The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What score would you give TMNT:OOTS out of 10?
10 (EXCELLENT) 3 6.82%
9 (Amazing) 3 6.82%
8 (Great) 12 27.27%
7 (Good) 7 15.91%
6 (Average) 7 15.91%
5 (Mediocre) 8 18.18%
4 (Bad) 2 4.55%
3 (Really Bad) 0 0%
2 (Terrible) 2 4.55%
1 (ABYSMAL) 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #81
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

You do realize how crazy you're acting right? Like a petulant child that can't fathom that someone doesn't like something that they like. Even when the other side isn't really being all that hateful towards the thing in question.

Some people think it's a badly put together game and actually have examples and detailed experiences to back up their opinion. Why is there such a problem with that?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #82
JTH
"ME"

I gave it a 7.

The problems as mentioned by others, but I'm one that can live with them.

*Waits to get torn apart by both sides*
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #83
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

That's all fine and good. Just don't say stupid sh!t like I'm blinded by the license or I'm getting payed to like the game. It seems you're the kinds of people who can't fathom that there is a single human being who likes the game, as you keep attacking me or give examples of bad reviews. It's pointless!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #84
sirroscoe
Thug

I must be the only one in the middle ground here. Yes the game is fun, but it's very flawed. An 8 is giving this game too much praise, but a 2.4 is WAY too harsh. There's too much passion and ambition in this game to give it that low of a score. The ideas were good, the Turtles play like they should play, but the execution was horrible. The camera is all over the place, and the glitches are galore. At best, this game deserves a 6.

With all that said, they did build a good foundation and future Turtles games should follow suit in the terms of combat. I'll create a thread addressing that and what they need to do in follow-ups because I don't want what Red Fly did to end here.
sirroscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #85
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
That's all fine and good. Just don't say stupid sh!t like I'm blinded by the license or I'm getting payed to like the game. It seems you're the kinds of people who can't fathom that there is a single human being who likes the game, as you keep attacking me or give examples of bad reviews. It's pointless!
Because you won't shut up about how people are "wrong". Learn to practice what you preach, homeboy.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #86
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirroscoe View Post
I must be the The ideas were good, the Turtles play like they should play, but the execution was horrible. The camera is all over the place, and the glitches are galore. At best, this game deserves a 6.

With all that said, they did build a good foundation and future Turtles games should follow suit in the terms of combat. I'll create a thread addressing that and what they need to do in follow-ups because I don't want what Red Fly did to end here.
Someone really needs to send me a video of these game breaking glitches that apparently brings the entire game down. That was my 7th play through of the campaign online and still we haven't found a single game breaking glitch. There were hiccups like floating weapons and unpolished character movements but they were few and far between!

Great review, though! I guess that's the thing that annoys me most: we finally got a great foundation to work with and these 'big' websites are giving it scores below 3!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #87
Cowabungawolf89
Stone Warrior

I maxed out all the turtles before I continued the campaign mode. Now i'm on Chapter 4 and the game should be a piece of cake now that I have all their abilities and secondary weapons maxed out.
Cowabungawolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #88
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:

Great review, though! I guess that's the thing that annoys me most: we finally got a great foundation to work with and these 'big' websites are giving it scores below 3!
Why should they give a better score to something they don't like?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #89
Leo656
The Franchise

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #90
Shadowsculptor
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabungawolf89 View Post
I maxed out all the turtles before I continued the campaign mode. Now i'm on Chapter 4 and the game should be a piece of cake now that I have all their abilities and secondary weapons maxed out.
Yea I actually did the same thing. I played the campaign up until the start of chapter 2, and then got sidetracked with the amazingly addictive challenge mode, I've sunk about 12 hours into challenge mode. now I'm level 58 with all of the turtles maxed out. I went through chapter 3 with ease and now I'm almost done with chapter 4. MUCH more enjoyable Than the first bits of e game when my turtles sucked.

I also play challenge and arcade mode with the voices OFF and a custom TMNT soundtrack of music from the original movies etc. so it's much more enjoyable and serious.
Shadowsculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #91
Cowabungawolf89
Stone Warrior

I just finished it, Campaign is only 4 chapters and the final battle takes place in the Krang's fortress. Even though campaign is so short I still enjoyed it. All that's left to do is Arcade mode and Challenge mode.
Cowabungawolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #92
Zog
Hench Mutant

I really enjoyed the game. Didn't have any glitches or bugs as others though. The combat needs some fine tuning but I love the individuality of the turtles!
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #93
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

i really want to give it a 7, cause the designs look great, the animation is very nicely done and the levels look fine. The lighting have the usual Unreal Engine hick-ups, nothing biggie, even big games like Arkham got those issues. All the added details from the various TMNT mediums and canons are very well made and the voice acting is good.

But. The bugs, the terrible jarring controls and a camera set out to waste your sorry ass really takes the game down a lot.

Deserves a 4, but. I caved in as a biased TMNT fan and give it a 5.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #94
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
BlackNerd and IGN are pretty much the only reliable sources when it comes to TMNT Reviews...
so anyone who pays for the game, plays the game for a suitable amount of time, and provides their opinion on the game they just spent money on and plenty of their free time playing, is somehow discredited because they are not blacknerd or ign? That is not rational.

your emotions are getting the better of you and what started as a nice review turned south pretty quick.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #95
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
BlackNerd and IGN are pretty much the only reliable sources when it comes to TMNT Reviews... I would say ComicVine as well but their Out of the Shadows review never mentioned just how unpolished the game is. They focused on those pointless complaints people are giving the game on this thread when they could've atleast point out what the game could really improve on, such as the presentation!

The realistic models could work great if they're basing this on their own version in this video game franchise but the fact that its based on the Nickelodeon cartoon just shortens their demographics. It still looks cool but disjointed.

Btw BlackNerd already mentioned he loved the game because he can't put it down. It's that fun!
This is literally the worst thing I've read in this section of the forum. Well done, lad.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #96
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Now that I got the game on 360, it's a lot more playable.

The controls feel a lot more smoother and abide (usually) my commands, like a whole new game.

I breezed through chapter 3 with Karai and Shredder without any TPK. I guess the patch fixed a lot or the PC edition is completely broken.

Still had terrible bugs, like after the first shredder fight, Leo could no longer jump. The A button was not broken and all other turtles could jump, but not Leo...

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 10-06-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #97
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

any word on the ps3 release?

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #98
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
any word on the ps3 release?
As of two days ago they said there's still no release date.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #99
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The controls feel a lot more smoother and abide (usually) my commands, like a whole new game.

I breezed through chapter 3 with Karai and Shredder without any TPK. I guess the patch fixed a lot or the PC edition is completely broken.
Odd that you'd find this. And the PC version was patched as well.

PC controls very smoothly, and probably achieves a higher, more stable framerate. I'm using a wired 360 pad as well, so no differences there.

Never had any difficulty with the game either, and I'm no pro.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #100
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

haven't played on the PC post-patch though.

Tags
2012, nick, tmnt, video games