The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-23-2022, 01:58 AM   #21
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So Crimea is different because they wanted to switch from being under Ukraine to under Russia while Ukraine itself is being bullied into being put under Russia because of a pipeline profit?
Its not about pipeline profit, but about Putin's "dream" about "gathering back Soviet Union". Or at least, as much as possible he can manage, before going full WW3. Well, and looking like a macho leader for his dumb followers.

Quote:
https://bronx.news12.com/ukraine-cri...outside-russia
Financial sanctions against Russian banks and oligarchs were made earlier this afternoon. U.S. could do more though. I am surprised that Boris Johnson has not announced any sanctions yet.
It might be interesting, since unlike before it directly affects Putin's friends, a circle which for a long time was considered to be untouchable. On one hand, it might lead to some disagreement among Russian elites and possible change of course in the perspective, since they would not like to lose money, on the other - it might anger dwarf even further.

Quote:
He is 69. The relic of the KGB past is still pretty vigor and healthy for his age. I admit I thought he would have started to step back by now. Though look at both Trump and Biden who are a few years older still going full force. Fidel Castro did not step back until he was in his late 70s'.
Russian tsars rarely step away on their own. You either need a revolution, a coup d'état or them just kicking the bucket to achieve this. Otherwise, they will cling to the power until their last breath. And it doesn't matter whether they are called "tsars", "general secretaries" or "presidents".

The only ones who stepped away in the last few decades were Gorbachev (who, surprisingly for a Russian leader, didn't want power), Yeltsin (who was too sick to rule) and Medvedev (who was Putin's proxy and thus doesn't count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm surprised no one has ever managed to just take Putin down yet. How old is he even at this point, it would be easier if he'd just kick the bucket.
They will sent James Bond, Ethan Hunt and Batman to hunt him down. Any day. Any day.

Last edited by Sumac; 02-23-2022 at 08:27 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:43 AM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Putin's crack team of bears on unicycles would easily quell any potential coup or uprising within minutes, anyways.

If Biden had a team of bears on unicycles then Jan. 6th never would have happened. Goes to show, there's still much we can learn from Russia, even now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:28 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
They will sent James Bond, Ethan Hunt and Batman to hunt him down. Any day. Any day.
What, is he living in a bullet and bomb proof bunker all the time? No infiltrator could use his poisoning tricks against him?

Quote:
Trump would've been all over this as his record of action points out.
Aahaha... Maybe all over it writing grade school poetry for his love, Putin.

https://www.clayandbuck.com/presiden...om-mar-a-lago/
Quote:
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, what went wrong was a rigged election and what went wrong is a candidate that shouldn’t be there and a man that has no concept of what he’s doing. I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.

So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy… I know him very well. Very, very well.

By the way, this never would have happened with us. Had I been in office, not even thinkable. This would never have happened. But here’s a guy that says, you know, “I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent,” he used the word “independent,” “and we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.” You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad.
Says it wouldn't have happened under his watch, yet he's fawning over it and calls them peacekeepers...with more tanks than he's ever seen. Righhhht...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-23-2022 at 02:50 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 06:40 PM   #24
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
What, is he living in a bullet and bomb proof bunker all the time? No infiltrator could use his poisoning tricks against him?

I can't even address this comment.

Quote:
Aahaha... Maybe all over it writing grade school poetry for his love, Putin.

https://www.clayandbuck.com/presiden...om-mar-a-lago/

Says it wouldn't have happened under his watch, yet he's fawning over it and calls them peacekeepers...with more tanks than he's ever seen. Righhhht...
You clearly have no idea how to read context. Trump wasn't calling Russia "peacekeepers" you clown. He was citing what Russia had said and then mocking it. He's saying "Putin said they were peacekeepers" and following it up with "well that's BS - he's sending in the strongest -airquotes- peacekeeping force ever", hence mocking it and calling out Putin's lies. And then he says how this never would have happened under his watch.

OMG your comprehension level is.... I mean this is exactly how an idiot forms her opinions. Go back and re-read the statement. Holy $#!( I can't even believe what you've got in your head. I can't even believe it.

I swear to God that I actually almost feel guilty saying this outright because it's like taking candy from a baby - but you are a f'ing idiot of the highest order and it's clear by how you interpret information. What you wrote and interpreted above is direct evidence of the kind of mental calculus that all of your opinions are born of. I can't even believe it.

You read that and formed the honest-to-God perception that Trump's statement on the matter was that Russia was in the right and that he was saying that Russia is indeed a peacekeeping force. That was your comprehension and ability to read the statement. And that is the headmath you've used to form all of your analysis about current events and the political state that you dig in on so tightly. This isn't "one" mistake on Indigo's part. It's actually direct evidence of who you are really talking to when you engage with her in any discourse. It's a person with ZERO knowledge, and clearly ZERO reading or situational comprehension who only has developed one life skill. And that one life skill is to fake real understanding by digging in and delivering hard-nosed, semantic-arguments in the hopes that nobody notices that she is indeed clueless.

You actually misread and misinterpreted your own source and then delivered your position based on a complete lack of reading comprehension on the matter.

Last edited by IMJ; 02-23-2022 at 06:52 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:49 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

She's had you blocked for like a year, bro.

I just feel compelled to let you know in case you wish to save your strength going forward. Time is not a renewable resource and you're literally talking to yourself. I know that you value your time greatly, and I'm not sure if you knew that she hasn't seen any of this stuff you say, but now you know. You said you deleted another post earlier because you knew it wouldn't do any good; neither will arguing with someone who can't see what you're saying.

Just FYI.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:38 PM   #26
Sumac
Banned

Putin has started a war.
Hopefully it will be his last war and the last war for this iteration of Russia.
Prayers and strength to the Ukraine.

Quote:
Are you an idiot? No, seriously, do you seriously judge the world by comic books and action movies?

Quote:
It is clearly an irony. Drink less left kool-aid, before you start growing sickles and hammers, instead of brain.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:32 AM   #27
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
She's had you blocked for like a year, bro.

I just feel compelled to let you know in case you wish to save your strength going forward. Time is not a renewable resource and you're literally talking to yourself. I know that you value your time greatly, and I'm not sure if you knew that she hasn't seen any of this stuff you say, but now you know. You said you deleted another post earlier because you knew it wouldn't do any good; neither will arguing with someone who can't see what you're saying.

Just FYI.
Oh I know. But I'm also literally talking to everyone who would read the nonsense she posts so that they have a reality as a counterpoint so as not to be drawn into a ridiculous and uninformed opinion that vitriolic people like Indigo might say.

So I could care less about Indigo herself - I never did. But I care more about the quasi-influential nonsense that she puts out into the world, especially here where people onboard with skewed perspective so easily or without real information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Putin has started a war.
Hopefully it will be his last war and the last war for this iteration of Russia.
Prayers and strength to the Ukraine.
This whole thing is an honest-to-God tragedy, man. Anyone who doesn't think it is clearly has no conceptualization of what this could lead to. Those are real lives in Ukraine that are being threatened and upended - I have two friends from Ukraine who live in Chicago and they are both terrific girls and good people who have a lot of great information about this. And Biden's handling of this is also an open invitation for China to move on Taiwan.

This whole thing is terrible.
Old 02-24-2022, 08:40 AM   #28
Vegita-San
Emperor

something i've been wondering lately.

why is communism so common on 'the mainland'? The UK seems to have gotten over it. Australia. some other places. but not russia, china, etc. all the bad seems to come from that 'small' section of the world and nothing really changes much.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:36 AM   #29
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
something i've been wondering lately.

why is communism so common on 'the mainland'? The UK seems to have gotten over it. Australia. some other places. but not russia, china, etc. all the bad seems to come from that 'small' section of the world and nothing really changes much.
The United Kingdom and Australia have never been Communist. Russia hasn't been Communist snce the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991. Vladimir Putin is an aggresive Nationalist and today's Russia is a dyfunctional democracy.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:37 AM   #30
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The United Kingdom and Australia have never been Communist.
what I was trying to get at is that the idea never really took hold over there. yet on the main laind, not so much.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:45 AM   #31
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
what I was trying to get at is that the idea never really took hold over there. yet on the main laind, not so much.
Stil, Communist countries haven't existed in Europe since 1991. Extreme nationalism is the new poison that threatens Europe.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-24-2022 at 02:08 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:57 AM   #32
IMJ
Emperor

Communism is an incredibly effective form of population mobilization and "peasant control". Both of which make it a ripe system for power grabs and the diminishment of a middle class.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:35 AM   #33
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news...ntl/index.html

Here are live updates.
Old 02-24-2022, 11:41 AM   #34
IMJ
Emperor

Most reasonable people have migrated away from CNN as a news source as eyes have been opened.

CNN’s Ratings Collapse: Prime Time Down Nearly 70% In Key Demo

There are other places to give the clicks to. Some of the extreme-libards & hangers-on here will argue the point, but CNN is in shambles, rightfully so.

Cuomo, there key hate-monger host was fired for sexual harassment.
Toobin exposed himself on a zoom call.
CNN's president Jeff Zucker resigns for having internal sexual "relationships"
Don Lemon conspired with Jessie Smollett who was found lying in court about being "attacked by white people"
And there's more....

And you'd link to CNN for anything? Find another source, dude.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

lol... only about 100,000 people are watching CNN? That's hysterical.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:31 PM   #36
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
lol... only about 100,000 people are watching CNN? That's hysterical.
Rational people are walking away in droves from the liberal assault and the "woe-is-me-I'll-blame-an-ism" culture. YouTubers are getting more views that the Crap News Network.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:42 PM   #37
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It's just a convenient source to refresh as I sit through meetings. I knew the station had been hit hard, but I didn't realize that bad. I had hoped Nickelodeon would continue with decline after the stunt it pulled over the summer. Another thread for another time.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:55 PM   #38
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
It's just a convenient source to refresh as I sit through meetings. I knew the station had been hit hard, but I didn't realize that bad. I had hoped Nickelodeon would continue with decline after the stunt it pulled over the summer. Another thread for another time.
I don't know anything about the Nickelodeon thing.....
What should I search for to catch up on that?
Old 02-24-2022, 01:00 PM   #39
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I don't know anything about the Nickelodeon thing.....
What should I search for to catch up on that?
Just search : nickelodeon ratings decline lgbtq
Old 02-24-2022, 01:29 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Just search : nickelodeon ratings decline lgbtq
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/enterta...agenda-to-kids

Really disgusting. Sadly, not at all surprising.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote