maniac. I will probably listen to some of it while I work eventually.
Cool earrings though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:59 PM   #2124
Leo656
The Franchise

My earrings are indeed legendary.

And yeah this was totally off the cuff with no script so it took a bit of finagling to whittle it down to a "manageable" length. But if nothing else it promises to be the most in-depth analysis of the movie(s) that anyone ever has or ever will be bothered to do. So there's that.

I was originally going to break it into six Chapters and an Epilogue, like the film, but after my wife kept losing and re-finding the footage I was like "screw it, just get it done already".

Old 05-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #2125
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
My earrings are indeed legendary.
As is mine. But you grind an axe about dudes wearing watches?
Old 05-20-2021, 08:33 PM   #2126
Leo656
The Franchise

I wouldn't say I "grind an axe" about it so much as "poke playful fun".

I mean, they technically have no purpose anymore except as a status symbol, since everyone has a cell phone and your cell phone has a clock on it. So technically, having a watch - especially a fancy one - is just some hoity-toity, bourgeoisie bullsh*t. Technically.

But I don't actually care that much, people can do what they wanna do. If and when the subject of watches happens to come up in conversation, however, that is indeed my spoken opinion. It's not like I accost random people on the street and yell at them over it, though, that'd be silly.

I take great pride in the fact that I haven't worn a watch since my Episode I Obi-Wan Kenobi watch broke my Senior year of high school. I just do the bandanna gimmick ever since.

Old 11-27-2021, 11:39 PM   #2127
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Just watched The Snyder Cut. not bad Snyder Not bad

Old 11-28-2021, 10:19 AM   #2128
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Just watched The Snyder Cut. not bad Snyder Not bad

https://i.imgur.com/OI21XlD.gif
It was solid, wasn't it?
I'd really like Cavill's Superman to continue. And I don't really need any part of Pattinson's flick, but I'd love to see more of Affleck's Batman.

So sick of "super-noir" Batman which is basically done because they can't figure out how to do comic book Batman - which Affleck's character has given us.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:41 AM   #2129
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It was solid, wasn't it?
I'd really like Cavill's Superman to continue. And I don't really need any part of Pattinson's flick, but I'd love to see more of Affleck's Batman.

So sick of "super-noir" Batman which is basically done because they can't figure out how to do comic book Batman - which Affleck's character has given us.
ya for a 4 hour movie that movie didn't drag in the slightest. I did geek seeing live action Darkseid Dessad and Granny goodness. Barry is not as annoying as he is in the whedon version. Also cool seeing Martian Manhunter in movie capacity. At this point if Snyder does anything else I'll watch it.

Also really enjoyed the more of Cyborg we got in this movie.

Yes I want more Cavill Superman WB are ****ing idiots not to do that.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:31 AM   #2130
IMJ
Emperor

Yes, to all of that.

Re: Darkseid though, to be honest seeing the "most evil, powerful bad in all of the Universe" take a loss at the hands of pre-historic heroes and basically "Zeus" I think diminished him badly.

If those guys could send him packing then he shouldn't be any trouble at all for Superman alone, let alone with the league and a Green Lantern with him.

But that aside, yeah the movie was great.
Old 11-28-2021, 01:35 PM   #2131
Leo656
The Franchise

He was still just Uxas and hadn't really "ascended" to become Darkseid yet, though.

As-is the movie doesn't really do a ton to "sell" that he's become a ton more powerful since then but we can infer it.

I really liked how the proposed other movies would have ended with Superman and the League uniting all the armies of Earth against Darkseid in a bit of symmetry with the "ancient times" scene, but way bigger. That would've been really awesome to see.

Since we're talking about it, for anyone who missed it I did a video review on my YouTube channel back when the movie came out. It's long, but not as long as the movie, honest.

Old 11-28-2021, 01:55 PM   #2132
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Also that scene with Clark in the fortress walking buy each suit with the monologues of both Jor-El and Pa Kent as he puts the black suit on was really good.

Why WB refuses to do more with Cavill superman I will never understand
Old 11-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #2133
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Also that scene with Clark in the fortress walking buy each suit with the monologues of both Jor-El and Pa Kent as he puts the black suit on was really good.

Why WB refuses to do more with Cavill superman I will never understand
Clown world, man.
I don't know how we hopped universe's and got here, but "Clown World" literally explains everything.
Old 11-28-2021, 03:28 PM   #2134
Leo656
The Franchise

At the current moment, it's because Henry Cavill is white. That's pretty much it right now.

F*cking WB.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #2135
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
At the current moment, it's because Henry Cavill is white. That's pretty much it right now.

F*cking WB.
Exactly.... Clown World, man.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:40 PM   #2136
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

F*cking WB.
You're right, of course, but to be fair there is the distancing from the stigma of the Snyder material (particularly the gut punch that happened early on that was BvS). But that's probably more a narrative/excuse than them actually feeling like they need to do that.

I'm most curious to see what will happen when their black Superman movie comes out written by that openly racist guy and loses millions of dollars. Will we get a wonderful GB16-like response from the studio and masses?
Old 11-28-2021, 05:12 PM   #2137
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You're right, of course, but to be fair there is the distancing from the stigma of the Snyder material (particularly the gut punch that happened early on that was BvS). But that's probably more a narrative/excuse than them actually feeling like they need to do that.
Movie was fine; as we've seen now thanks to ZSJL people needed to hold their horses and see where the story was headed before throwing all their tantrums. It figures that nerds don't have it in them to do that, but some of us always had a strong idea where things were headed and how most of the "questionable choices" of BvS would become justified with the benefit of context. We've now seen that was correct.

But nah, instead of being patient and letting things play out over multiple movies as intended, people just HAD to cry about "Superman doesn't smile enough" (despite the fact that the movie's story doesn't give him a ton to be thrilled about) and "Batman's killing people!" (which Batman has done in eeeeeevery single Batman movie).

It figures that a lot of people have warmed up to BvS since, especially after ZSJL came out. Too late NOW, of course. But yeah, everything would've been just fine if people didn't immediately lose their sh*t over stuff that wasn't even a big deal.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:15 PM   #2138
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Movie was fine; as we've seen now thanks to ZSJL people needed to hold their horses and see where the story was headed before throwing all their tantrums. It figures that nerds don't have it in them to do that, but some of us always had a strong idea where things were headed and how most of the "questionable choices" of BvS would become justified with the benefit of context. We've now seen that was correct.

But nah, instead of being patient and letting things play out over multiple movies as intended, people just HAD to cry about "Superman doesn't smile enough" (despite the fact that the movie's story doesn't give him a ton to be thrilled about) and "Batman's killing people!" (which Batman has done in eeeeeevery single Batman movie).

It figures that a lot of people have warmed up to BvS since, especially after ZSJL came out. Too late NOW, of course. But yeah, everything would've been just fine if people didn't immediately lose their sh*t over stuff that wasn't even a big deal.
No, BvS definitely did damage and wasn't "fine" by any metrics. Now, did it do so much damage that there could be no possible course correction? Of course not. But in no way, shape or form did BvS achieve the desired effect.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:23 PM   #2139
Leo656
The Franchise

Because the "end users" refused from the beginning to even attempt to meet the filmmaker(s) halfway and be objective about it, and just immediately started saying, "NO, what you SHOULD be doing is THIS." The "this" essentially being "Stuff your movie full of bad jokes like every MCU movie does." The entire conversation around BvS at the time it came out was, "The movie is bad because it takes super-heroes seriously and tries to put them in a real-world setting. What we need is more fart jokes, and constant reminders that all of this is silly goofy nonsense." Very few people even tried to be objective about it, they just hated that it wasn't a MCU-style romp.

I normally don't put a ton of stock into "the whiny fanboys ruined everything". In this case, though? Yeah, that's exactly what happened. I can see Eisenberg being an acquired taste but there's nothing else "wrong" with that movie, aside from the fact that it in no way tries to be "populist" popcorn entertainment. Since it wasn't TRYING to be a popcorn movie, I don't think it's fair to criticize it for not being something it's not even pretending to be.

There's admittedly the "All super-hero movies need to gross a billion dollars or else they failed" point, but as I've said a million times, why WB expected a guy who barely ever had one movie even gross HALF a billion dollars to suddenly start raking in cash just because his movie has Batman in it is a mystery to me. I mean even "Batman Begins" only cleared $350 million so even the "Just add Batman and watch the money pour in" idea is critically flawed. But that's WB for you. "The 'Watchmen' guy PLUS Batman = $$$$! We can't lose!" Yeah, that's their own fault for not checking their work.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:30 PM   #2140
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I mean even "Batman Begins" only cleared $350 million so even the "Just add Batman and watch the money pour in" idea is critically flawed.
To be fair, people were apprehensive at first after the the mixture between the bad taste left in everyone's mouths from Batman and Robin and also the doubts of this being a new Batman movie franchise that had nothing to do with the last 4 movies.

Actually I kinda think Batman Begins was the first big 'superhero remake/reboot' movie more in modern day. Like obviously a Superman movie had a greater chance of being a reboot since the Reeves movies were hella-old, but stuff like Batman and Spider-Man are recent enough it's always a big deal to hear that a new version is being made and whatnot.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote