The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have kids?
Yes I have kids and am a parent 11 35.48%
No, I do not have kids but I'd like to have some and be a parent in the future 9 29.03%
No, I do not have kids and never want kids. No plans to ever be a parent 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
CyberCubed is just like the Fred Wolf Turtles. All he knows about humans is from what he sees on TV
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think a couple of phrases are in order here. "Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction."

And, "Life imitates art." Or is it, "Art imitates life?" I know it's one of those two.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #43
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I'm not gonna have kids since I have Sickle Cell. It would be irresponsible of me to pass those genes.
Would adoption be out of the question?

As for me, the only kids I'm interested in having are of the feline and canine variety. I already have one of the former.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:01 PM   #44
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So it's like one of those movies or TV shows where the main character wakes up in a strange bed, looks around in a daze and says, "Where am I? How did I get here? What did I do last night? Aw, crap."

And then the person removes the sheets and finds themselves naked, sees some girl walk by, and then grabs his jeans and runs out of there. I think I've seen this movie 50 times over.

Yeah, man. It's exactly like that
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #45
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I dunno why more women aren't scared of having kids. Pregnancy and labour seem very rough.
Having gone through it, I can honestly say that yes, it is. I had morning, noon, AND night sickness for the entire term. Lost ten lbs in about three days, a week after I first found out. And it took me the entire 8 months remaining to gain it back. By the time I went into labor, I was only 3 lbs over my NORMAL weight. And half of that ten lbs was her. So I regained only about 7 &1/2 lbs. And my NORMAL weight is only around 95-96 lbs to begin with.

Ob-Gyn told me I would have no problem with a natural birth, and tried to convince me (at 30 yrs old mind you) not to have my tubes tied as I wanted to because she apparently thought that even though I stated flat out from the beginning that it had been unplanned and that I intended to give it up for adoption, that I might somehow at that age change my mind and regret the tubal ligation later on. She was an idiot. Not only was I still fighting to get her to do the ligation literally while in labor, but my baby got her head stuck in my pelvis and had to be delivered C-section- just as I had told the Dr. all along that I would need to. Top it all off, her estimation of my conception date was off by about two weeks, as I knew for a FACT when I had conceived! Her due date was also off by about a week. Baby came out "overcooked" and my original estimate proved correct. I had to split the difference and self-induce via an herbal tea. So she ended up an Equinix baby.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #46
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

^
Meanwhile in the case for "US maternity care sucks"
Especially in Texas.

If there's one thing I need to do before having kids, it's getting the fvck out of Texas...for more reasons than just that, but it's one reason. I want my kids to have snow in the winter, please and thank you.

Spoiler:
Even with the intention of home birth/going to a birth center attended by a midwife...which is pretty good in Texas as far as I'm aware.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #47
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

To be fair, she was the only Ob in the area I lived in at the time who took Medicaid. So there's that to consider. Obstetric care is much better in larger cities, since there are more choices for whom to see. I was just unlucky enough to get one who thought she knew better than me, and didn't want to listen to my needs.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #48
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Those are all actually some of the exact reasons for maternity care being so bad in Texas! Because there aren't enough resources spread around, especially in small cities and rural areas.

Which actually has ended up with a lot of women dying because those particular hospitals are more prepared to take care of infant emergencies than maternal emergencies.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:45 PM   #49
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I'd just be happy if more women here had access to proper birth control and abortion services if they need it. One reason I hate being in a Red state....

Old 01-03-2018, 08:47 PM   #50
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

And the point keeps getting sharper and the web more intertwined.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:13 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm also baffled why poor people have so many kids. Like those mothers on welfare with 4-5 children. Like...maybe if you didn't have so many kids to feed and clothe, you probably wouldn't be in this situation. Is it really that hard to make sure your partner is wearing a condom or use birth control pills?

It's baffling really. I understand some of this happens when people are teenagers, and you see teenage parents at only 17-18, but that's just as bad.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:15 AM   #52
Ninjinister
無問題

I had a foster daughter of sorts. I miss her.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:22 AM   #53
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
I'm also baffled why poor people have so many kids. Like those mothers on welfare with 4-5 children. Like...maybe if you didn't have so many kids to feed and clothe, you probably wouldn't be in this situation. Is it really that hard to make sure your partner is wearing a condom or use birth control pills?

It's baffling really. I understand some of this happens when people are teenagers, and you see teenage parents at only 17-18, but that's just as bad.
Because of lack of access to birth control, whatever those reasons may be. Because birth control pills are expensive and in many states, require doctor's permission (and sometimes recommendation) to take. Because they're not educated enough to seek out any form of birth control, are scared to because of the environment they live in, or just outright refuse to because of religion or deep-set personal pride. Because accidents happen and they're not able to terminate but also don't want to adopt out a child for any reason at all.

Also, most of these people DO work. With multiple jobs, usually between both parents. But they're not able to find jobs that will pay them well enough to support the family they've ended up with regardless of the circumstances in which that family was gained.

A lot of it comes down to location and resource scarcity.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:08 AM   #54
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, it's just what they're used to. I'd imagine a lot of those people already come from big enough families. Thinking with England in mind, there was a huge baby boom following the Blitz in London, and a lot of the children from that time are grandparents now. Who, even with birth control being a thing, might still have decided to have their own large families even with better housing than their parents did. And so on and so forth to the current generation of people having children.

Thank you, Jennifer Worth for providing a massive infodump of family life in London's East End in the late 50's.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #55
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

No kids here, and don't want any. I've had my fill with babies and toddlers with my brothers.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:51 AM   #56
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:

Because a lot of guys refuse to use one, for various reasons, which mostly boils down to thinking it is "the woman's responsibility". As if his own role has nothing to do with it. It is backward thinking, but a woman can't force her partner to wear one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Because of lack of access to birth control, whatever those reasons may be. Because birth control pills are expensive and in many states, require doctor's permission (and sometimes recommendation) to take. Because they're not educated enough to seek out any form of birth control, are scared to because of the environment they live in, or just outright refuse to because of religion or deep-set personal pride. Because accidents happen and they're not able to terminate but also don't want to adopt out a child for any reason at all.

Also, most of these people DO work. With multiple jobs, usually between both parents. But they're not able to find jobs that will pay them well enough to support the family they've ended up with regardless of the circumstances in which that family was gained.

A lot of it comes down to location and resource scarcity.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #57
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

Because sex isn't just for rich people. (Nor is it just for men.) But reasonable access to birth control, sex ed., etc. doesn't seem to be allowed to be "for" everyone. (Excluding those who do have reasonable access but are simply foolish.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:01 AM   #58
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Because a lot of guys refuse to use one, for various reasons, which mostly boils down to thinking it is "the woman's responsibility". As if his own role has nothing to do with it. It is backward thinking, but a woman can't force her partner to wear one.
Uh yeah, she can.

A man who ignores a woman's directive for him to wear a condom is committing rape. The "natural male right" to have sex without a condom is bullsh!t.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #59
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Uh yeah, she can.

A man who ignores a woman's directive for him to wear a condom is committing rape. The "natural male right" to have sex without a condom is bullsh!t.
And I'm sure any dude forcing a woman into bareback sex is going to want to pause in the act to hear all about how his world view is bullsh!t.

See also "stealthing".

There's a whole lot of people out there who believe that Consent is a Grey Area. A Blurred Line, if you will.
And those folks don't see themselves as being capable of sexual assault, let alone see that some of their actions constitute rape.

Hence the #MeToo movement.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I'd just be happy if more women here had access to proper birth control and abortion services if they need it. One reason I hate being in a Red state....
Yeah, I'm more than OK with birth control being widely available. Even the Morning After Pill. All of it. Put it out there, everywhere. All the time. Force it on people, in some cases.

Quote:
I'm also baffled why poor people have so many kids. Like those mothers on welfare with 4-5 children. Like...maybe if you didn't have so many kids to feed and clothe, you probably wouldn't be in this situation.
A lot of them ("welfare queens") love it and live for it. Especially around February when they get their big $20,000 tax check for all of the rugrats.

Quote:
Is it really that hard to make sure your partner is wearing a condom or use birth control pills?
It really shouldn't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Because of lack of access to birth control, whatever those reasons may be.
While true, still... I mean, c'mon. You can religiously pull out every time and be just fine. It's not very fun, but you can do it. And for everyone that says, "But the pre-cum! She can totally get pregnant from it!"... people I've met or heard who religiously pull-out and still actually got a woman pregnant: 0.

It's always "it was just the one time!" or "she'd been taking the pill, I don't get it!"

Quote:
Because birth control pills are expensive and in many states, require doctor's permission (and sometimes recommendation) to take.
Really? That's dumb. You know what almost never works, though? The pill.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a day inside may, andrew likes tags, cubed monkeys around, plastron comes back, plastron goes quiet