The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-19-2022, 06:51 AM   #41
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It really can't be overstated how many people are all-in on anything and everything with an MCU label on it.
Yeeeeeah... It's fandom tribalism, and brand name loyalty.

I've seen it for both the DC and Marvel sides, though I think it's gotten worse over the years, and people are radicalized on it exactly like with politics. They refuse to see the movies/shows on a case-by-case basis, and just consume then adore everything on 'their side'.

I used to like the MCU...because I happened to think the movies were fun and entertaining. I was never like...foaming at the mouth over them, and when I found them flawed, I wasn't afraid to talk about them. I think the MCU is really bad now compared to, like, five years ago. DC isn't much better either, honestly, aside from some exceptions (same with Marvel, I suppose). I think both Disney and WB have no idea what they're doing with either franchise.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:40 PM   #42
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

This trailer sucked. That's it, it just sucked. Who is this series catering to?
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:38 PM   #43
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
This trailer sucked. That's it, it just sucked. Who is this series catering to?
The MCU fanatics that can see them do no wrong.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 06:52 PM   #44
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 07-23-2022, 06:59 PM   #45
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

MCU shills: Hey look everybody! A new Marvel installment!

Literally everyone else: Nobody cares!

As far as I’m concerned, the MCU ended at “Endgame”. Nothing after that has impressed me so far, except “Spider-Man NWH” but only because Tobey Maguire was back and once again nailed it as Spider-Man.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:46 AM   #46
NightwingBegins
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

As far as I’m concerned, the MCU ended at “Endgame”. Nothing after that has impressed me so far, except “Spider-Man NWH” but only because Tobey Maguire was back and once again nailed it as Spider-Man.
That's about how I feel. Except I didn't care for No Way Home and only liked Garfield in it. Then again, I'm far from a Toby Spidey fan. Organic Webshooters? Pshhh...
NightwingBegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:58 AM   #47
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightwingBegins View Post
Then again, I'm far from a Toby Spidey fan. Organic Webshooters? Pshhh...
Well, there is one advantage to having organic webshooters: you never have to reload like you would with the regular webshooters. Of course, if you’re having an existential crisis, the organic webshooters might stop working.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:56 AM   #48
Sumac
Banned

Still looks like a CGI character.
Which is weird.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 11:59 AM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

For me...

Marvel: "Come watch our She-Hulk show!"

Me: "No."

Marvel: "How about if we add Abomination?"

Me: "Still no."

Marvel: "How about if we add Daredevil, in costume and in action played by Charlie Cox?"

Me: "Still n -- f***. OK, fine."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 12:00 PM   #50
AquaParade
Banned

I’m really anxious to see how Daredevil turns out. Since it’s such a direct hand-off from the Netflix show, it’s going to be held up to a lot of scrutiny. I see that as a good thing.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #51
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

This is similar to my feelings as well. But I live my lectures - haven't paid to see a Marvel flick I think since Endgame. Too many on-your-nose dumpster fire cliches (can you say the entire Black Widow flick), too many on-your-nose replacement agendas (Hawkeye, F&TWS) and too many hyped entries that were way underwhelming (Dr. Strange 2).

Actually the only 2 Marvel shows that I even sat through were Wandavision (which I thought was pretty good - and Monica Rambeau was an awesome standout in that one) and Falcon which went south when it preached across the 3rd wall that "America will never accept a black Captain America"... on a show.... being broadcast to America... literally about a black Captain America. So at that moment they lost my financial involvement for anything related to that pretty much now and forever.

How about that level of bull$#!( for the mouth-breathers to take in? A show about a black Captain America that roots itself in some mythically evil-America and lectures the viewers in the real world about a society not ready for a Black Captain America, ironically to a society in real life watching a show about a Black Captain America. F'n idiots. And the f'n idiots who watched it and went "yeah we changed things with our show! -barf-. It's like... the show is on the air. But lecturing you about how the concept itself couldn't be made or received in modern America. And you believe the lie and therefore actually cause a hate problem to an invisible enemy, and furthermore do it while giving the showrunners money for doing it.

She-Hulk hasn't lost me yet though. It looks entertaining and it's another character I've liked since probably around 1989 or so. So I'll check that one out until it jumps the shark with the now typical MCU agenda bull$#!(.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 02:43 PM   #52
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
She-Hulk hasn't lost me yet though. It looks entertaining and it's another character I've liked since probably around 1989 or so. So I'll check that one out until it jumps the shark with the now typical MCU agenda bull$#!(.
Well, I really do hope that it lives up to your expectations. But, and I really hate to say this, don’t get your hopes up. The Marvel today isn’t the same Marvel that we grew up with. It’s their Marvel. And don’t get me wrong, it started out great and it stayed that way up until “Captain Marvel” (blegh).
Old 07-25-2022, 02:47 PM   #53
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
For me...

Marvel: "How about if we add Daredevil, in costume and in action played by Charlie Cox?"

You know what? I ain’t gonna judge you. I wasn’t going to go see “Spider-Man NWH” until I knew for certain that Tobey would be in it and back in his old Spidey suit.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:35 PM   #54
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Well, I really do hope that it lives up to your expectations. But, and I really hate to say this, don’t get your hopes up. The Marvel today isn’t the same Marvel that we grew up with. It’s their Marvel. And don’t get me wrong, it started out great and it stayed that way up until “Captain Marvel” (blegh).
It's very difficult to disagree with, or even qualify this with anything else at all. Marvel has definitely gone full on post Gen X and into the communist-drone mentality of the Power Rangers and younger generation for sure.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 03:49 PM   #55
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
For me...

Still a no for me.

Also just realized that they're pretty much treating Banner as She Hulk. Hulk form 24/7, keeping his Banner personality? That's she-hulk's thing. They literally made she-hulk redundant.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-26-2022, 01:19 AM   #56
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'm hoping Disney doesn't do what they did with 20th Century Fox and try to buy them out just for the rights to the Hulk movies. Still surprises me how Paramount willing sold the movie rights of the Iron Man films to them.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:22 AM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I'm hoping Disney doesn't do what they did with 20th Century Fox and try to buy them out just for the rights to the Hulk movies. Still surprises me how Paramount willing sold the movie rights of the Iron Man films to them.
Disney buying Universal? Wouldn't ever happen. But maybe buying away their exclusive rights to solo Hulk movies. Though I'm not even sure the legalese of what the language of the present deal between Universal and Marvel/Disney entails. Like, JUST solo Bruce Banner Hulk movies? Could they do a She-Hulk movie?

Even the Sony deal isn't clear to me. Is the nature of their deal with Marvel/Disney stopping them from doing ANY Spider-Man movie that isn't a Marvel-led one, while this is in play? Like, could they dump out a Spider-Gwen movie? Or a Miles movie, completely independent of Marvel, right now? Or what? What are the guidelines?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 02:45 PM   #58
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE0JJExAiSw

It’sAGundam nailed it
Old 08-06-2022, 11:15 AM   #59
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 08-06-2022, 12:13 PM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

When the CGI of the main characters sucks balls, bring on the cameos.