The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 04:46 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Iron chef: take a well known scene and put a different version of the TMNT in there.

Yesterday I was reading the "Blind sight" special of the Mirage comics in which Leonardo is married.

And I wondered, how would a scene like this one look with the 2012 Leonardo and Karai in there?

And from there my gears started rolling.

Have THIS scene

And put the current Rise of the TMNT April and Baxter Stockman in there.

Or...

Take this scene and put Tiger Claw and future Raph in there.

This could be a lot of fun.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Have THIS scene
https://nymonsters.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=441&h=745
And put the current Rise of the TMNT April and Baxter Stockman in there.
Rise April would be making various jokes and insults about Baxter's age and height.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:15 AM   #3
Garnet
Random Punk

Maybe it is precisely the ooc-ness that would be funny ? What do you mean exactly, Great Saiyaman : is the aim of the game redrawing the pages, changing design, characters and expressions, only keeping the frames ? Or Something else ? Did you already tried to carry out your idea with the first page ?
Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #4
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
Maybe it is precisely the ooc-ness that would be funny ? What do you mean exactly, Great Saiyaman : is the aim of the game redrawing the pages, changing design, characters and expressions, only keeping the frames ? Or Something else ? Did you already tried to carry out your idea with the first page ?
There's two ways of going at this, the first would be to have the characters behave as they do in their respective series.

But the second one is to keep the dialog of the scenes intact and see how well it actually goes with the characters depicted.

With Leonardo and Karai, it's usually him who tells her that everything is alright, there are very little scenes where it's the other way round.

So a scene like that one from "Blind sight" where they are ready to go to bed, what would have they said if you kept them in character with the series? And what would it have been like if you took the original dialog?

Or the second one, one lesson a martial artist learns first is to NEVER underestimate their enemy.

April from "Rise" is a very sassy character but suppose Baxter finally finds a way to have her in a position where she has no way to gain the upper hand? How different would Baxter be if you kept the original dialog intact?

The third one.

In the "Wrath of Tiger Claw" Tiger Claw told Shredder that he went through battles which would best a lesser being. It shouldn't be too hard to imagine him being able to have survived the Mutant apocalypse? Let alone that he still holds a grudge against Raphael and his brothers, much like Old Hob does.

Like I said, the sky is the limit here and the fact that every version of the TMNT is so different from the other could make this so much fun to do.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 04-11-2019 at 09:32 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #5
Garnet
Random Punk

Okay, I see what you mean. Maybe I will try one (the 2nd I think), when I have some time.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:57 AM   #6
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Last year I did a 2012 TMNT comic called "Bat versus bat" in which Casey Jones and Shinigami decide to have a fun night together since they're the only ones from the series that haven't got a love interest.

In it, I used a very well known scene from the "Northampton" arc of the IDW series, in which Raphael and Alopex flirt fight...

...And put Casey and Shini in there.

With this one I used two very different characters and changed the overall dialog but it ended up working very well.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #7
Garnet
Random Punk

Yes, it works well. You might not even need to add these dialogues. Too bad I do not know the character of Shinigami yet.

It could also be nice to parody pages of other comics or manga and let choose the version of the turtles that you want to draw.

To change the dialogues, if I manage to create the page, I will surely ask someone to help me: I would have trouble inventing, my English is not good enough.