The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #41
Alex
Foot Soldier

Pre-order! Oh yes! About $30 with shipping to Sweden

Yey for deleted scenes and alternate ending!

Collecting mostly TMNT comics, movies and games released in Sweden.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #42
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
but the artwork in the DVD and probably the menus will come in german (wich I can't understand at all).
Well the Menues wouldn't be a Problem!

To Start the Movie just press: "Starte Film" or "Film abspielen" (depending what the DVD Label will use)
For the Language Menue press "Sprache auswählen".
For the Extras press "Extras" or "Bonusmaterial"

Easy
Old 02-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #43
Ville Leskinen
Foot Soldier

Can't believe that this is finally coming out! It seems just a little weird that it's Germany out of all the countries...I'll be getting this for my birthday! Wicked. I'm pretty sure there will be a US and UK release sometime soon after.
Ville Leskinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #44
Donny
Foot Soldier

Well, I feel cheated. A few months ago I imported the Blu-ray anniversary box, which would be perfect for the bonus material. But now they give us this.....what a dirty trick!
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #45
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
Well the Menues wouldn't be a Problem!

To Start the Movie just press: "Starte Film" or "Film abspielen" (depending what the DVD Label will use)
For the Language Menue press "Sprache auswählen".
For the Extras press "Extras" or "Bonusmaterial"

Easy
Also, any German DVD I've imported has had the option at the outset of the menu to select either English or German menus.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #46
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Also, any German DVD I've imported has had the option at the outset of the menu to select either English or German menus.
Let me guess: You imported the Power Rangers BoxSets?

Yeah they were made especially for Fans arround the World - but sadly they didn't sell to well and we'll never get a Boxset to Lightspeed Rescue (the last "good" PR Season)
Old 02-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #47
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

I don't plan on buying this since I can't afford it but just the fact that we're FINALLY getting deleted scenes and the alternate ending for this movie is the best news ever. I can't believe we're finally going to get to see this stuff, hopefully some generous fan will share the deleted scenes with us. If not I'm still just happy knowing it's out there, and some day in the near future I'll get to watch it.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #48
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzien View Post
Pre-order! Oh yes! About $30 with shipping to Sweden

Yey for deleted scenes and alternate ending!
Anywhere else being sold? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #49
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

There is not enough profanity in the world to express how excited I am about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
1 Euro is $1.37 today, but it could be way more by the streetdate. But, just for this reason, I was recently thinking that maybe we should start a pool for this. One big order to import 'em and save on shipping, then a smaller shipping charge to send 'em to folks who want 'em in their collection. Perhaps charge a non-refundable 50% of the cover price as a deposit to get on the preorder. All that needs to be decided is who we entrust with this task. Me & Rose both have experience ordering from there, and I plan on getting an OT set from that country eventually (though I'll probably wait for Volumen 3). However, someone who does eBay sales a lot would probably be more capable than myself.

I'd be game for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #50
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Probably a stupid question, but Nickelodeon didn't have anything to do with this, did they?

Also, the second I know for sure this is legit and the deleted scenes/alternate ending are indeed in there, I'll definitely pick one up. Great news
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:15 AM   #51
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Probably a stupid question, but Nickelodeon didn't have anything to do with this, did they?
If you mean production-wise... well, I refuse to respond to that. But, if you mean, "did they get the movies in the buyout too?", I'm honestly not sure. That would make it a lot more reasonable that WB just hurried a Blu-Ray transfer out the door instead of waiting for all the amazing bonus material. But, if Winkler Films is the usual distributor for Warner movies in Germany, then I'd say, "no". Hud will have to answer that one for us though.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #52
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
I don't plan on buying this since I can't afford it but just the fact that we're FINALLY getting deleted scenes and the alternate ending for this movie is the best news ever. I can't believe we're finally going to get to see this stuff, hopefully some generous fan will share the deleted scenes with us.

I totally agree. If they sell the movie in the U.S. I will get it. Otherwise Youtube is my only hope…
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #53
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post

Also, the second I know for sure this is legit and the deleted scenes/alternate ending are indeed in there, I'll definitely pick one up. Great news
I can tell you its legit - I mailed the Winklerfilms about the Bonus and they told me that the got all of the Bonus Material when they acquired the rights to the Movie.
No, Nickelodeon has nothing to do with it! Winkler Film is an austrian/german independent DVD Label who releases Movies which do not have a german owner.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #54
Nelson
Stone Warrior

This is good news. However I may ask, does it truly include an alternate ending? As I iunderstand it, the ending would be the same, they would just include (separately) the scene that comes afterwards, in the comics company. The original ending is the only one that exists, where Shredder falls down the building, April and Casey kiss, the turtles dance, etc.

The only bad thing about this release (besides from being a Germany-only release) is that the new scenes will probably look very different from the rest of the film (grainy, with faded colors, etc,) so making an extended edition with final cut wouldn't result in a smooth looking and sounding movie...

Last edited by Nelson; 02-11-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #55
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
However I may ask, does it truly include an alternate ending? As I iunderstand it, the ending would be the same, they would just include (separately) the scene that comes afterwards, in the comics company.
...thusly rendering the official ending no longer the ending in a hypothetical 'extended cut'. Hence, "alternate". I can't even see the nit you're picking at here. You sure you aren't just imagining it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
[insert half-baked plan here]
I'd be game for this.
Thanks for the support, but I hadn't really thought that out. For such a thing to be worth the trouble, we'd need X number of units ordered (I'll do the math later), and I'm currently waiting for this item to be listed as an import on the Amazons of other countries' to determine if it would actually be cheaper after shipping. So, it's taking me a lot of restraint not to preorder right now, but check with me again in two weeks. Still, it's looking like I'll just have to order so many, then eBay off the duplicates at a minimum bid that won't go over all that well with the casual eBayer.

Last edited by gobo; 02-11-2010 at 10:00 AM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #56
Cowabunga Kiefer
Hench Mutant

Location: Born in Nashville, now I live in NYC. No TMNT sightings yet...
Very cool. I'm just curious about the alternate ending.....how could it end in any other way? Ha ha. Shredder wins this round, Danny gets shot in a drive-by, and Michael Bay adds explosions?
Cowabunga Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #57
ToTheNines
[sic]

If it's the one I heard about, it's more of an extended ending than an alternate.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #58
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
I can tell you its legit - I mailed the Winklerfilms about the Bonus and they told me that the got all of the Bonus Material when they acquired the rights to the Movie.
No, Nickelodeon has nothing to do with it! Winkler Film is an austrian/german independent DVD Label who releases Movies which do not have a german owner.
Ah, awesome thanks for clearing that up I assumed Nick had nothing to do with it but I just wanted to make sure. It would've been a nice way of saying "dont worry, we know what you want. youre in good hands" if they had arranged this, but whatever
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #59
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

Okay, I think I'm done coming to this forum. It only makes me pissed at how we can't have nice things because all the American owners are lazy asses (and now sell outs ).
Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
This is good news. However I may ask, does it truly include an alternate ending? As I iunderstand it, the ending would be the same, they would just include (separately) the scene that comes afterwards, in the comics company. The original ending is the only one that exists, where Shredder falls down the building, April and Casey kiss, the turtles dance, etc.
Correct. It would technically be an "Extended Ending," not an "Alternate Ending."
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases, live action films