The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Will Bebop & Rocksteady be on the Nick cartoon?
Yeah, they'll be there at some point. 23 57.50%
Totally no, they won't show up anywhere/anytime. 17 42.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Do you think Bebop and Rocksteady will show up in the new show?

OK, I admit, I'm creating this thread for the sole purpose of being able to look back at all the people voting "No" later on and being able to point back at something at how wrong they were.

Now, to the voting board...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

When asked about them, Ciro said "Be patient" with a big grin. So I'm banking on it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:22 AM   #3
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I think they will but more then likely it will not be until season 3 or so.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
pingclang
Stone Warrior

I'm sure they will. I know I can't frickin wait.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

Certainly. Although, I'm starting to suspect that they won't be mutants, but Dimension X natives.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Certainly. Although, I'm starting to suspect that they won't be mutants, but Dimension X natives.
They had better not be. If they're not street punks turned mutants I'd rather not see them at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'd be okay with that if they showed up. I rather they didn't show up but I could live with it.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They had better not be. If they're not street punks turned mutants I'd rather not see them at all.
Just like karai isn't the leader of the foot sent in to clean up shredders mess. Just like Traag isn't a general of stone warriors.
Just like April isn't a teenager.

I honestly don't care either way but if they do that. I'm ok with it. If anything can make it work nick can.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
Seeks
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I reckon so, but I imagine Nick will get rid of Dog Pound and Fish Face first.

- Splinter
Seeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

For now, no, they won't show up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in the future as regular characters or maybe an Easter Egg of sorts.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Just like April isn't a teenager.
April is a teenager.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I'm banking on the fact that they'll show up in the 80's crossover.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
April is a teenager.
Not in any other forms of media.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 08-16-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I'm banking on the fact that they'll show up in the 80's crossover.
Hm, that's a pretty fair bet.

I wonder if that's how they come onto the show. Perhaps the actual Fred Wolf Bebop and Rocksteady enter the Nick TMNT universe and, at the end of the crossover and after the Fred Wolf Turtles return back to the Hell from whence th -- er, back to their own universe, Bebop and Rocksteady somehow manage to stay in the Nickverse.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #15
n-zero
Foot Soldier

I can't see them as Shredder's hench-mutants. That would step on the toes of Dogpuond and Fishface. They'd be a great fit with the current versions of the Purple Dragons, though.

Maybe Fong, Tsoi and Sid are pre-muation Bebop, Rocksteady and Scrag?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

That's an interesting idea but I doubt nick has the balls to do it. I kinda doubt they'd work with shredder. They might have to work on their own if they adapt to this strange new more violent world.

They'd probably be scared shitlesss of a world where people mean them actual harm and not just pulling the mat out from under them and similar nonsense.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
Galactus
Foot Elite

Where is option 3 'I dunno...maybe'

Early on in the shows production I would have bet money we'd see them in the first season but we didn't and apart from cryptic statement they've maintained they had no plans for them. I suppose plans could have changed since the though.

While on the surface the show has more than a few '87 show elements they're not played very Fred Wolf-y. Splinter is Hamato Yoshi like the old show but his backstory is much closer to the Mirage version of Yoshi. The Kraang are more like evil Utroms than Krang and even the Traag and The Technodrome were only vaguely similar to the 80s counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Hm, that's a pretty fair bet.

I wonder if that's how they come onto the show. Perhaps the actual Fred Wolf Bebop and Rocksteady enter the Nick TMNT universe and, at the end of the crossover and after the Fred Wolf Turtles return back to the Hell from whence th -- er, back to their own universe, Bebop and Rocksteady somehow manage to stay in the Nickverse.
We only have the four turtle voice actors to be conformed as returning. I suppose it's possible they'll be along for the ride. If they stay I wonder if they'll be cg or 2d animated.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

We only have the four turtle voice actors to be conformed as returning. I suppose it's possible they'll be along for the ride. If they stay I wonder if they'll be cg or 2dk animated.
Um dude the guy that voices Leo and don from the old show also voice rocksteady and bebop.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #19
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

We only have the four turtle voice actors to be conformed as returning. I suppose it's possible they'll be along for the ride. If they stay I wonder if they'll be cg or 2d animated.
I wanna see the Nick turtles in 2D!!! so bad....
Old 08-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #20
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Nick show will have an OT crossover event, or something like, so my question is: Did you ment them as OT versions, or newly introduced as Nick versions?

Tags
bebop, rocksteady