The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #101
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior

I knew this day would eventually come... this SUCKS!
Will he eventually sell the franchise or let them die with his passion?

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #102
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I don't recall there being THAT much mandatory praise for Volume 4 back when it was still being published. The only person I remember getting tremendously indignant at any criticism of the book was Peter Laird...
There was a lot of hype when Vol. 4 started, and it lasted up till somewhere around time time after Splinter died.

That's when the book started juggling 5 different plots at once, and given it was bi-monthly, that's when people started losing interest. Waiting 2 months for each plot to only get 3-4 pages devoted to it, obviously not much story could be progressed.

Vol. 4 started in 2001, its now 2010. Obviously over the course of 9 years you're going to change your opinion on something.

Once again, I was still in High School when Vol. 4 started! Just imagine yourself now, 9 years younger, and that's when Vol. 4 started.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #103
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leogeddon View Post
I knew this day would eventually come... this SUCKS!
Will he eventually sell the franchise or let them die with his passion?
Dude, you got alot to catch up on!

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=28747

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #104
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Jesus Christ, I sure do... Thanks for the linkage!

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #105
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There was a lot of hype when Vol. 4 started, and it lasted up till somewhere around time time after Splinter died.

That's when the book started juggling 5 different plots at once, and given it was bi-monthly, that's when people started losing interest. Waiting 2 months for each plot to only get 3-4 pages devoted to it, obviously not much story could be progressed.

Vol. 4 started in 2001, its now 2010. Obviously over the course of 9 years you're going to change your opinion on something.

Once again, I was still in High School when Vol. 4 started! Just imagine yourself now, 9 years younger, and that's when Vol. 4 started.
I wasn't so much commenting on the length of time that's passed, but more that I don't recall, even back when I first joined in '03, that there was some sort of majority squashing of negative opinions of Volume 4 on this forum.

Perhaps that attitude existed between '01 and '02, before I joined, but I never noticed any tremendous hostility toward critics of Volume 4 even when it was a fresh and regularly published comic.

So I think that the idea of dissenters being "persecuted" regarding criticism of Volume 4 on these forums is a bit overblown. In Laird's letters column? Sure. Here? Not so much.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #106
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Seriously, I was in 6th or 7th grade when it started. I picked it up a few months after my freind told me about it. I graduated high school in 2006. So a big part of my life has been about reading this damn book. Im upset it doesnt get an ending. I cant help but think its a selfish thing for Laird to do.

If he needs a break, he should just say it is on a indefinate hold. But he pretty much said that's it. Not happening. But in the end, its not our decision.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #107
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Gee, I remember the days where I got all sorts of crap for calling out Volume 4 for what it was. Now it's almost trendy.
*waves hand* I wasn't exactly nice to it all that time. Granted, I focused my comments more on certain executives that had little to do with the book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.

Last edited by turkishproverb; 06-19-2010 at 12:55 AM.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #108
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since #31 and #32 are already drawn, those will probably be the last two comics we get, even if we have to read them online and there won't be a physical copy.

I wonder how far or little the story is progressed by those two issues. Considering after that all we have is summaries/loose story plots to give us closure, I hope these last two issues are fairly decent.

I plan on printing the pages anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #109
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder how far or little the story is progressed by those two issues. Considering after that all we have is summaries/loose story plots to give us closure, I hope these last two issues are fairly decent.
Don't kid yourself, you know exactly how uneventful these next two books are going to be.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #110
Shellsweet
Foot Soldier

I was kinda bummed out when I herd that He wasn't going to finish them, I was like, probabtly in 5th-6th grade when Vol 4 came out, it didn't surprise me that he wasnt going to finish them.

But if he posts them online, I'd be happy to read it. Just to see what his concept was to conclude the series, still a shame though.

I loved the covers though. The Covers were great!

Ask me about Commissions!
Shellsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #111
DK2
Stone Warrior

Its still a shame that Peter Laird won`t let these be printed. Even if he did he coulda made a jumbo sized issue of no. 31 with both no. 31 and 32`s contents. The odd Vol. 4 issue was extra sized at times. This would`ve been easier to do in one printed release. But alas it ain`t gonna happen.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #112
Shellsweet
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
Its still a shame that Peter Laird won`t let these be printed. Even if he did he coulda made a jumbo sized issue of no. 31 with both no. 31 and 32`s contents. The odd Vol. 4 issue was extra sized at times. This would`ve been easier to do in one printed release. But alas it ain`t gonna happen.
Yea! Like a collectors book, Or heck, it would be pretty cool if he had a Vol 4 book with all the issues with the 30 and 31. But That's only wishful thinking.

Ask me about Commissions!
Shellsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:49 PM   #113
sorrenmj
Random Punk

I purchased two copies of issue 29, one signed by Peter one not signed, and I purchased issue 30 back in 2008 and 2009. I waited for the following issues but years went by and nothing so I gave up. Then last year the turtles came back big time. Issue 29 seems have become a very valuable comic, followed by issue 30, who knew! I learned that issue 32 and 31 were printed a few years ago! I just managed to acquire these last two issues to complete my run. Issue 32 should be here in a few days - I can't wait! I have to say though, I am having a blast reading through peoples comments! Hindsight is wonderful. Volume 4 is my favourite and I do wish there could be just a few more issues to finally complete the series! Please Peter won't you do it?! If only you could see what it means to some people
sorrenmj is offline   Reply With Quote