The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-25-2022, 01:55 PM   #41
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The answer to her question would be "Impulsive people who make poor decisions." Her quote also sounds like a deflection. But again, I wasn't there. ((Shrug))
Was gonna say it totally sounds like a deflection.

I randomly watched an interview with the two of them, a few years ago, and he was very heavily implying stuff went down betteeen then. I remember thinking it was distasteful.

Doesn’t matter though, obviously. I’m not here to judge the guy. Seemed like he had a good side too.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:06 PM   #42
Warhorse
Emperor

I'm sorry to hear he passed. But this isn't looking like such a slam dunk case to me. Apparently the ex, Tammie and he were in the same hotel but separate rooms and she just happened to be in the adjacent room to him when he hung himself.

And this isn't all. Apparently he had a stepdaughter, Shayla Bergeron, who was the daughter of his wife, Tammie, and she killed herself about a year ago. And she left her own daughter, Drayden Meekins, and there is a custody battle going on between Jason David Frank, Tammie and the girl's biological father, Jason Meekins. Can't help but feel some shady stuff is going on behind the scenes.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:15 PM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Was gonna say it totally sounds like a deflection.

I randomly watched an interview with the two of them, a few years ago, and he was very heavily implying stuff went down betteeen then. I remember thinking it was distasteful.

Doesn’t matter though, obviously. I’m not here to judge the guy. Seemed like he had a good side too.
I'm sure he did, there's no shortage of stories about what a nice guy he was to others, and I don't doubt those stories. People can be heavily flawed while still being outwardly decent, that's common. Nobody who doesn't know would have any inkling of what a train wreck my personal life has always been for four decades, when I'm out and about amongst other people I give a strong outward projection of someone who has their sh*t together, meanwhile on the inside I'm only ever one bad day away from grabbing a rope. So I can actually very strongly relate to this dude. I speak bluntly but it's just because I'm pragmatic.

And I didn't see those interviews you speak of, but I also don't doubt. All I'll say is that the stories I always heard about he and Amy Jo constantly retreating to each others' trailers between takes for a little 4:20 and Snu-Snu were spoken by "cast and crew". That plus what I see among my own peers in the entertainment industry has me believe that something happened; plenty of famous people who'd just gotten married like not even a month before, taking other people up to their hotel room. It's scummy but it's how famous and good-looking people behave, to pretend otherwise is just plain absurd and naive.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:38 PM   #44
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Sometimes onscreen couples become real-life couples such as Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan, Kirk Cameron and Chelsea Noble, Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos. Others are great chemistry and are close in real-life though not romantically. Jason and Amy Jo had excellent chemistry and a bond though I know rumors abound perhaps because they are so believable as a couple. I never watched the show, Saved by The Bell, but I got the same impression from people that much like JDF and AJJ Mark Gosselar and Tiffani Theissen, they had great chemistry and a bond in real-life that was not romantic. Other on-screen couples give off reality in their fictional pairing because of how well they work together.

As for the overnight passing, I have been thinking about how it played out. JDF has always been emotional, its a part of who he is and part of what drew us to him. I am inclined to think that his estranged wife Tammi got him upset and he responded with something like 'You don't want to be married to me anymore? You want the house and the car? Probably my stake in Rising Sun too? I'm glad Jenna finished school, otherwise you would probably take her from me too!. Fine, you can have it all, its in my will!". Then she called the cops thinking he would go through with his threat and JDF caught up in emotion ended it before police could get there. It's just so surreal! One who gives back so much.

Edit:
This video captures who he is and why it is hard to imagine what happened.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 11-25-2022 at 05:25 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:35 AM   #45
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure he did, there's no shortage of stories about what a nice guy he was to others, and I don't doubt those stories. People can be heavily flawed while still being outwardly decent, that's common. Nobody who doesn't know would have any inkling of what a train wreck my personal life has always been for four decades, when I'm out and about amongst other people I give a strong outward projection of someone who has their sh*t together, meanwhile on the inside I'm only ever one bad day away from grabbing a rope. So I can actually very strongly relate to this dude. I speak bluntly but it's just because I'm pragmatic.

And I didn't see those interviews you speak of, but I also don't doubt. All I'll say is that the stories I always heard about he and Amy Jo constantly retreating to each others' trailers between takes for a little 4:20 and Snu-Snu were spoken by "cast and crew". That plus what I see among my own peers in the entertainment industry has me believe that something happened; plenty of famous people who'd just gotten married like not even a month before, taking other people up to their hotel room. It's scummy but it's how famous and good-looking people behave, to pretend otherwise is just plain absurd and naive.
I can understand that. I’ve always felt like it’s incredibly easy to maintain a calm disposition, despite whatever inner turmoil is going on. I can easily smile and be polite even if I am feeling like complete **** inside. The reasoning being that it costs nothing and the alternative doesn’t make me feel any better.

If it made me feel any better to go around brow-beating everyone, moping, and forgetting my manners, then hell, maybe I would.

But this isn’t universal. Some people make it completely obvious when they’re unhappy.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 03:03 PM   #46
ssjup81
Foot Elite

It's sad how he succumbed to his sadness and took his own life. It's still shocking even though it's been like a week or so. I was never a big Power Rangers fan, but I think anyone who grew up during that time is very familiar with the OG MMPR group. Ironically, he was supposed to be at a convention here in my area in January as one of the special guests. My cousin, who was a huge fan back in the day, already had tickets to attend it. He's also still surprised by this.

That aside, based on some of the more recent posts of this thread, I actually hope that there wasn't any foul play here. I mean...I'm sad he took his life, but it'd be devastating if someone else harmed him and framed it to look like a suicide. I dunno.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 08:53 AM   #47
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Between this and Kevin Conroy, this has not been a very time right now. I think I only got to speak with JDF a few times through social media and he always seemed like a positive influence on the fans. You can tell he loved what he was doing. He never seemed like someone who would ever let something like this get to him to the point where he would take his own life. There are times where people closest to you can see when there's really something wrong behind a smile but if there were ever times he was going through some phases, I guess even his closest friends like Amy Jo couldn't even see it. I really wish things like these wouldn't happen to stars. It just seems like becoming famous can come at a price most of the time and it just sucks. Maybe this was the breaking point that made JDF snap whereas usually he comes off as calm and collected.

I wonder if Austin St. John was ever going to work things out with him although he probably wishes he did now. There seem to be at least one or two times they came together but not completely. Since Jason is my favorite ranger from MMPR, I definitely would be crushed if he surcomed to this, especially after his arrest. I just pray and hope that none of the other PR actors do something like this as well because it's extremely devastating. I hope they learn from this. Amy Jo seems like she has.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:09 PM   #48
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

After Austin got in legal trouble JDF urged people to wait to see how it plays put and he won't believe that Austin is guilty unless a court decides that he is, he supports Austin. So I believe it's clashing personalities more than anything. I doubt it was like Hogan and Savage mere months before Savage passed away when they allegedly crossed paths at a Tampa area doctor's office. Still no love lost.

He was personally close to Amy Jo and David, it seemed like two groups of friends in our original six.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:12 PM   #49
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
TMZ revealed more information. He had two arguments with his ex on the night he hung himself.
He hung himself? Geez…
Old 11-28-2022, 05:36 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Between this and Kevin Conroy, this has not been a very time right now. I think I only got to speak with JDF a few times through social media and he always seemed like a positive influence on the fans. You can tell he loved what he was doing. He never seemed like someone who would ever let something like this get to him to the point where he would take his own life. There are times where people closest to you can see when there's really something wrong behind a smile but if there were ever times he was going through some phases, I guess even his closest friends like Amy Jo couldn't even see it. I really wish things like these wouldn't happen to stars. It just seems like becoming famous can come at a price most of the time and it just sucks. Maybe this was the breaking point that made JDF snap whereas usually he comes off as calm and collected.

I wonder if Austin St. John was ever going to work things out with him although he probably wishes he did now. There seem to be at least one or two times they came together but not completely. Since Jason is my favorite ranger from MMPR, I definitely would be crushed if he surcomed to this, especially after his arrest. I just pray and hope that none of the other PR actors do something like this as well because it's extremely devastating. I hope they learn from this. Amy Jo seems like she has.
Why is Austin St John under house arrest anyway, what did he do?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:34 AM   #51
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1266119097290372.

His funeral and burial was yesterday morning. True to who he is, the service was streamed.

His impulsive nature must have been what did him in. Its the only explanation for the unexplainable.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:15 AM   #52
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1266119097290372.

His funeral and burial was yesterday morning. True to who he is, the service was streamed.

His impulsive nature must have been what did him in. Its the only explanation for the unexplainable.
When you live, you fill the world with your actions everyday; but by contrast it's amazing because when you are gone it's a day or two and you are GONE - be it in the Earth or in the Ash. G O N E.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:48 PM   #53
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Andre Meadows AKA the Black Nerd posted this around the JDF and Kevin Conroy's passings. I think he was obviously referring to both of them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClPEvX8yi2W/

Johnny Young Bosch shared this memory of him and JDF today. He said that it was filmed around 2010.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClkE9TIOUWC

ETA: According to a friend, Jason struggled with mental health for quite a few years. He struggled with the losses of multiple friends and family over the years - including many who died by suicide. Even though he had thousands of fans, he often felt very lonely. Losing his mother to cancer back in 2018 was especially tough on him.

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/28/power...health-friend/

Last edited by ranger_scout; 11-29-2022 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Adding article about why his life was roungh.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:44 PM   #54
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Tammie Frank, the widow of Jason, is setting the record straight on what happened the night that Jason committed suicide. She's also been saying that she has been harassed for many days online and asking people to stop.

Jason David Frank's Wife Reveals 'Power Rangers' Star Died by Suicide: 'He Was Not Without His Demons'
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:20 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

It's disgusting that an innocent person gets harassed and sh*tposted and slandered because too many morons somehow believed that an actor was actually a super-hero.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It's disgusting that an innocent person gets harassed and sh*tposted and slandered because too many morons somehow believed that an actor was actually a super-hero.
It's pretty ****ed up.

When I first heard of the divorce was over cheating I felt bad for JDF, but when I found out HE was the one doing the cheating.... that changed a lot of my opinions on the matter.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
That's true.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:18 PM   #58
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

His wife, Tammie said they were in the middle of reconciling and things seemed to be looking up, but when she left for less than ten minutes he locked her out, went into the hotel bathroom and hung himself? It still does not add up. 'Looks like things are getting better, but what if it goes south again?' He psyches himself up and in a spur of the moment unnecessary panic he puts together a noose? I see comparisons to Robin Williams, a very approachable, warmhearted guy who on the surface had nothing bad going on and those closest to him had no idea he would do such a thing. The most giving, genuine and emotional of people are the one's that need to be watched.

He found his stepdaughter dead 13 months ago, it seems her death triggered a custody struggle between father and maternal grandparents and martial striff between them. It all seems to be rooted there.

Furthermore, I have seen interviews at just the mention of his older brother his eyes well up with tears. All of these motivational speaker videos and reaching out to fandom the way he did, it's almost like it was therapeutic for him and his way of trying to keep others for suffering from depression like him.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:14 PM   #59
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
His wife, Tammie said they were in the middle of reconciling and things seemed to be looking up, but when she left for less than ten minutes he locked her out, went into the hotel bathroom and hung himself? It still does not add up. 'Looks like things are getting better, but what if it goes south again?' He psyches himself up and in a spur of the moment unnecessary panic he puts together a noose? I see comparisons to Robin Williams, a very approachable, warmhearted guy who on the surface had nothing bad going on and those closest to him had no idea he would do such a thing. The most giving, genuine and emotional of people are the one's that need to be watched.

He found his stepdaughter dead 13 months ago, it seems her death triggered a custody struggle between father and maternal grandparents and martial striff between them. It all seems to be rooted there.

Furthermore, I have seen interviews at just the mention of his older brother his eyes well up with tears. All of these motivational speaker videos and reaching out to fandom the way he did, it's almost like it was therapeutic for him and his way of trying to keep others for suffering from depression like him.

The routine behaviors of a person just pre-suicide is that they appear to be happy and more focused than the people around them are used to seeing.

The prevailing theory on that is that the "happiness" that other people perceive as "things looking up" is actually happiness on part of the suicider for finally having a resolution to whatever their long-term inner turmoil is.

And so by perception of Jason's wife "things looking up" might have looked like blue skies, but by perception of Jason, his enlightened attitude was most likely "I've made a decision and won't have to deal with this much longer" as a form of relief.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 04:00 AM   #60
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
It's pretty messed up how much people's judgement is affected by nostalgia.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote