The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-26-2005, 07:48 AM   #81
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I wonder what the odds of this plot twist are to making it into the new show? In season 2, the writers did go out of their way to establish that April's uncle brought back tons of weird stuff from around the world and you have to wonder how that crystal ended up in her apartment. Hopefully, if they do they'll leave out the roach part.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #82
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I hope if this remains as canon that they remember this. It would be very interesting to see if when she dies (not that I want a classic character like April to die, but then again.. look at Splinter) she fades away or something, leaving the TMNT very confused.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:18 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

I honestly thought Identity Crisis was a greast story, tying old and new continuity together seamlessly and completely reinvigorating DC to the point where everything Marvel does seems reactionary, and Infinite Crisis is shaping up to be the most important DC storyarc in decades, so I honestly can't see how it's sh*t... unless you hate company crossovers, which I can understand, but the number of books I read per month has almost doubled, mostly b/c of the lead-in to Infinite Crisis, and only Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance seem weak to me, while OMAC Project is killer (especially the most recent issue). I'm more into comics than I've been in years, so I can't hate on Identity or Infinite Crisis; they're making DC fun again.

Seeing as how I'm not a Marvel fan usually, I actually didn't hear the details about the Spidey story you're talking about, but I did read some stuff about a Spider Cult or something and how there may have been other "Spider-Men" before... I didn't read the whole thing, but it seemed kinda like they're considering taking Peter out of the role again. I hope not; haven't they learned anything? (sigh)

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #84
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Just got the issue today, and after reading it I have to say it was exactly what I expected: Lame, far-fetched and unneccesary.

Why couldn't April just be human? I realise this is a comic book about mutant turtles and that this is the direction in which the book is going, but does every story need a science-fiction twist? Does April really need to be something extraordinary in order to be interesting?

Whatever. At least the issue was well-written, and the cockroach thing was pretty clever. I can live with this 'twist', but outside of the Volume 4 comics this is something I'll choose to ignore, along with Krang and Venus.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #85
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow
I can live with this 'twist', but outside of the Volume 4 comics this is something I'll choose to ignore, along with Krang and Venus.

you don't like Krang?
Old 08-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #86
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

Changing the subject...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Marvel are'nt exactly boring me, but the sooner this Avengers s*it (all of Marvels' shake ups have just RUINED that group instead of reinvergorating it) ends, the more we can see of Spidy being what he always should be: A loner, him, M.J, and May, against the world.
Amen to that. Spidey needs to go back to being a solo hero and Marvel needs to stop trying to put Wolverine on every team they have. Is there any Marvel team Wolvie hasn't been on?

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:22 AM   #87
OldSchooler
Foot Soldier

The Fantastic Four

True though, Spidey needs to be pulled back, but it looks like it'll happen once this whole "The Other" saga is out of the way.

Anyway. While not particularly thrilled with the decision Pete's taken with April, I'll see where it goes. We might get a turn around, we might not, it could be leading into something bigger, given all the little hints at bigger things Laird's been dropping in vol.4. Really well written, I'm just getting really tired of Lawson's artwork, especially after some of the artists we've had for Tales this time around. The only Lawson issues I've really dug since Vol. 2 have been the Tales where Leo was blinded, and the first couple of Vol. 4. There has been a noticable decline.
OldSchooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:55 AM   #88
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSplinter
Anyway. While not particularly thrilled with the decision Pete's taken with April, I'll see where it goes.
LMAO first time I read this I was like.. what's April gotta do with Spiderman? LMAO
Old 08-02-2005, 07:28 AM   #89
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSplinter
The Fantastic Four
Actually, Wolverine was a member of the FF when he, Spidey, Ghost Rider and Hulk took over for the original FF in vol. 1, No. 347.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #90
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
you don't like Krang?
I like Krang and the old cartoon just fine, but I don't consider them part of the TMNT universe.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #91
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow
Whatever. At least the issue was well-written, and the cockroach thing was pretty clever. I can live with this 'twist', but outside of the Volume 4 comics this is something I'll choose to ignore, along with Krang and Venus.
But unlike Krang and Venus, Laird will remind you of this again and again, this is continuity, whenever you count it or not, and it'll have long-running consequences as long as Petes' writing it, so if you're going to boycott that origin, you might as well boycott the character completly.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:29 AM   #92
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Read my post again. I said I could live it with it within the Volume 4 continuity, but outside of those comics I'm going to pretend it never happened.

What I mean is that I'm not going to reread the old Volume 1 comics and think to myself 'Oh, April was just a sketch brought to life all along'.

I never said anything about boycotting it.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #93
Jaf
Foot Soldier

When you think of it, April IS «just a sketch brought to life». It remainds me of the «big angry fans uprising» after the end of the Evangelion anime in Japan, where a lot of people expressed their frustration after Hideaki Anno made it clear, in the show, that he was just saying : Cool down, get back on your feet, this is not the end of the world, it's just a show and none of those people actually exists».

April was always the character by which the guys at Mirage expressed their own feelings and talked about themselves. It's not about a girl in NoHo suddenly realizing «Oh my gish! I'm just a drawning!» It's about some guys in NoHo and their ambiguous relation to art and creation.

I love those characters, we love those characters, but April, Casey, the turtles, etc. ARE nothing more than ink on paper, and it is the passion and faith in their work of some Western Massachussets folks that give them what we see as their «lives».

I'll live along very well with an April knowing she's a comic book character . That should give us some much needed reflection on the media.

By the way, did I ever mentionned that Lawson's my main man? Best TMNT artist. Period. And Guzzi rocks.

I'm quite amazed that people around here keeps comparing TMNT with mainstream superhero titles, and never with Usagi, Flamming Carrot, Gnatrat, the Post Bros, Love and Rockets, Puma Blues, or other early Mirage titles, or the titles the Xeric foundation is founding (hope everybody knows what is the Xeric). I mean, that's alternative comix we're babbling about, no let's-save-the-wolrd crime fighters.
Jaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:36 PM   #94
sorrenmj
Random Punk

Tales of TMNT

I always felt this should/would have made a better issue of the Tales volume 2 series
sorrenmj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4