The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-09-2022, 09:10 PM   #3721
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Spider-Man No Way Home and Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness on Blu-ray for 10 bucks each. Got them in store as they were on sale on their website and got them price matched
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 07:22 PM   #3722
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

More of my Black Friday Sales haul.

Constantine & The House of Mystery $7.99
Sonic 4k $7.99
Goonies 4k $9.99
Venom Let There Be Carnage $9.99

Black Friday Part 2

Sonic 2 $7.99

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 11-18-2022 at 03:40 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 04:24 PM   #3723
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Complete Series

This actually has discs stacked upon each other, and I'm concerned about that. The latter four discs in the set have their own hubs, however. Anyway, I just need a complete series set for the 2003 series and I'll be set.

Sorry the image is so big. I use Imgur to host pictures and I try to make images smaller but the settings don't seem to stick. So I have to keep trying over and over until the settings do stick.

EDIT: I finally fixed the image.

Last edited by Storm Eagle; 12-05-2022 at 09:45 PM.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 05:14 PM   #3724
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Complete Series

This actually has discs stacked upon each other, and I'm concerned about that. The latter four discs in the set have their own hubs, however. Anyway, I just need a complete series set for the 2003 series and I'll be set. And I copy the BBCode option for these boards.

Sorry the image is so big. I use Imgur to host pictures and I try to make images smaller but the settings don't seem to stick. So I have to keep trying over and over until the settings do stick.
Yah, dvd packaging has become embarrassingly cheap and fragile, even on high priced collector sets.

As for imgur, when you choose size options you should notice a lowercase letter at the end of the new url, which denotes the resizing… m, l, h, etc. It will be last letter before .jpg or whatever.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 12-05-2022 at 06:16 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:04 PM   #3725
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yah, dvd packaging has become embarrassingly cheap and fragile, even on high priced collector sets.
I've got a few sets like that - you get excited about your "full Series set" and open up the extravagantly large case to find that they stuck like 4 discs on each spindle at the factory, all facing various directions from the label.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:16 PM   #3726
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I've got a few sets like that - you get excited about your "full Series set" and open up the extravagantly large case to find that they stuck like 4 discs on each spindle at the factory, all facing various directions from the label.
And in my case many times, some piece of plastic is already broken before I even open it up for the first time.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:05 PM   #3727
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
And in my case many times, some piece of plastic is already broken before I even open it up for the first time.
The case actually does have some cracks in it. I e-mailed Paramount to see if they might send me a replacement case so I won't have to go through the trouble of sending it back. It actually comes out tomorrow. So hopefully the stores will have it in stock so I can just exchange it right there, if Paramount won't accommodate me.

I have their complete series set for Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It's in the same kind of clear casing, but discs aren't stacked on each other, even though they do overlap. That might be okay. They recently reissued the set though, with two discs to a hub. What's even more lame is that the inside of both sides of the case has hubs for discs too. This new Ninja Turtles set is also like that. I think I remember the case for the complete set of the original series is also like that. I didn't like that it had discs on each other. So I just gave it up and kept the turtle van set I got before. That one at least comes with an episode guide and mentions what episodes are on what disc.

Sadly, they'd most likely give the 2003 series the same treatment if they ever put out a complete series set for it.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:14 PM   #3728
CyberCubed
Overlord

If they made a blu-ray collection of the Nick cartoon I would buy it in an instant, but it really isn't worth buying the DVD collection besides just to have it. Still holding out hope they do a blu-ray set eventually...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:41 PM   #3729
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If they made a blu-ray collection of the Nick cartoon I would buy it in an instant, but it really isn't worth buying the DVD collection besides just to have it. Still holding out hope they do a blu-ray set eventually...
I didn't buy it just so it can sit on my shelf and collect dust, but I agree a Blu-ray version would have been plenty more preferable. This show was presented in high definition after all, but it's too bad a Blu-ray release is highly unlikely. There have been releases displayed in high definition that should have had Blu-ray releases once released on home video, but after all these years, still nothing.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:23 AM   #3730
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
The case actually does have some cracks in it. I e-mailed Paramount to see if they might send me a replacement case so I won't have to go through the trouble of sending it back. It actually comes out tomorrow. So hopefully the stores will have it in stock so I can just exchange it right there, if Paramount won't accommodate me.
Yeah - it's not CD Jewel Cases either. Those damn set cases are essentially unique to every release.

And you know what? It's not really outlandish at all to ask for a new case - as soon as those DVD's slide around one time they can get scuffed up enough to pixelate while playing.

Quote:
I didn't buy it just so it can sit on my shelf and collect dust, but I agree a Blu-ray version would have been plenty more preferable. This show was presented in high definition after all, but it's too bad a Blu-ray release is highly unlikely. There have been releases displayed in high definition that should have had Blu-ray releases once released on home video, but after all these years, still nothing.
Do you have a good upscaling player? I know you are into movies/home theater so..... I run an Oppo UDP-203 on my home theater. If you can find one dude, buy it immediately. I don't even know how to "sell" it to you. Just look it up. Oppo recently got out of the player business and now those things sell for 4 figures, dude. But that 4k player will make those TMNT DVD's look like 1080p with borderline HDR color depth.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:29 PM   #3731
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

Do you have a good upscaling player? I know you are into movies/home theater so..... I run an Oppo UDP-203 on my home theater. If you can find one dude, buy it immediately. I don't even know how to "sell" it to you. Just look it up. Oppo recently got out of the player business and now those things sell for 4 figures, dude. But that 4k player will make those TMNT DVD's look like 1080p with borderline HDR color depth.
My 4K Blu-ray player that seems to display DVDs rather well. They almost look like high definition.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:54 AM   #3732
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Recently bought this. I think that I actually smiled when I saw a copy in a Family Dollar store. The image is in Spoilers due to size.

Spoiler:

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 05:09 PM   #3733
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Digimon: Digital Monsters - Season 1

This actually comes out on the 27th, but Right Stuf started shipping them out early. I could have gotten it yesterday though, but the post office screwed up.
Old 12-13-2022, 06:52 PM   #3734
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Digimon: Digital Monsters - Season 1

https://i.imgur.com/Z7STe66.jpg?2

This actually comes out on the 27th, but Right Stuf started shipping them out early. I could have gotten it yesterday though, but the post office screwed up.
How does it compare to the DVD version?
Old 12-13-2022, 09:43 PM   #3735
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
How does it compare to the DVD version?
The picture quality is definitely more crisp. On the DVD release, the episodes “The Battle for Earth” and “The Fate of Two Worlds” are missing their recaps and opening sequences, and “The Ultimate Clash” is missing its recap. That's not the case with the Blu-ray set, however. Some episodes are like that on the season 2 DVD set as well, and one is missing the ending credits. So I'm sure things would be different if Discotek puts out a Blu-ray set for season 2.

The Blu-ray also has reversible cover wrap. In fact, when you remove the slipcover, there's different cover art underneath, and it can be reversed to show the same image as on the slipcover. There are even two different versions of the back cover.
Old 12-15-2022, 04:34 PM   #3736
Storm Eagle
Saved by

A Walk to Remember

This should be my last purchase for the year. I've had it on DVD for a while, and it's in one of those antiquated snap cases. Now I don't need it anymore. It's also the only movie I had on DVD that got a Blu-ray release this year. I've got about five more, and I think some of them have a better chance of making it to Blu-ray than the others. So hopefully that will happen next year.
Old 12-15-2022, 06:34 PM   #3737
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I remember that movie. It came out when I was starting high school and all the girls in the class would talk about it and start to cry.

I have been wondering, Storm Eagle. Do you keep up with the National Film Registry? I know its not exactly the AFI Hall of Fame and 'cultural relevancy' can be opinionated and an eye roller at times.
Old 12-16-2022, 06:58 AM   #3738
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I have been wondering, Storm Eagle. Do you keep up with the National Film Registry? I know its not exactly the AFI Hall of Fame and 'cultural relevancy' can be opinionated and an eye roller at times.
I don't follow that. Why do you ask?
Old 12-16-2022, 07:29 AM   #3739
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I don't follow that. Why do you ask?
You are a film buff so I thought you might. I look every year to see which films I enjoy get honored. Aside from Charade (1963) I felt underwhelmed with this year's selections. Each year I submit my picks. Didn't know if you did the same.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:19 AM   #3740
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
You are a film buff so I thought you might. I look every year to see which films I enjoy get honored. Aside from Charade (1963) I felt underwhelmed with this year's selections. Each year I submit my picks. Didn't know if you did the same.
They just added the first Iron Man movie to the NFR! I thought that was cool.....