The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have a problem with the Kraang?
Yes 25 37.88%
No 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 AM   #41
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

DAMNIT. I accidentally put no, but I meant I have no problem with the Kraang. Plan 10 was comedic Gold. I AM NOT A PIGEON, I AM A MAN
Old 07-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #42
rainbow-flyer
Mouser

I love the Kraang. When I first saw them, I feared that they were going to be really one-note but the occasional moments of Kraang sass and shades of other oddly human moments won me over. Plus I like that the comedic effect of the Kraang kinda makes me forget they are an actual threat, so when I see them being horrible(with Leatherhead, waiting until April was awake to torture her), it actually hits me pretty well. But I can see why people don't like 'em.
rainbow-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #43
THGhost
Puppet Master

The fact that they're all voiced by Nolan North makes them worth while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You say that as if ridiculously long breaks aren't common as hell.
They aren't, but without any knowledge as to when it's coming back? Now those are uncommon.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:13 PM   #44
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

As a pro-hivemind I think the Kraang is awesome and I love how they talk.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #45
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
People keep saying this, so where are they? It's been over 2 weeks since the last episode.

Wow two whole weeks. WOW.

You must be new.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #46
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
You must be new.
Thanks for the laugh. Not at all. I just want the show back on the air.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #47
PizzaFaceDelivers
Thug

I'm really conflicted about the Kraang... I like them as characters and their dialogue and mannerisms almost always make me laugh... but for the most part their episodes are my least favorite. It's strange. I guess it's because they all seem so similar. Kraang do some experimenting, Turtles break into their lab, fight ensues, monster/tech goes haywire, something explodes, and everyone goes home. Lather, rinse, repeat. I'm honestly really hoping that the triceratons show up and are antagonistic towards the Kraang so that we can shake up the formula a little. We'll see I suppose...

Check out my TMNT Tumblr!

Last edited by PizzaFaceDelivers; 07-14-2014 at 10:45 PM.
PizzaFaceDelivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #48
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFaceDelivers View Post
I'm honestly really hoping that the triceratons show up and are antagonistic towards the Kraang so that we can shake up the formula a little. We'll see suppose...
Yes. Please!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #49
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yes. Please!
Yes, bring these guys on! I'd love to see if they are hostile enemies to the Kraang. I'm wondering if these guys have that penchant for trying to terraform planets too, or if they'd do that old classic of just enslaving humans.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #50
Raphtastic
Random Punk

I like the Kraang--they have a very Tim Burton/Mars Attacks thing going on aesthetically and they're amusing. But I also agree with most of the people in this thread that they are sorely lacking in development and are starting to become one note as season 2 wears on. We need to see their motivation.

And I'm hoping we will, given that the mystery with April and her mother has yet to be fully explored.

As a long time Mirage and 4Kids fan, I wouldn't mind seeing the Utrom again. It'd be pretty cool if the Kraang were some kind of faction that went crazy with the scientific experiments to become the weird, evil hive mind that is attempting to take over Earth.
Raphtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #51
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I noticed how some feel that the Kraang are getting stale and stuff as they feel very one-note as their reason for wanting to take over earth hasn't really been established. I can understand why many would be frustrated with that, but I was wondering about something. The Nick series is pretty much a throwback to quite a few previous incarnations, like the OT and Archie series, of course. I was thinking back to Krang's objective for that and how he wanted to rule earth. I was under the impression that his kind had conquered many other dimensions or attacked many before being stuck on earth.

Maybe the Kraang, for this series, are a bit like the Triceratons (OT version, anyway). They just want to conquer all places and just rule over everything...like some dictatorish place. That's plausible, isn't it? Since there will be a Dimension X story next season, I'm kind of expecting the Kraangs' objective to be expanded on or revealed, even if it's only a little.

Does anyone else feel this way?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #52
lucapoison
Mouser

The Way they talk is really funny.
Personally I didn't like so much the concept of the Robot Krang of the first TMNT series...He was so idiotic and irritating in a bad way. The Utroms were interesting but never get the cool side of having this alien race to invade the eath in this strange way.

This "Kraangs" in The Manhattan project episode for example are deadly and scary in the way they act. I prefer this version of the Kra(a)ng(s)
lucapoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #53
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh. Not at all. I just want the show back on the air.
We all do but considering that Japan literally just got the series, nearly two years after it started in the USA, I really don't think any of us Westerners should be complaining about airing breaks.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:36 AM   #54
snake
Disgusting

I don't like them in s2, but in s1 they were pretty cool.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #55
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
We all do but considering that Japan literally just got the series, nearly two years after it started in the USA, I really don't think any of us Westerners should be complaining about airing breaks.
But unlike the US, they probably won't have any breaks since that's the way they do their programming here. If a series has 25 episodes, then that means 25 weeks of eps. If it's 52 eps, that's 52 weeks of episodes. That's my impression anyway.

That aside, it's not really comparable, is it? It's a new series here. I wonder how many even knew of it prior.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #56
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
You need to understand that Japan aren't western though, so it's no surprise that they're behind.

These last 4 episodes must really be something special since they're taking extra long to air. Looking forward to 'em.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 AM   #57
The Vernon
Random Punk

I hate their designs and I still hate their designs. You would think that an army of brain-look-alike creatures would think to have more face diversity than this one stinkin' lame face. But... there is that older woman robot Kraang. I think she was first introduced as a librarian, who April I think fought against (did she have a name?). I don't quite remember now though.

I actually don't mind her design too much. But the humanoid-man design just plain sucks. That's what I'm not happy about with the Kraang. When I first watched the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles, I was watching a scene with The Kraang. I thought to myself that this was some kind of amateur animation of some sort.

I think their retarded dialogue makes up for it somehow though.
The Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:17 AM   #58
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
But unlike the US, they probably won't have any breaks since that's the way they do their programming here. If a series has 25 episodes, then that means 25 weeks of eps. If it's 52 eps, that's 52 weeks of episodes. That's my impression anyway.

That aside, it's not really comparable, is it? It's a new series here. I wonder how many even knew of it prior.
This. They are good in hands, though I am glad we did start early. These breaks aren't even that bad IMO.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:27 AM   #59
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
This. They are good in hands, though I am glad we did start early. These breaks aren't even that bad IMO.
That's true, if you want an example of Nick and insane breaks, look at how they treat Power Rangers (Normally a March to September hiatus)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:35 AM   #60
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I really enjoy the Kraang, the banter between them is amazing, but after the Technodorme got sunk, they've kinda lost a bit of their drive, and seem to struggle to stand up and continue their terraforming plans.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dregghasmorestayingpower, kraang, krang, nick, nickelodeon, utrom