The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > Introductions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
Garnet
Random Punk

Hi, mutant fellows !

Hi, I'm Garnet. I'm 35 and I live in France.

I apologize in advance for the grammar/spelling/... mistakes, I'll do my best to write correctly.

So, I'm not really a TMNT fan yet, but maybe in the future … There are some childhood memories that just can't disappear. I remember enjoying very much the classic TMNT tv series : the joyful turtles, the wise Splinter, though the best to me was that grim ninja with steel claws who was always scolded by the chewed Bubble-gum in his robot. And Bebop and Rocksteady, the walking disasters, were fantastic characters too ! I hated missing episodes. We spent countless hours with my brother and my friends playing the Hyperstone Heist. And for years I forgot about the turtles. Sure, I watched the 2014 movie, enjoyed it but I didn't felt it was worth re-watching. A month ago, I was trying to find some funny shredder-krang moments on youtube, because as a Knights of the Zodiac fan (which is a quite lazy licence currently), I have reasons to look for something to cheer up. This is when I found the 2003 tv series, with the Fugitoid, Triceratons, Utroms, Karai, … A whole new world. I understood I actually missed a lot of episodes.

So now I'm looking for other things from the license. There's so much to watch or read. It's hard to know where to start. Hmm … help, please ? I skimed some summaries of the IDW comics, and the developments about the foot clan look interesting, plus it seems some cartoonists have a nice pencil stroke. I like to draw a little (traditionnal), and I would be interested in finding nice examples in those comics (or others) for inking training. I would be happy to have some advice from the connoisseurs to locate the nicest pages. This said, I plan watching the cute looking 2012 tv series …

I'm also interested in fanwork, fancomics, fanarts … If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Technodrome

You are welcome inside the Technodrome
Old 03-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Welcome. You speak good English. Thanks for sharing your memories of TMNT. I’ve never read the comics, but I think the 2003 series and 1990 film are the best outside of the comics. I started rewatching ‘03 cartoon recently and it holds up well, even though it has flaws. Never got into the ‘90 film until nearly a year ago (it didn’t click with me the first time I watched it in 2016 for some reason). I still like the 1987 series but not as much as the ‘03 one.

Last edited by Wesley; 03-17-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #4
newfan
Mad Scientist

Hi, welcome aboard

There is a lot to explore, I was new to the franchise when I joined but I have worked my way through a proportion of it since then.
Enjoy.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
Garnet
Random Punk

Thank you, Original TMNT Cartoon Fan, Wesley, newfan !

You're right, Wesley, I forgot to mention the 1990 films. A good moment too.

You've been here for two years if I'm not mistaken, newfan. That means there's a lot to explore, Indeed !
Old 03-17-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
Thank you, Original TMNT Cartoon Fan, Wesley, newfan !

You're right, Wesley, I forgot to mention the 1990 films. A good moment too.

You've been here for two years if I'm not mistaken, newfan. That means there's a lot to explore, Indeed !
I didn't realise I was close to 2 years already, as I am not a comic reader normally I have not caught up there yet, that will take some time, only read a few random IDW so far. Caught up on all movies, 2k3, some OT and I came in with 2012 so all of that.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:16 AM   #7
Garnet
Random Punk

I think I'll do the same : some of the IDW at the begining, maybe not too randomly.

Sorry but what does "OT" stand for ?
Old 03-18-2019, 03:26 AM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I think I'll do the same : some of the IDW at the begining, maybe not too randomly.

Sorry but what does "OT" stand for ?
OT stands for Original Toon, the first Ninja turtles cartoon that ran from 1987 to 1996.

Anyways, welcome to the forums

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:21 AM   #9
Garnet
Random Punk

Oh, thanks, FredWolfLeonardo. I need to learn all those acronyms.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:08 AM   #10
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh, thanks, FredWolfLeonardo. I need to learn all those acronyms.
Sorry, this was new to me too when I came here and saw people using it.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #11
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Old Toon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
OT stands for Original Toon, the first Ninja turtles cartoon that ran from 1987 to 1996.
Or, until September 2012, Old Toon. The 4 Kids series was the New Toon.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #12
Icebot
Foot Elite

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!
Closed Thread