The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-29-2022, 05:13 AM   #61
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
And it still barely counts since we care more about watching the former Fox characters than anyone from the actual MCU.
This is like if your dad brings you home an awesome Christmas gift and you reply with “well, it’s not like you made this figure dad. Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman created the TMNT back in the 80’s and Playmates made this toy. You are on thin ice. Shoutout to Kevin and Peter for this awesome gift!”

If this is a great movie, you’re going to give the win to “Fox”?

Weren’t you basically done with the MCU a couple days ago? How does that square with this movie? Will you see it or not? Because this movie is going to come out, like, five years post Endgame/FFH, which you deemed “the end” for you and many others. Although I wouldn’t use the word “many” because this movie likely makes over one billion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
They are probably gonna pull some multiverse thing where we'll get a version of Wolverine from the Multiverse, and won't be the one from Logan.

Multiverse of Madness gave us Prof X, But he wasn't the Fox universe version, As he had the chair from the animated series.

Also remember that Deadpool stole Cable's time travelling device at the end of Deadpool 2.

But they can do something like he learns some of that Doctor Strange magic that opens portals, and maybe that's how he plucks Wolverine from his universe to the MCU.
Very possible but I think it’d be cool if this is the Wolverine we know, just plucked from earlier in the timeline. It’s just fun to have that extra history, but I suppose at the end of the day, it won’t matter much to me. Especially because we will probably be laughing too much to really care, if we are invested in this movie. It can get away with a lot, being a Deadpool film.

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-29-2022 at 06:36 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:42 AM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Very possible but I think it’d be cool if this is the Wolverine we know, just plucked from earlier in the timeline.
I don't think there's any reason to suspect it's anything other than this.

And about the MCU, it's in no danger of dying or going away or rebooting for the foreseeable future and then some. What used to be is every MCU project -- for the most part -- has a guarantee of being at least "pretty decent" if not super enjoyable. Now, we're going to continue to see a lot of "meh" stuff but occasionally get a "WHOA!" project that makes everyone not worry so much about the "meh" stuff.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:45 AM   #63
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't think there's any reason to suspect it's anything other than this.

And about the MCU, it's in no danger of dying or going away or rebooting for the foreseeable future and then some. What used to be is every MCU project -- for the most part -- has a guarantee of being at least "pretty decent" if not super enjoyable. Now, we're going to continue to see a lot of "meh" stuff but occasionally get a "WHOA!" project that makes everyone not worry so much about the "meh" stuff.
Yeah but so far the only 'WHOA' projects are the 'guest star' projects like No Way Home and DP3, which was still gonna be a guest star movie even without Hugh since DP is still Reynolds and obviously DP 1 and 2 still happened to him.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #64
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
If this is a great movie, you’re going to give the win to “Fox”?
Still a 'guest star' movie. Not like anyone would care that much if DP and Wolverine we're recast abd rebooted. Curious maybe, but obviously the major draw here are Reynolds and Jackman.

Yeah the MCU owns the license now but you know DP3 is MCU in name only.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-29-2022, 10:08 AM   #65
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Still a 'guest star' movie. Not like anyone would care that much if DP and Wolverine we're recast abd rebooted. Curious maybe, but obviously the major draw here are Reynolds and Jackman.

Yeah the MCU owns the license now but you know DP3 is MCU in name only.
But I'm still curious if you plan on seeing this, because I feel like that really weakens the idea that the MCU has reached it's "end for you and many others after Endgame", if you're interested in seeing this movie, which comes 5 years after Endgame/FFH. Sorry to press, but I feel like that and the fact that you enjoyed NWH undercuts your point.

I don't think this being a "guest star" movie is a reason to not give the MCU credit for it. They are still the ones responsible for making it happen.

Without Marvel, it's very unlikely that Hugh was going to come back. He initially said a few years ago that it would be the only way he'd want to play Wolverine again - if it were in the MCU.

Also, people seem excited to see Deadpool be able to interact with the Marvel universe.
I can't tell you how many spitball ideas I've read about "Durr Deadpool should say *insert really bad fourth wall joke* to *insert beloved MCU character*"

So I can't accept that this is MCU in name only. Feige got the guy to come back. Reynolds tried for years at Fox. Fans have been wanting to see Deadpool in the MCU for a while.

I'm just not understanding the "guest star" caveat - so what? If it's a good thing, it's a good thing.

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-29-2022 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:53 PM   #66
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

OG Wolverine in the MCU??? Best news I've read all week!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:37 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why do I get the feeling this is going to transform into a No way home for the Fox X-men cast? I bet a few months from now we'll be hearing Patrick Stewart will be in this, followed by Cyclops/Jean/Storm's actors. Halle Berry is still young enough.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:41 PM   #68
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

With these two together, I can see the 3rd movie being a buddy cop comedy.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:42 PM   #69
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why do I get the feeling this is going to transform into a No way home for the Fox X-men cast?
That would only work if they establish and introduce the actual MCU X-Men first.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:09 PM   #70
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why do I get the feeling this is going to transform into a No way home for the Fox X-men cast? I bet a few months from now we'll be hearing Patrick Stewart will be in this, followed by Cyclops/Jean/Storm's actors. Halle Berry is still young enough.
Eh, I don't think so. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine gets a special pass because he's the most popular mutant. They already did the thing with Patrick Stewart, and anything with the other X-Men actors would just be dragging up old news

Quote:
That would only work if they establish and introduce the actual MCU X-Men first.
Not necessarily; and I don't think they actually can until 2025 when current actor contracts expire. Anyone already cast in one of the main X-men roles has priority or something until the contract term is up apparently. So I don't think we'll see any REAL mutant action in the MCU til then. I do think they'll continue to seed new mutants in the MCU (like they just did on today's episode of She-Hulk) but we won't see the OG X-men team members since they've previously been cast for the Fox movies until 2025 or later
Old 09-29-2022, 05:36 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Not necessarily; and I don't think they actually can until 2025 when current actor contracts expire.
That again? That can't be a real thing. Multi-picture contracts only work in one direction: if a studio signs a multi-picture deal with an actor in X role, that means if the studio WANTS to use them in additional X number of movies in X role, then they can force them to if they want to. The studio does not HAVE to use them in X role (like, let's say you make a 3 picture deal with an actor to play Cyclops, but before the third movie can start playing Cyclops again, he puts on 300 pounds... now the studio HAS to use him as Cyclops, reagrdless? no, that's insane, that's not how these work). There is no agreements the other way around in Hollywood, ever.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

TJ Miller says he'll never work with Ryan Reynolds again:

Old 10-05-2022, 09:24 PM   #73
AquaParade
Banned

Didn’t TJ Miller call the police and say a woman, whom he’d gotten in an argument with, had a bomb?
Old 10-05-2022, 09:43 PM   #74
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Didn’t TJ Miller call the police and say a woman, whom he’d gotten in an argument with, had a bomb?
Him being super drunk and something about a bus as well, I think.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:20 PM   #75
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Do to Blade being delayed

Deadpool 3 goes from 9/6/24 to 11/8/24

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/s...04137306963968
Old 10-11-2022, 02:47 PM   #76
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Do to Blade being delayed

Deadpool 3 goes from 9/6/24 to 11/8/24

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/s...04137306963968
Rofl. The **** cares about Blade in comparison to Deadpool? One of the biggest issues with making these movies too interconnected. Also a lot of these issues are usually because they have to make sure the movie is woke enough.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:11 PM   #77
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I think this is more so just another case of them putting the cart before the horse, yet again. Stop announcing a ****ing movie when literally all you have is the title
Old 10-11-2022, 05:26 PM   #78
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I think this is more so just another case of them putting the cart before the horse, yet again. Stop announcing a ****ing movie when literally all you have is the title
They were doing OK with that until the end of Phase 2, anyway.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:39 PM   #79
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
They were doing OK with that until the end of Phase 2, anyway.
Even now, they're still playing a lot of things (wisely) close to the chest, what with all the films that are still left "unannounced" on their list of release dates.

But with these big names with a lot of draw (Blade, the Fantastic Four, inevitably the X-Men), it seems like Marvel Studios just couldn't help but announce to the world that they were definitively planning on launching these new properties, only to have to now delay them since they were basically at Square Zero.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:14 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Even now, they're still playing a lot of things (wisely) close to the chest, what with all the films that are still left "unannounced" on their list of release dates.

But with these big names with a lot of draw (Blade, the Fantastic Four, inevitably the X-Men), it seems like Marvel Studios just couldn't help but announce to the world that they were definitively planning on launching these new properties, only to have to now delay them since they were basically at Square Zero.
I think it was largely a quick answer to the general sort of "Phase 4 has no direction! MCU as we knew it is over!"