The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-26-2022, 07:19 PM   #161
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Ah. I figured that might play into it. Doesn't sound bad at all. Not every other state is that lucky, though.
Every state WISHES it was NJ, they just pretend otherwise.

We have beaches AND mountains AND forests AND cities AND suburbs AND everything in between. It's like every bit of the human existence condensed into a state you could drive from A to Z inside of three hours. We don't get earthquakes, we don't get tornadoes or hurricanes except once every few decades and we even told Covid to f*ck off completely AND IT DID.

This is the spot. The ONLY thing that sucks is how expensive it is, but NJ is America. If there is a God I'll die here. I'd never want to leave.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:27 PM   #162
Vegita-San
Emperor

you are sounding more woke with each and every post dude.

We accept all, of differing opinions. the key is, don't be a jerk.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:30 PM   #163
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

Dude, I'm bi. (And an atheist, in case you randomly decide to bring up god again.)
and this is why the left wokeist will fail. they assume check boxes without listening...or caring when proven wrong. These days, if you are black and don't line up with the narrative, you get 'ain't black enough'.... or, a woman getting called a misogynist for hating a all female lead movie. you can't write crap like this up it's so stupid..

Old 11-26-2022, 07:37 PM   #164
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
you are sounding more woke with each and every post dude.
And to Campbell's Twitter minions I'm "a hateful bigot" because I call their sh*t out too. If both sets of extremists hate me, that just proves I'm doing something right.

I've never claimed to be anything but a firm centrist. Centrism only looks like extremism to people on the far opposite end. So if I look like a "Wokester" to you, then congratulations, you've started drinking the Alt-Right Kool-Aid. I hear the current flavor is Cherry.

Quote:
and this is why the left wokeist will fail. they assume check boxes without listening...or caring when proven wrong. These days, if you are black and don't line up with the narrative, you get 'ain't black enough'.... or, a woman getting called a misogynist for hating a all female lead movie. you can't write crap like this up it's so stupid..
And most black people I know work 40+ hours a week, don't even have social media, and can't be bothered with ANY of this stuff.

Like I said, it pays to visit Real Life more than occasionally. It grants tons and tons of perspective on how Real People - not Social Media NPCs - actually think and behave.

Old 11-26-2022, 07:41 PM   #165
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Good for you, congratulations on having the courage to post that out loud in a place like this that is overflowing with anti-gay hatred for whatever reason it is.

Regardless, you stand by and say nothing at all whenever that bigotry raises its head as it often does around here, so I still have lots of questions. Like I know I crack jokes but in actuality homophobia is one of my buttons, I won't tolerate it. I'm not your Dad but I think you could do more to be supportive of your "brethren".
I disagree on your first point. Anti-woke rhetoric isn't the same as anti-gay, not by a longshot. I've never felt or seen that hatred you mention around people who think like me. It's just a big boogieman notion the left came up with to be even more divisive.

I know full well you're not my dad. We wouldn't have exchanged so many words if you were, and you'd have to be a lot douchier. Not as bright, too. And unlike him, you're a family man, which I respect.

My "brethren" is every other person I come across, doesn't really matter who or what they are. It's not that I don't see color or orientation, it's just that they don't matter outside of being as trivial as someone's shoe size. I support them just fine by treating them as they are: the same as everyone else. No more, no less.

Oh, and the best part about being bi? When someone calls you a c*cks*cker, you get to smirk and say they have no idea.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:45 PM   #166
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I hear the current flavor is Cherry.
Not Orange?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:58 PM   #167
Vegita-San
Emperor

I get out all the time and don't watch fox news, either . shocker, I know .

All I'm saying is that how you wrote the last few posts sounds like left leaning talking points.

especially 'maybe it's you, that's the problem'.....

Old 11-26-2022, 08:00 PM   #168
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Not Orange?
Nobody sincerely likes orange-flavored ANYthing.

Like I could easily be a Juggalo if not for the whole Faygo thing.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:04 PM   #169
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So...Orange Kool-aid Bad?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:04 PM   #170
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
All I'm saying is that how you wrote the last few posts sounds like left leaning talking points.

especially 'maybe it's you, that's the problem'.....
And again, those on the Far-Left say the exact same thing about me from the other end, that I'm clearly a bigot, racist, and homophobe.

Which means I'm doing a fantastic job of walking the straight line in the middle, which is where 99% of Real Life takes place.

I don't think treating people like Human Beings and not tokens in some real-life game of Risk is either "left-leaning" or "right-leaning" and ought to just plain be Common Sense. But I'm on the internet, where radicalization is the rule, and so I know my words are dying helplessly in the void.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:06 PM   #171
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It should shock no one that I'm partial to Rock-A-Dile Red.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:07 PM   #172
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
You're mad about perceived anti-straight, anti-white hatred.
“Just shut up, you cisgender straight white male!”

Doesn’t hearing that make you mad, or at least a little annoyed? And ironically, you’ll most likely hear it from a white person.

When even frickin’ soda companies like Coca Cola start instructing their employees to reject their “whiteness”, how are white people supposed to react? “Well, black and gay people have it way worse than we do so we really shouldn’t complain.” Uh, no. No form of hatred and bigotry should be tolerated, even if it’s aimed toward white people.

Rejecting woke nonsense doesn’t automatically make you anti-SJW or anti-LGBTQ or anti-black; it just makes you a rational person. Conservatives reject it, libertarians reject it, and liberals reject it. Only far-left nutjobs defend it.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:10 PM   #173
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
It should shock no one that I'm partial to Rock-A-Dile Red.
Love it, Sharkleberry Fin, Great Bluedini, and Purplesaurus Rex.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:21 PM   #174
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
oh no...they got to jester too ;o)

Old 11-26-2022, 08:24 PM   #175
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

Doesn’t hearing that make you mad, or at least a little annoyed? And ironically, you’ll most likely hear it from a white person.

When even frickin’ soda companies like Coca Cola start instructing their employees to reject their “whiteness”, how are white people supposed to react? “Well, black and gay people have it way worse than we do so we really shouldn’t complain.” Uh, no. No form of hatred and bigotry should be tolerated, even if it’s aimed toward white people.

Rejecting woke nonsense doesn’t automatically make you anti-SJW or anti-LGBTQ or anti-black; it just makes you a rational person. Conservatives reject it, libertarians reject it, and liberals reject it. Only far-left nutjobs defend it.

Bingo. 98% of the time, 'Cis' is used as an insult. like they are annoyed you are 'normal' and they are 'ab normal'. which says more about them then you.
Personally, I'd take ab normal as a sign of pride, myself. all the normies are weird these days

I also don't go around saying how many gay and black and whatever friends I have . that's not treating them like a person, but a left leaning talking point . It's HOW one says things that makes them seem like they are on one side or the other, even if they aren't.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:29 PM   #176
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

...On the internet. I have ONLY ever encountered such nonsense on The Internet. And I can only laugh, in such scenarios, and let those people think whatever they want, because they clearly don't know me at all. Nothing I could say would ever change their mind, either.

Like what am I gonna do, fist-fight Campbell's entire Twitter because some of the people there think I hate gay people? I have Real Life Sh*t to do. I can't be bothered with that sh*t. When people in Real Life start coming at me with that kinda sh*t, I'll care. So far, nobody ever has. Hopefully, they never will. And if they do, they can try; There's only figuratively millions of people who'd counter their assessment with some variant of "Naaaaah he ain't like that." I know who has my back and who doesn't.

Once more, not to be "big time" but I'm out in the Real World every day, and I see the disparity between how people act in Real Life vs. on The Internet. MOST people don't even know what "cis" means, what "Woke" means, because most people have f*cking jobs and Real Life Problems.

If this sh*t is your crusade, you're not busy enough. There is no nicer way to put it. If you're defending a politician who wouldn't stop to piss on you if you were on fire, you have too much free time. If you spend your afternoons railing against the Woke Boogeyman on a dead message board, you have too much free time. I'm not even being mean. I'm on here today because it's Saturday night and I'm half-drunk; during the week, my "free time" is midnight to 4am and I will be god f*cking damned if This Sh*t is gonna be my priority anymore.

Y'all do what you want and all I can do is call it like I see it, same as always. People with No F*cking Lives, tilting at windmills. "Same As It Ever Was."

Last edited by Leo656; 11-26-2022 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:33 PM   #177
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Bingo. 98% of the time, 'Cis' is used as an insult. like they are annoyed you are 'normal' and they are 'ab normal'. which says more about them then you.
Personally, I'd take ab normal as a sign of pride, myself. all the normies are weird these days

I also don't go around saying how many gay and black and whatever friends I have . that's not treating them like a person, but a left leaning talking point . It's HOW one says things that makes them seem like they are on one side or the other, even if they aren't.
And WHERE do you go and congregate where those are Actual Conversations?!

I suspect it's just message boards and comments sections. In Real Life people generally don't talk or act like that. I know those people exist, but just like the Alex Jones types, they're so far on the fringes of society that no sane person even gives them the time of day.

Also, it is Not My Fault I know so many gay and black people. But since I do, I find it pays to let their perspective influence my own, seeing as how I'm not actually omnipotent. Frankly I'd be shocked if some'a y'all knew ANY, and I'm sure you don't act the way you do Here in front of Them.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:42 PM   #178
Vegita-San
Emperor

yep, online message board conversations. I don't interact with those people, I just read how they intended it to sound, shake my head, and move on. Don't even bother to interact with them most of the time. but it's clearly meant to be hateful, and that's not good.

Same with Trump. I could care less if he dropped dead tomorrow. I'd mourn the loss of potential, if that, and move on. what I DON'T like is people smearing someone in a non stop 24/7 hate campaign. Politician or not, the only person who deserves something like that is a literal hitler, which he is far from.

I 'defend' him if only to drive people away from that non stop anger and hate, which isn't healthy. You'll notice I'm not defending that nut job alex jones....who used a tragedy to enrich himself and boost his career .

Old 11-26-2022, 08:48 PM   #179
Leo656
The Franchise

Well see, therein is the flaw in your logic. You're taking Internet Rhetoric and conflating it with how Real People talk, think, act and behave. You need to consider the source. If they're on the internet going on some limp-dicked rant, they're 1. Not at work, and 2. Not spending time with family/friends. That means they're presently unproductive at life. Don't get emotional, just laugh and/or sigh. They're not even real people.

Always remember Carlin's Thesis: "F*ck those people, if they knew anything at all then they wouldn't be riding the bus."

Old 11-26-2022, 09:00 PM   #180
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've never heard anyone say anything other than gay/lesbian/bisexual in real life.

All those 50+ other genders and sexual orientations you see people say online is just an internet thing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote