The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

The 2003 universe took place in the 90's?

If you look closely at Cody's time watch in TMNTFF, "Timing is Everything", his watch said 1994 AD. Are they telling us the first Shredder fight was back in 1994? Why that year? It just create plot holes.
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
ToTheNines
[sic]

I love that episode but the whole thing was pretty wonky. You just have to ignore Cody's screen and the whole post office anniversary thing.

FF takes place in 2105, 100 years in the future, therefor the 2k3 show takes place during the 2000's.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show took place in the time it aired, from 2003-2006 mostly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleFan2012 View Post
If you look closely at Cody's time watch in TMNTFF, "Timing is Everything", his watch said 1994 AD. Are they telling us the first Shredder fight was back in 1994? Why that year? It just create plot holes.
Wasn't it 2000?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Wasn't it 2000?
Nah, it was 1994 AD
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Loudo
Thug

It was 1993 actually: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...magineoxv.jpg/

The timeline was somewhat messy, especially during the last two seasons. I personally place "Things Change" in 2001.
Loudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudo View Post
It was 1993 actually: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...magineoxv.jpg/

The timeline was somewhat messy, especially during the last two seasons. I personally place "Things Change" in 2001.
You're right. Still, it create problems like the internet and dvds in their world.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
It was actually 2003.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
Icebot
Foot Elite

Throughout the show, it's been said that the turtles have had 15 years of ninja training. Leonardo also mentioned that there's been 15 years of training in Future Shellshock. Then when the turtles find out they're in 2105, Raphael said they're 100 years in the future.

Considering all this, there's no way The Shredder Strikes takes place in the 90's. I would say it takes place in 2003 at the earliest.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
Loudo
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It was actually 2003.
2003 is when "Things Change" was aired, not necessarily when it was set.

This is my personal take:
2001: "Things Change" to "Tales of Leo".
2002: "Monster Hunter" to "The Golden Puck"
2003: "Rogue in the House" to "The Christmas Aliens"
2004: "Space Invaders" to "The Ancient One"
2005: "Prodigal Son" to "Future Shellshock"
2006: "Tempus Fugit" to "Turtles Forever"

The biggest datum point for me is that "Future Shellshock" happens in 2005, since we know the Turtles travel 100 years into the future.
Before that episode, we've had three winters and a further Halloween. That means "Things Change" happens at least four years before "Future Shellshock".
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

Your reasoning is mostly sound, but I have it figured a bit different.

First of all, I have the opening scene of Future Shellshock taking place in 2006. I know that doesn't jive with the "100 years in the future" thing, but I always took that as rounding up from 99, which isn't ridiculous to assume. I even remember the old ninjaturtles.com synopsis for The Journal stated that 2006 was the year they were sucked into the future.

Other than that, it looks like you've added another year because of The Christmas Aliens. Production order, original airdate and DVD release are all over the place, but I place the Christmas special in the season 2 era. Makes sense there since the gang members weren't using Triceraton guns (like everyone was post World's Collide), and Leatherhead was still missing. So Christmas Aliens and Golden Puck would have been the same Winter.

Here's my whole timeline, if you're interested: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=34184
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
First of all, I have the opening scene of Future Shellshock taking place in 2006. I know that doesn't jive with the "100 years in the future" thing
Or "Graduation Day, 2105"...

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Or "Graduation Day, 2105"...
What do ya mean?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action

Oh, I read it wrong. I forget what 4kids info it was that we got back then that corroborated the 99-years theory. Maybe it was T4K. Maybe it was on their website. Either way, "you got it, dude. "

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Oh, I read it wrong. I forget what 4kids info it was that we got back then that corroborated the 99-years theory. Maybe it was T4K. Maybe it was on their website. Either way, "you got it, dude. "
Ah, cool. You almost made me bust out my FF DVD's haha.

Although, I'm still trying to get a founding year for O'Neil Tech... so I just might pop them in anyways.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
Icebot
Foot Elite

Was the World Trade Center seen in the 4kids cartoon? I think I remember someone told me the twin towers were around in early season 1. If so maybe Things Change did take place in 2001 after all.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
Loudo
Thug

I know your topic, that was got me interested in the topic in the first place.

Quote:
First of all, I have the opening scene of Future Shellshock taking place in 2006. I know that doesn't jive with the "100 years in the future" thing, but I always took that as rounding up from 99, which isn't ridiculous to assume. I even remember the old ninjaturtles.com synopsis for The Journal stated that 2006 was the year they were sucked into the future.
It is certainly a possible theory, but I find it unnecessary. As I said, for me the "100 years into the future" is the biggest datum point in building a timeline. I don't see why destroying this only certainty we have without a valid reason.
And I don't consider the synopsis for "The Journal" a valid reason. If you remember, the synopsis for "Time is Everything" from the same site was full of glaring mistakes: it places the accident with the T.C.R.I. truck in 1900 and "The Shredder Strikes" in 2000, making the Turtles 10 years-old when the series begins. So I don't find that site a very solid source.

Quote:
Other than that, it looks like you've added another year because of The Christmas Aliens. Production order, original airdate and DVD release are all over the place, but I place the Christmas special in the season 2 era. Makes sense there since the gang members weren't using Triceraton guns (like everyone was post World's Collide), and Leatherhead was still missing. So Christmas Aliens and Golden Puck would have been the same Winter.
I place "The Christmas Aliens" as the first episode of Season 3 (which is the production order, if I'm not mistaken). There are no continuity problems with this positioning because the Triceraton have yet to invade Earth and Leatherhead is still missing.
I find it makes more sense, because even if the official order of the episodes is somewhat confusing, one thing we know for sure: "The Christmas Aliens" belongs to Season 3.
Of course, we could theorize that "The Christmas Aliens" is a flashback episode, but again I find it to be an unnecessary assumption. The episodes have always been in chronological order, and when they're not we're told so. I don't see why making an exception for this episode.

In short, applying the Occam's razor I find my timeline to be more simple and straightforward than yours.
Not saying yours is wrong though, either can potentially work.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #18
Loudo
Thug

Quote:
Although, I'm still trying to get a founding year for O'Neil Tech... so I just might pop them in anyways.
According to Darius Dunn in "Invasion of the Body Snatcher", O'Neil Tech was founded... guess what? That's right, 100 years ago!

That's why I put both Season 7 and Turtles Forever in the same year (2006). This way, you can make April, Casey and Don found O'Neil Tech after the movie.
And like you said, "100 years" becomes "99 years" rounded up. XD

EDIT: Reference corrected
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I know your topic, that was got me interested in the topic in the first place.
Oh, cool!

Quote:
It is certainly a possible theory, but I find it unnecessary. As I said, for me the "100 years into the future" is the biggest datum point in building a timeline. I don't see why destroying this only certainty we have without a valid reason.
And I don't consider the synopsis for "The Journal" a valid reason. If you remember, the synopsis for "Time is Everything" from the same site was full of glaring mistakes: it places the accident with the T.C.R.I. truck in 1900 and "The Shredder Strikes" in 2000, making the Turtles 10 years-old when the series begins. So I don't find that site a very solid source.
Good points. Even still, if you were to time travel to the year 2112, it wouldn't be totally inaccurate for you to say that you were from 100 years in the past, right?

Quote:
I place "The Christmas Aliens" as the first episode of Season 3 (which is the production order, if I'm not mistaken). There are no continuity problems with this positioning because the Triceraton have yet to invade Earth and Leatherhead is still missing.
I find it makes more sense, because even if the official order of the episodes is somewhat confusing, one thing we know for sure: "The Christmas Aliens" belongs to Season 3.
Of course, we could theorize that "The Christmas Aliens" is a flashback episode, but again I find it to be an unnecessary assumption. The episodes have always been in chronological order, and when they're not we're told so. I don't see why making an exception for this episode.
I actually misread your timeline on first glance, I totally agree that Christmas Aliens takes place before Alien Invaders.

Quote:
In short, applying the Occam's razor I find my timeline to be more simple and straightforward than yours.
Not saying yours is wrong though, either can potentially work.
Overall, I agree. The only major kink in yours is that you have a whole year between Golden Puck and Christmas Aliens, making for an extremely uneventful 2003 for the turtles.

Quote:
That's why I put both Season 7 and Turtles Forever in the same year (2006). This way, you can make April, Casey and Don found O'Neil Tech after the movie.
And like you said, "100 years" becomes "99 years" rounded up. XD
Oh, Turtles Forever could absolutely take place same year as BttS. I just have it in "2008" because I like how it emphasizes Forever being their last adventure as the Teeange Mutant Ninja Turtles, since they turn 20 later that year by my count.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-05-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #20
Loudo
Thug

Quote:
Overall, I agree. The only major kink in yours is that you have a whole year between Golden Puck and Christmas Aliens, making for an extremely uneventful 2003 for the turtles.
Yeah, that is true. Still, more power to fanfic writers!

If you're interested, here's my complete timeline:

~65,000,000 b.C.
- Viral sends the Turtles, Splinter and Serling here.
- Serling is accidentally transported here by his faulty Time Window.
- Savanti Romero is exiled here by Lord Simultaneous.
- Savanti Romero sends a message to the Turtles in 2005. Renet comes here with the Turtles. Savanti Romero's plan is foiled, but the Time Scepter is lost.
- After three months, the Turtles accidentally find the Time Scepter and go back home.

~8,000 b.C.
- The Crystal Sun lands in Atlantis. Rise of Y'Lyntian civilization.
- Atlantis sinks.

~300
- The Tengu Shredder spreads destruction in Japan.
- Oroku Saki slays the body of the Shredder, but becomes the new Shredder.
- The remaining four members of the Five Dragons travel the world to learn mystical arts from various masters. They defeat Oroku Saki and separate his essence in three artifacts.
- Kon, Juto, Chikara and Hisomi come to be known as the Ninja Tribunal and teach the art of ninjitsu to a few selected students.

~900
- The Utroms start to hunt Ch’rell throughout the universe.

~1,000
- Mortu and his crew capture Ch’rell.
- On the way to the Utrom Homeworld, Ch’rell sabotages Mortu’s ship, making it crash on Earth, in Japan. Ch’rell escapes.
- The Utroms use their exosuits to pose as humans.
- A few human ninja swear to protect and help the Utroms and become the Guardians.
- Ch’rell steals an exosuit. He pretends to be Oroku Saki and becomes the new Shredder and new leader of the Foot Clan.
- The Sword of Tengu is forged.
- A glowing red meteor lands Earth, in America, bringing with it the Necro Monster.
- The Necro Monster attempts to corrupt the Native Americans with promises of wealth, but they prove too strong of character.

~1,400
- Savanti Romero is transformed into a demon-looking monster and banished here by Lord Simultaneous for attempting to steal the Time Scepter.
- The Ultimate Ninja and Drako fuses into a single body (the Ultimate Drako) and are transported here by the malfunctioning War Staff.
- The Ultimate Drako uses his magic to pose as a dragon. Savanti Romero takes him as a pet/servant.
- Viral sends the Turtles, Splinter and Serling here.

- Renet and the Turtles are transported here and Savanti steals the Time Scepter. Lord Simultaneous appears and banishes Savanti to ~65,000,000 a.C. The Ultimate Drako reveals his true identity, takes the Time Scepter for himself and flees. Lord Simultaneous sends the Turtles back home.

~1,500
- The legendary sword smith Toshi Korahara forges a sword for the Foot Clan.
- The Necro Monster draws fleets of Europeans to America with promises of wealth.
- The Native Americans create the Meteor Spear using a fragment of the glowing meteor that brought the Necro Monster to Earth.
- C.F. Volpehart succumbs to the Necro Monster’s call. He kills the Native wielding the Meteor Spear and takes it. He gains immortality and great wealth.

- Ch’rell brings the Tokugawa to power in Japan.

- John Bishop is abducted by Grey Aliens while fighting in the Battle of New Orleans. After many tests, which extend his lifespan, he is returned to the battlefield.

- President Ulysses S. Grant establishes the Earth Protection Force. Agent Bishop is placed in charge.

~1,900
- The Brotherhood conquers the Zodaks’ dimension.

~1,908
- Serling is accidentally transported here by his faulty Time Window. Wendell sees him.

~1,960
- The Ancient One adopts Hamato Yoshi and Yukio Mashimi.

~1,962
- Battle Bernice leaves the Justice Force for a year, secretely pregnant with Dr Dome's baby.

~1,963
- Battle Bernice rejoins the Justice Force.
- Battle Bernice is killed in battle.
- The Justice Force dissolves.

- The Green Mantle loses his cape while fighting Mechazoid. A kid finds the cape and keeps it in a display cabinet.

- The Techno Cosmic Research Institute (T.C.R.I.) is founded by the Utroms.

- Hamato Yoshi wins the Battle Nexus tournament.

- Ch’rell kills Hamato Yoshi.
- Accident with the T.C.R.I. truck.

- The Foot Mystics give a magic amulet to a Bone Demon and send him to spy the Ancient One and discover the location of the Lap of the Gods.
- Splinter, together with the Turtles, travels to Japan to bring Hamato Yoshi’s ashes to the Ancient One. The Turtles foil the Bone Demon's plan.

- Serling is accidentally transported here by his faulty Time Window. The Turtles mistake him for a toy. Adventure in Wendell's shop.

- The Foot project to mutate people to locate an Utrom base underground begins.

- Splinter wins the Battle Nexus tournament. Drako attempts to kill him and is banished from the Battle Nexus.

- S01E01 to S01E19.

- S01E20 to S02E18.

- S02E19 to S03E01.

- Nobody loses his job in July 23.
- S03E01 to S04E14.

- S04E15 to S06E01.

- S07E01 to Turtles Forever.
- In the SAINW alternative timeline, Splinter dies protecting Leo, Raph and Mikey.
- O'Neil Tech is founded.

~2007
- Shredders War (alternative timeline?).

~2029
- In the SAINW alternative timeline, April and her rebels save Hun and Stockman from execution.

~2034
- S03E21 (alternative timeline).

- Wrestling becomes a much less violent sport. Many moves are banned.

- Bishop's saved by an alien. Stockman is presumed dead.
- According to Bishop, “a myriad of alien life forms had identified Earth as habitable. We were under the constant threat of invasion.”

- S06E01 to S07E01.

~2120
- S03E20 (alternative timeline).