The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Argh, there's too many good things for the poll!!
Say welcome to KobraKarai! 35 33.65%
Father Daughter hug at last!! 44 42.31%
So THAT's what happened with them and Shen... 17 16.35%
Motorcycles provided by the Orange County Choppers.. 6 5.77%
Ooh, what was that stained glass from Karai blackout?? 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #401
cryan
Stone Warrior

I saw the episode finally it was good and shocking that Karai got the mutagen treatment. The scene toward the end when she assumes her human form does remind me of the shape shifting Mystique did in the X-men films. He was able to grow clothing from her body.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #402
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Hey guys, was just thinking about something. In this episode, Karai finds out why Yoshi and Saki have their issues and all that happened to her mother. It's still illogical for Shredder to blame Splinter for what transpired, so do you think that maybe there's more to the story? We've still yet to hear Shredder's side of things.

Even with the clan issue, Yoshi had nothing to do with it, so it seems foolish to blame him for the demise of his former clan. So yeah, I'm just wondering if there could possibly be more to this rivalry.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #403
fridaynightdestination
Banned

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but anyone else really like the music in this episode? Especially in the last few minutes.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #404
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Hey guys, was just thinking about something. In this episode, Karai finds out why Yoshi and Saki have their issues and all that happened to her mother. It's still illogical for Shredder to blame Splinter for what transpired, so do you think that maybe there's more to the story? We've still yet to hear Shredder's side of things.

Even with the clan issue, Yoshi had nothing to do with it, so it seems foolish to blame him for the demise of his former clan. So yeah, I'm just wondering if there could possibly be more to this rivalry.
Possibly. Though the issues with Yoshi could have been a vendetta against the Hamato clan in general. Because Saki as already upset that Yoshi and Tang Shen were lovers, and then on top of that he learns that the family that had found him and raised him as one of their own were the same people who killed his biological family. So in his mind he's thinking "I never knew what I could have had with the Foot Clan because of the Hamato Clan."

And some of the times when Splinter is mourning his loss, he says he's lost his family and clan. His family would be his wife and Miwa. But this version of Splinter is also younger then other versions, I'd think he was in his 30's maybe 40's when he got the Turtles. So his parents would have been still alive around the time Hamato Yoshi lost his wife and daughter unless they died in the fire that destroyed his home.

Last edited by victory_angel; 07-23-2014 at 10:47 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #405
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but anyone else really like the music in this episode? Especially in the last few minutes.
I certainly did. Still haven't been able to re-watch this one but planning on doing that once things settle down for me this weekend. The music was pretty cool from what I remember. For most other mutations, we got a pretty sinister bit of music, but it was just sad and haunting for Karai. Nice touch.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #406
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
Yes! I thought the end music was great for what was happening. Besides the music I really enjoyed Splinter and especially Shredder's reaction to Karai being mutated.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #407
saber16
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
It doesn't bother me per se, but I totally was thinking about it after the episode. I was like... "So does this mean that she has mutant clothes if they can shapeshift with her?" I have waaaay too many thoughts sometimes.
I guess Nick didn't like the idea of portraying a nude teenage girl in their show, seeing as they had no problem giving us a naked Kirby.

Though, maybe her cloths do mutate with her, who knows.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #408
billbot85
Mad Scientist

This episode was awesome, excellent way to end this season. It will be really interesting to see where they take Karai's character in season 3. I was glad to see Splinter and Karai finally hug. The showdown at the end was incredible.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #409
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

still 4 eps left in the season
Old 07-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #410
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
still 4 eps left in the season
Whoops, my bad. For some reason I thought it was the last!

Does anyone know what the next four episodes will be called? Or are they still TBA?

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #411
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
Whoops, my bad. For some reason I thought it was the last!

Does anyone know what the next four episodes will be called? Or are they still TBA?
Still TBA, unfortunately. People have been speculating that we're going to get two separate two parters.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #412
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

This was a great episode but am I the only one, when I read the title, also thinks of the Alice Cooper song "Vengeance Is Mine" featuring Slash?
Old 08-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #413
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Pretty good episode, unsure about how I feel with Karai being mutated but I didn't really like her before anyway. I realized how much I like Baxter's fly design, too bad hie's so uninteresting in this version. Too bad since OT and 2k3 Baxter were both different but awesome. Not a big fan of how every episode with Shredder now always includes his mutant army, not even the OT did that, it cheapens them. Reminds me of DBZ or badly written cartoons you know, the enemy is super strong and then becomes just another generic lackey.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:48 AM   #414
Sumac
Banned

One of the best episodes in the season...and at the same time one of the worst.

It was nice, when Turtles has saved Karai and her interaction with guys and Splinter in a lair was heartwarming, which was a highlight of this episode. However, as was expected, her temper and desire for honor took the best of her and made her commit an absolutely stupid decision.

And now I come to the point, why I think this episode was one of the worst - Karai mutation. I mean it was emotional and everything, but it felt like writers just took cheap option to make Splinter suffer another trauma and remove Karai as a possible member of the TurtleTeam, at least for the time being.

Besides, I think, it was incredibly strange decision, to get rid from one of the best characters n the show in such manner.

So, good things: heartwarming moments in the lair and emotional impact of Karai mutation.
Bad things: removal of one of the best characters in the show for some reason.

P.S.
Shredder is an idiot.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #415
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
One of the best episodes in the season...and at the same time one of the worst.

It was nice, when Turtles has saved Karai and her interaction with guys and Splinter in a lair was heartwarming, which was a highlight of this episode. However, as was expected, her temper and desire for honor took the best of her and made her commit an absolutely stupid decision.

And now I come to the point, why I think this episode was one of the worst - Karai mutation. I mean it was emotional and everything, but it felt like writers just took cheap option to make Splinter suffer another trauma and remove Karai as a possible member of the TurtleTeam, at least for the time being.

Besides, I think, it was incredibly strange decision, to get rid from one of the best characters n the show in such manner.

So, good things: heartwarming moments in the lair and emotional impact of Karai mutation.
Bad things: removal of one of the best characters in the show for some reason.

P.S.
Shredder is an idiot.
I agree! I wished they had gotten rid of Casey this way and kept Karai around instead. She's more interesting and can actually help the Turtles out, not hinder them.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #416
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I agree! I wished they had gotten rid of Casey this way and kept Karai around instead. She's more interesting and can actually help the Turtles out, not hinder them.
Definitely agree.
So far Casey was mostly irritating and obnoxious, while Karai was entertaining and awesome.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #417
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Definitely agree.
So far Casey was mostly irritating and obnoxious, while Karai was entertaining and awesome.
Unfortunately, I read somewhere that the producers did not like to write for female characters, so they found the quickest way they could to get rid of the two main female characters that were not April, and one was Karai, and the other one was Irma. Since both have been out of the show, I feel the show drop in interest and in quality.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #418
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Unfortunately, I read somewhere that the producers did not like to write for female characters, so they found the quickest way they could to get rid of the two main female characters that were not April, and one was Karai, and the other one was Irma. Since both have been out of the show, I feel the show drop in interest and in quality.

looks at Rahzar and Baxter

We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 11-02-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #419
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Considering that I really liked both Karai and Irma...it's really unfortunate, if it's indeed the case.

Tags
2012, karai, kissing cousins?, leonardo, mutation, nick, shredder, snake, vengeance