The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #1
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Collecting during quarentine

As we seem to be coming out of the pandemic here in the US, restrictions are loosening. And I was even able to go to a live toy show a few months ago. During that trip and in talking to a few people since then it seems like collecting in general experienced a real boom as a result of the pandemic. So I thought it might be interesting to ask those of us here how our habits changed in the last 14 months and if you think you'll be returning to the old ways or not?

For me, the lull in product following the end of Rise of the TMNT and I ended up focusing more on the comics going into the pandemic. I'm also a long time fan/addict of Nintendo's Animal Crossing, so I sunk more hours into that vein of digital crack than I care to know. I've also still been buying tons of Marvel Legends figures and now way too many Transformers thanks to the focus back on G1 designs for the last few years. But I knew it was time to rope it in when I starting accumulating Rock Lords. These things were practically a joke of a toy in the 80's when they were produced. And somehow I've managed to put together a nearly complete collection of them in the last few months.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:46 AM   #2
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I’ve stopped collecting completely during the past 14 months. Probably not so much because of the pandemic, but because of a priority shift coupled with the fact that I collected 90 percent of what I wanted. I love and miss the experience of comic and toy shows though, so I’m looking forward to those starting back up again. It may spark a resurgence for me.

I love to see other people’s collections, and I miss the days where people were posting their collections here frequently.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:01 AM   #3
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I was in the oil field when it all hit and obviously was laid off. A year later, I’m now a stay at home dad for my 3 kids (6,5, and 1).

My collecting slowed down extensively at first, luckily dumb luck and crypto helped me grab the few items I liked.

It was a crap situation, but worked out in the end. I definitely see my kids 1000% more now. Which is awesome. I always missed the fun times previously.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I sold a lot, once inflation hits because of the covid checks and unemployment of last year as well as people start going out prices are going to plummet, they'll remain higher than prepandemic levels but not the outrageous prices everything went up to. I think inflation will hit hard by christmas.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote