The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-25-2021, 10:28 AM   #1
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Figure stands of choice?

I know a lot of the newer Super7 and Neca figures tend to be a bit top heavy and can topple. And if you're in CA and have a display, chances are even your old Playmates figures fall over from time to time during quakes.

My question is:

What stands do you use to pop into your figures foot peg holes?

Do you use different stands for Playmates, Super7, and NECA? Or all the same?
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #2
mikey see
Mad Scientist

The wall.

Sorry, that's not helpful. But if a figure can't stand on its own I either lean it against the wall in my display or put it back in the box. I've never liked figure stands... if a company can't manage to engineer a toy that can stand on its own then I don't care to pay more money to make it do so.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

The Playmates line is awkward but believe it or not the old school Star Wars figure stands give the Playmates line added stability and they are somewhat discreet when used for that application.....

As for most modern, boutique-style figures, the NECA stands do pretty well for making a solid platform. The only problem with the stands as circles is that they don't fit into square display applications.

I hope that helps. Take the images as photographic proof of the applications.

Last edited by IMJ; 01-26-2021 at 11:37 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:11 PM   #4
Adcatalano
Random Punk

Kaiser doll stands are what you’re looking for Neca figures

2075 - larger figures (bebop, triceratops, Traag, movie super shredder, etc)
20smb - taller figures with slimmer frames (movie Casey jones, shredder, foot soldier, also works well on movie turtles)
1175 - shorter figures (cartoon turtles, April, cartoon Casey, cartoon splinter, Baxter)
Adcatalano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
Kaiser doll stands are what you’re looking for Neca figures

2075 - larger figures (bebop, triceratops, Traag, movie super shredder, etc)
20smb - taller figures with slimmer frames (movie Casey jones, shredder, foot soldier, also works well on movie turtles)
1175 - shorter figures (cartoon turtles, April, cartoon Casey, cartoon splinter, Baxter)
I actually need a bunch of small Kaiser stands for my Secret Wars stuff because they don't have foot pegs.

The only NECA figure I've ever owned that doesn't respond well to standing on a NECA stand is Tokka. A doll stand would be appropriate for Baxter though, so you could maybe get him into a flight position.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:59 PM   #6
Dask
Mad Scientist

I finally discovered those NECA circular stands. They got the job done on my not-so-stable TMNT figures. All this time, I was wasting my time with those articulated stands that have many parts. Very flimsy for the most part.

I have a question that isn't related to TMNT but related to stands. Does anyone know the name the U-shaped stands that support the neck of NECA's Alien Queen? I need something similar to support my Eofauna Giganotosaurus. It keeps toppling over. It was fine for about a year, though.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote