The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2024, 05:44 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
They'll probably be there in the first episode, followed by a scene either partway through or at the end of them or the turtles moving out to get "space." Or, the episode will just start with that having already happened.
Yeah that's what I figure, they'll all be moved out by the end of the first ep, or show a flashback that they're already gone. Then they'll just appear as a recurring characters through the series. They do have to address Scumbug though, unless they make a "joke" that he and Splinter broke up or something.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 10:15 PM   #22
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

I guess I'm in the minority, I think this rules. MM blew chunks imo but this visual style translates nicely to 2D. Especially the character designs -- damn, this Leo is the best looking TMNT design in a HOT minute. They chilled out on the wild proportions for the other turtles which is nice. Mikey still has braces, Donnie still has those impractical glasses, and Raph still has a durag, but that was settled by the movie's team. The color choices are especially nice.

Looks like they're taking visual influence from that Moon Girl show, which is a smart move if you're emulating a sketchy graphic style like in the movie.

Where you guys see "cheap," I'm seeing "chunky." It's not as smooth as Rise, but the animation (what we see of it) has a good amount of punch. Certainly more than in MM. I've certainly seen far lazier animation in action cartoons even just a couple of years ago. Some of those are 3D as well -- trust me "smoother" doesn't always mean better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
Hopefully we don't run into another mutant of the week situation.
Unfortunately we might, and that's my hangup on watching this. Everybody in-universe is totally stoked on the TMNT now, so a major major part of the conflict of these characters is disturbed right out the gate (thanks, movie). So you hand these people a show that's the equivalent of making a Spider-Man show where everybody knows he's Peter Parker and they're all okay with that, or a Batman show where his parents are still alive and healthy.

What the hell do you do?

Not that it's automatically DOA for me. From what we've seen, this team made all the right decisions they could imo. So this could turn into something interesting. But I think it's gonna be MOTW for most of its run. Which is fine, it's a kids show. Just not for me.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 12:25 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

As long as it's got much more of the arc-thing happening I'll probably like it fine enough.

But looking like fanart is rubbing me the wrong way. If it's likeable otherwise and characterization isn't stupid, then the visual look of it won't be a deal breaker. I'll just feel like I'm watching some fan project.

But Screen Rant over there really making movie version Leo look kinda apprehensive about this and gave me a laugh.

Spoiler:
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 01:46 PM   #24
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah that's what I figure, they'll all be moved out by the end of the first ep, or show a flashback that they're already gone. Then they'll just appear as a recurring characters through the series. They do have to address Scumbug though, unless they make a "joke" that he and Splinter broke up or something.
i wouldnt be surprised if they had entire episodes focused on the other mutants
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 02:24 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

They'll appear through the series, but they likely won't be in every episode in the lair.
Old 02-12-2024, 05:25 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor

Here is an official version that works internationally, just in case you want better resolution:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 08:48 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Already saw a quick glimpse of them added to one of Pluto's existing incessant Nick/Paramount ads.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:47 AM   #28
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Here is an official version that works internationally, just in case you want better resolution:
This is a better thumbnail than the one where they all looked stoned.

And Nickelodeon's name doesn't need to be there when it's not even airing on the channel. Just put Paramount.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:14 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know it's his real life voice, but hearing Michelangelo just sound like a black teen really takes me out of it. Like it doesn't even sound like a cartoon voice, it's just a black kid voicing Michelangelo.

Considering April is black in this series did they really have to take another one? I wouldn't mind if he did a better job with the voice (Rise's Michelangelo VA was black too but he sounded better), this isn't even Michelangelo, sounds more like Blackangelo.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:55 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Er, wow, tokenizing people much...

I don't care who of what background is involved (if they sound like a fit for a character), I'm just tired of the unique vocal talents of real voice actors being dismissed in favor of regular actors (or non-actor celebrities) just for having a recognizable name, or in this case just for being "real teens!"™

Got nothing against these kids -- though I dislike Leo's VA as a person after the arrogant BS he has pulled (grow up, guy) -- but they couldn't convincingly voice two separate characters in this series to save their lives. Back in the day, I never once even guessed that Cam Clarke was doing both Leo AND Rocksteady. What happened to vocal skills like that in that industry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
And Nickelodeon's name doesn't need to be there when it's not even airing on the channel. Just put Paramount.
Probably just want it tied on there as a recognizable "kid brand" indicator.

Although that 3D animated Spongebob spin-off series that was made for Paramount+ did show up on cable itself, so I wouldn't doubt that Tales may likewise air on Nick eventually, even if not consistently.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-13-2024 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:32 AM   #31
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Seen this on the TMNT Mutant Mayhem Reddit :

tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 09:50 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Got nothing against these kids -- though I dislike Leo's VA as a person after the arrogant BS he has pulled (grow up, guy) -- but they couldn't convincingly voice two separate characters in this series to save their lives. Back in the day, I never once even guessed that Cam Clarke was doing both Leo AND Rocksteady. What happened to vocal skills like that in that industry...
Well, DEI. That's what happened.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:32 AM   #33
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

Am I the only who gets annoyed when Michelangelo and Raphael have shoulder straps on their belts?

Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 11:50 AM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Do find it a little off putting, because there is no point in their having it. Do people think Leo and Donnie have a shoulder strap just to look cool?

Ya know, kinda starting to feel like everyone just secretly knows Leo is the coolest Turtle. Everyone wants sharp weapons, everyone needs a strap, everyone wants a chance to be leader. Won't be long before [in the writing] they start stealing Leo's laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
Seen this on the TMNT Mutant Mayhem Reddit :

https://i.ibb.co/1Rm58nT/02.jpg
LOL!

These poor children. "I'm a teenager, too, so... this and that thing!" Okay and? And your asses are close to adulthood and that's gonna wear off super fast and soon you'll get it how stagnating this is to box a bunch of talking mutant Turtles into trying to reflect real life human reality. (You think we just teleported through time and were never your age and don't get it? lol)

I wasn't a teen when the 87 series started, nor the first two movies. Of course I caught up to them eventually and was about the age they started as when 87 stopped production. And I don't remember even once their age mattering or that they needed to reflect me or my age group. They didn't act our age and didn't need to, as they weren't us, they were Turtles who grew up differently and had to mature sooner.

The only thing that was noticeable was Zach acting like he was seven rather than a young teen.

Despite what some fundie parents might yell about, there's always been some good messages in the TMNT, and if you just have them reflect current kids, only offering validation for immature and dumb "cringe trend" behaviors, instead of offering something to look up to (the stuff about family, courage, honor, more dignified behavior, etc), that is a damn shame.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-17-2024 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2024, 12:47 PM   #35
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
These poor children. "I'm a teenager, too, so... this and that thing!" Okay and? And your asses are close to adulthood and that's gonna wear off super fast and soon you'll get it how stagnating this is to box a bunch of talking mutant Turtles into trying to reflect real life human reality. (You think we just teleported through time and were never your age and don't get it? lol)

I wasn't a teen when the 87 series started, nor the first two movies. Of course I caught up to them eventually and was about the age they started as when 87 stopped production. And I don't remember even once their age mattering or that they needed to reflect me or my age group. They didn't act our age and didn't need to, as they weren't us, they were Turtles who grew up differently and had to mature sooner.

The only thing that was noticeable was Zach acting like he was seven rather than a young teen.

Despite what some fundie parents might yell about, there's always been some good messages in the TMNT, and if you just have them reflect current kids, only offering validation for immature and dumb "cringe trend" behaviors, instead of offering something to look up to (the stuff about family, courage, honor, more dignified behavior, etc), that is a damn shame.

LOL

It’s a shame my nephew will grow up watching this garbage version. Maybe I should just buy him the 1987 DVDs instead, save his still-developing brain from rotting so quickly.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:35 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's 2 seasons with 10 eps each, so it's going to be 20 eps total. If the second movie is a success we'll probably get another 2 seasons before the third movie.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:54 PM   #37
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So I guess prob a full 10 this summer, maybe another 10 a year later (because god knows streaming shows can take forever to come back), and the movie a year (and some) after that?
Old 03-05-2024, 03:54 PM   #38
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's 2 seasons with 10 eps each, so it's going to be 20 eps total. If the second movie is a success we'll probably get another 2 seasons before the third movie.
Whenever someone tells me a cartoon show gets two seasons right out the gate, I can never shake the feeling that it only has one season that was split in two, it's pretty much an assumption if it's less than thirteen episodes per season and a guarantee if lower than that (see Voltron LD and its 78 episodes spread out over eight "seasons" in less than three years).

Like, it was commonly understood that cartoon seasons were thirteen episodes at a minimum and even then it was likely it was really a twenty-six episode season split in two, right?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 08:41 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Every show these days has a smaller episode count because TV isn't popular anymore and online streaming is.

Back in the day cartoons started off with 13 or 26 ep seasons, and usually ran for 52-65 eps before ending unless it was really popular and then went on longer. Prior to Rise, the 3 TMNT cartoons were all popular and successful to go on for over 100+ episodes which is why they lasted so long.

Rise of the TMNT was obviously originally intended to last a lot longer than it did. We know the second season was cut in half and most of the ideas they had for it or the third season were used in the movie with the Kraang after. I think Rise was probably going to have a 5 season run like the Nick 2012 series did if it was successful. Since it wasn't they cut it short.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:22 AM   #40
TMNT2012
Mouser

It looks fine to me, though it is filling in the gap between Mutant Mayhem and '26 sequel, so there won't be much in the way of actual plot development. Likely "Mutant of the week" stuff. I'll give it a go and keep my expectations low. Alan Wan working on this does give me hope. He did a great job on the 2012 episodes he worked on.
TMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote