The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #1341
inaheap
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I kind of like how it's a limited collectible. Not that it's fun but part of collecting if owning something that's valuable. Either hard to find or unique.
I certainly hope there won't be bootlegs. It's one thing a lot of people get a set. Another thing that some 3rd party are profiting from other peoples work.
I like the idea of limited collectibles. I feel like they should be something really interesting and unique that a collector will really really want, but can live without. Not something that would be a grail piece in there collection. Which these are for a lot of people.

I would prefer NECA get these out to all collectors themselves. But if that doesn't happen, It would be nice if they were able to get them some how.

I guess I'm just a softy who wants everyone that wants to be able to enjoy these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Regarding Knock offs, did they ever do the 8-piece FW set on the knock off market? I don't recall ever seeing it? If that never saw light of day then I doubt we'll see this set unfortunately...
I think there may have been a few figures sold individually. But not many. I wonder if they just stuck with the arcade and NYCC sets since they shared many of the same bodies and parts.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 08-15-2018 at 12:08 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:14 PM   #1342
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Regarding Knock offs, did they ever do the 8-piece FW set on the knock off market? I don't recall ever seeing it? If that never saw light of day then I doubt we'll see this set unfortunately...
They never released a KO FW set, Turtles or villains. (Which again sucks cause those foot soldiers are perfect).
They have the arcade set for pretty cheap and the NYCC foot set for a little steeper of a price.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #1343
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Last update, THEY'RE HERE

MyUS was a godsend, everything worked smoothly, even though FedEX cost me an extra 40€ for doing absolutely nothing , but that still beats feeding those disgusting scalpers, and in the end I still got them, and they're almost perfect, Raph as a slightly wonky eye and Mikey has a small paint rub on his bandana, but they're not that noticeble and I'm happy with my set so no need to cry myself for not being able to get replacements.

All in all hopefully others can get their hands on these, one way or another, either through an official worldwide release or through those good people on the China factories
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM   #1344
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I like the idea of limited collectibles. I feel like they should be something really interesting and unique that a collector will really really want, but can live without. Not something that would be a grail piece in there collection. Which these are for a lot of people.

I would prefer NECA get these out to all collectors themselves. But if that doesn't happen, It would be nice if they were able to get them some how.

I guess I'm just a softy who wants everyone that wants to be able to enjoy these.

I think there may have been a few figures sold individually. But not many. I wonder if they just stuck with the arcade and NYCC sets since they shared many of the same bodies and parts.
I feel you. But Playmates also made some pretty good movie figures with fun accessories. Not perfect but I did like them. Will look great with some additional paint.

I am fortunate that NECA did try to get these figures out for more people to enjoy. The online sales was a blessing. Sure it sold out fast but better than nothing right.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM   #1345
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Ugh. Well, the movie TMNTs have it ebay UK. The prices are already at £300-500. Sigh.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM   #1346
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Last update, THEY'RE HERE

MyUS was a godsend, everything worked smoothly, even though FedEX cost me an extra 40€ for doing absolutely nothing , but that still beats feeding those disgusting scalpers, and in the end I still got them, and they're almost perfect, Raph as a slightly wonky eye and Mikey has a small paint rub on his bandana, but they're not that noticeble and I'm happy with my set so no need to cry myself for not being able to get replacements.

All in all hopefully others can get their hands on these, one way or another, either through an official worldwide release or through those good people on the China factories
The people bootlegging these in Chinese factories aren't "good people." They are thieves. Plain and simple. They are pirating something that is copyrighted for their own selfish gain.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #1347
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
The people bootlegging these in Chinese factories aren't "good people." They are thieves. Plain and simple. They are pirating something that is copyrighted for their own selfish gain.
I disagree. They are providing for fans who have no other means of getting the set, and taking no money from Neca, in the meantime.

Scalping is worse. It deprives people of getting the set unless they can afford to pay outrageous prices.

One makes people happy, the other makes people sad.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM   #1348
I Like Turtles
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I disagree. They are providing for fans who have no other means of getting the set, and taking no money from Neca, in the meantime.

Scalping is worse. It deprives people of getting the set unless they can afford to pay outrageous prices.

100 percent agree with this.
I Like Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #1349
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQlKpdVf2Z0
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #1350
Powder
Salami Origami

Quote:

This X1000
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #1351
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:

You're soooo wrong.

At least NECA and Nickelodeon have been paid for the sets that were scalped. The bootlegged sets use an image that is owned by Nickelodeon and a mold that NECA designed and paid for, hence NECA is owed something for every movie turtle produced. If paying your dues/paying what is owed to Nickelodeon and NECA makes you "sad," if not breaking the law makes you "sad," you have a much bigger problem.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM   #1352
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
You're soooo wrong.

At least NECA and Nickelodeon have been paid for the sets that were scalped. The bootlegged sets use an image that is owned by Nickelodeon and a mold that NECA designed and paid for, hence NECA is owed something for every movie turtle produced. If paying your dues/paying what is owed to Nickelodeon and NECA makes you "sad," if not breaking the law makes you "sad," you have a much bigger problem.
This is a reading comprehension issue on your end.

Paying Neca fee’s doesn’t make me sad. Paying Scalper fee’s makes me sad. I think that’s clear in my previous post.

Neca will receive as much due money as possible given the rules in place by Playmates/Nickelodeon and the fact that it’s completely sold out. Bootlegging this product doesn’t harm them whatsoever.

In fact, it would only potentially harm scalpers. Interesting.

Last edited by AquaParade; Yesterday at 09:59 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #1353
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This is a reading comprehension issue on your end.

Paying Neca fee’s doesn’t make me sad. Paying Scalper fee’s makes me sad. I think that’s clear in my previous post.

Neca will receive as much due money as possible given the rules in place by Playmates/Nickelodeon and the fact that it’s completely sold out. Bootlegging this product doesn’t harm them whatsoever.

100%!

Randy has stated that NECA will never again produce these 7” scale movie turtles. That means they won’t make another penny off of this mold.
How on earth does it hurt NECA if a 3rd party produces knockoffs?

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM   #1354
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant

Quote:

You are of course failing to account for the unforeseeable future. Some day, NECA could get approval to re-use the molds and re-release or update. But if everyone has procured the bootlegs instead by then, NECA probably won't be making as many sales on that future project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Randy has stated that NECA will never again produce these 7” scale movie turtles.
This is marketing speak. You do not know whether that is true or false, and neither does Randy.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #1355
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Sure, there can be long term repercussions on supporting the bootleg industry. Just look at the BJD hobby and how recasts are screwing them over. But, when it comes to bigger toy companies they're not hurting due to bootlegs in the same capacity.

The bootleggers did over producer Mirage Turtles so much NECA don't see a reason to re-release them, so there's that.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; Yesterday at 12:40 PM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #1356
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I didn't realize the trading cards were different. I assumed you got a set amount...that everyone got the same handful of cards. Not sure if I want to open mine or not.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #1357
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
You are of course failing to account for the unforeseeable future. Some day, NECA could get approval to re-use the molds and re-release or update. But if everyone has procured the bootlegs instead by then, NECA probably won't be making as many sales on that future project.

This is marketing speak. You do not know whether that is true or false, and neither does Randy.
I don’t see some bootlegs taking away from the absolutely crazy sales these figures are achieving. They’ve literally been selling out in seconds. But in theory, I see what you’re saying.
Old Today, 02:01 AM   #1358
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

If I've got the choice between dropping £100 on a set of knockoffs that are indistinguishable from the genuine article, or spending a month's rent on buying the real thing from some scummy piece of sh!t like our scalper pal up there, I know exactly what I'm doing.

Of course, the best scenario would be to buy them at a reasonable price from NECA, but they've ensured that that's not an option.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 AM   #1359
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

you guys act as if these genuine sets will cost a months rent for ever. once a few months pass the prices will eventually go down and some point they will probably cost about the same as NECA charged. probably making bootlegging useless

im on the side of not bootlegging these as someone is still continuing to make money off someone else work. i mean if you wrote a song that made the top charts and someone re wrote your song and started making money off it you would want royalties wouldn't you?

even if NECA made their money from the sales thus far they are still entitled to the money that would be made selling more
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote